House expected to Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I’m not trying to be critical of you but please help me understand this. We agree that he’s a scumbag but I just don’t see where he is pro American. I want an honest conversation about this and will keep my smartass comments to myself so please tell me what policies he has that lead to this conclusion.
Smart immigration policy instead of no boarders (granted I don't like his corase rhetoric on this)
Change in the Nafta agreement to protect American Workers
Dealing with China on trade (designed to help American companies and workers but still in the works)
Tax cuts for most Americans and American companies
Reduction of red tape and government regulations pro American businesses including the energy sector which has created the energy market that now doesn't require us to involve ourselves as much with enemies to get oil and gas
originalist justices on the supreme court that are pro American life first which births liberty
Strengthen US Military while bringing troops home from foreign wars
Meet with enemies in an attempt to make peace but on our terms (North Korea)
Allow changes in drug laws to stand at state level in order to decrease the cartels marketplace
Reduction of sentences and pardons for people serving sentences for far too long on minor drug and non violent offenses
Removed ISIS leader two weeks ago
Increasing NATO countries financial and manpower commitment to police themselves and bring more of our folks home

I'm just saying that he's pro America, not that he's a great guy...he's certinaly an ego manaic but he has good policy...it's a delema, "beleive me."

Last edited:

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Exactly. Don’t want to be impeached, then don’t commit bribery in an attempt to extort a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political rival.

And why didn’t any legitimate conservative outlet push a republican controlled house or senate to investigate what Biden did? Why didn’t Trump use the St Dept or DoJ to push Ukraine? Why did he tell the Pres of Ukraine to work w Rudy who was a cut out for Lev and Igor?

Since this is allegedly about Hunter sitting on a natgas co board have you ever looked at the natgas climate in Ukraine?
I don't think anyone thought it was a big deal until they used a similar thing as a reason to launch the investigation on Trump and dirt on Trump during the 2016 campaign (i.e. the Steel memo and the Trump tower wiretaps). All the Russia and Ukraine stuff is intertwined and messy with both past and current Administrations. The last election cycle was dirty pool by both participants.

Dec 9, 2013
Wait, so extortion and bribery by themselves are impeachable/illegal, but the only difference between what Biden did and what Trump did was the reasoning? So Biden shouldn't be President because he's a criminal? Honestly I don't think any of it was illegal and the aid wasn't for Biden info, it was too look into the supposed election interference.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
What Biden did was ask for the removal of a Ukrainian prosecutor who wasn’t investigating corruption. It was bipartisan supported in the US. Had the backing of the IMF. Was also being supported by some of our European allies. It wasn’t done in secret and was not pursued by Bidens personal attorney or his 2 mob friends. It was done at a time when Rs controlled both houses and neither opened an investigation or held hearings. It was known when Trump took office and he never asked DoJ, St Dept or any in the Intelligence community to investigate. What Trump did is illegal. You cannot bribe a foreign government in an extortion attempt.

Trump released a memo that itself says is not a verbatim transcript detailing the conversation where he asked for an investigation into that company and Biden. Sworn testimony by a decorated US veteran alleges that the wording of the actual conversation contained the company’s name Burisma and when he submitted corrections to the call memo that change was not made.

Trump later goes out on the WH lawn and again asks Ukraine along w China to investigate Biden. His own CoS held a press conference where he admitted to bribery and extortion attempt. Trump’s ambassador to E.U. said this happened. An aide to the VP testified that there was a bribery to extort.

Article 2 Sec 4 of the US Constitution specifically mentions bribery as an impeachable offense.

Dec 9, 2013
Smart immigration policy instead of no boarders (granted I don't like his corase rhetoric on this)
Change in the Nafta agreement to protect American Workers
Dealing with China on trade (designed to help American companies and workers but still in the works)
Tax cuts for most Americans and American companies
Reduction of red tape and government regulations pro American businesses including the energy sector which has created the energy market that now doesn't require us to involve ourselves as much with enemies to get oil and gas
originalist justices on the supreme court that are pro American life first which births liberty
Strengthen US Military while bringing troops home from foreign wars
Meet with enemies in an attempt to make peace but on our terms (North Korea)
Allow changes in drug laws to stand at state level in order to decrease the cartels marketplace
Reduction of sentences and pardons for people serving sentences for far too long on minor drug and non violent offenses
Removed ISIS leader two weeks ago
Increasing NATO countries financial and manpower commitment to police themselves and bring more of our folks home

I'm just saying that he's pro America, not that he's a great guy...he's certinaly an ego manaic but he has good policy...it's a delema, "beleive me."
And a lot of what you posted is what I have trouble with.

Immigration should be a bipartisan issue and could have been but how can a man rail against illegal immigration and employ illegals in his own business? He doesn’t care about immigration but he knows that’s what rallies his base. How else do you explain why nothing got done 2017&2018?

Obama returned troops home faster than Trump has.

Obama also was President when NATO agreed to spending increases.

Trump is spending slightly more (but not by more than a rounding error) for military but you could also say that was a D controlled house budget.

Energy has zip to do w Trump. Energy is a result of natgas & oil pricing from early 2000s. Remember when the whole US was bitching about high gas and electric bills. Those damn O&G companies were really good at what we did and used those revenues to invest in technology to unlock huge reserves. We were so good in fact that we are seeing way too many bankruptcies and not enough liquidity to fund future reserve potential. Also coal ain’t coming back.

China is not going as planned. Farm bankruptcies are up 24%. Manufacturing is in a recession (so much for NAFTA 2.0).

I like what he did w criminal justice reform same as what Stitt is doing in OK.

The Tax cuts were not his. They were Ryan’s. And they have exploded the deficit.

He has done nothing for our vets and in fact still has an acting head.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Immigration should be a bipartisan issue and could have been but how can a man rail against illegal immigration and employ illegals in his own business? He doesn’t care about immigration but he knows that’s what rallies his base. How else do you explain why nothing got done 2017&2018?

Trump is spending slightly more (but not by more than a rounding error) for military but you could also say that was a D controlled house budget.

Energy has zip to do w Trump. Energy is a result of natgas & oil pricing from early 2000s. Remember when the whole US was bitching about high gas and electric bills. Those damn O&G companies were really good at what we did and used those revenues to invest in technology to unlock huge reserves. We were so good in fact that we are seeing way too many bankruptcies and not enough liquidity to fund future reserve potential. Also coal ain’t coming back.

China is not going as planned. Farm bankruptcies are up 24%. Manufacturing is in a recession (so much for NAFTA 2.0).

The Tax cuts were not his. They were Ryan’s. And they have exploded the deficit.

Oh, but did I mention two excellent Supreme Court Justices? That was my main voting point as a originalist not wanting a new POTUS to pick revisionist based on societal whims. Seems like you give Obama a lot of credit...My main issue with POTUS Obama was foreign policy that I felt was a huge failure in many ways under him. Void left for ISIS in Iraq to produce their caliphate, cash on the tarmac in Iran, four or five ISIS fighters for one AWOL solider trade, the Arab "spring," Benghazi. Granted I give him credit for the Osama Bin Laden raid and being a great inspiring speaker.

Dec 9, 2013
Oh, but did I mention two excellent Supreme Court Justices? That was my main voting point as a originalist not wanting a new POTUS to pick revisionist based on societal whims. Seems like you give Obama a lot of credit...My main issue with POTUS Obama was foreign policy that I felt was a huge failure in many ways under him. Void left for ISIS in Iraq to produce their caliphate, cash on the tarmac in Iran, four or five ISIS fighters for one AWOL solider trade, the Arab "spring," Benghazi. Granted I give him credit for the Osama Bin Laden raid and being a great inspiring speaker.
How should he get any credit for a SCOTUS? McConnell gift wrapped the 1st and the 2nd was a “surprise” retirement. I’m not giving Obama any credit for the things I mentioned. Just pointing out that what you gave credit to Trump for were things he was outperformed on by Obama.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
How should he get any credit for a SCOTUS? McConnell gift wrapped the 1st and the 2nd was a “surprise” retirement. I’m not giving Obama any credit for the things I mentioned. Just pointing out that what you gave credit to Trump for were things he was outperformed on by Obama.
I only give Trump "credit" for the two SCOTUS because he had a conservative pre-approved list and he picked from it. I disagree regarding Obama's "outperformance" of him in most areas...including, most interestingly, race relations (riots). Obama was a MUCH better speaker and I'd love to have a beer with him and discuss sports... We are indeed living through perhaps the most divisive two Presidents back to back in our history. It doesn't have to be that way but the media, on both sides, pours gas on national wounds and ligths it almost daily.

Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
DJT 45‘s miracle election has exposed the putrid perverted Swamp,the guilty are terrified, what is it that Wyatt Earp in the movie Toomstone Said about hell coming down, it’s happening buckle up and enjoy the ride.lock and load, helmet on , head down.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
https://twitter.com/funder/status/1193726393751887872?s=19
No doubt, whatsoever, Republicans quite strongly agree to Trump's firing, such as the Republicans who count the most in this situation, the ones who are U. S. senators, such as Graham for starters. Just dare try to be wrong and foolish enough to prove me wrong. Really and seriously, it's simply about putting party above the country. If only the president was a Democrat, the Republicans would be quite vehemently opposed to the firing. But that is the game of politics for ya. If American voters are sick and tired of playing games, then they should vote Trump out in 2020.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I’ll just leave this here. And Alan Dershowitz will never be mistaken for a Republican.

View attachment 74917
And John Kasich one of the most fiscal conservatives says he should be impeached. Same with Justin Amash.

If you don’t want to be impeached don’t commit bribery in an extortion attempt on a foreign government.
Kasich is conservative?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jan 16, 2017
Wisconsin

Immigration SHOULD be bipartisan but when one side wants open borders, that’s impossible.
Trump has done away with burdensome regulations and opened more lands to oil and gas production.
Trump is standing up to China which no other politician would do. If other presidents had stood up to them, we wouldn’t be in this mess now. Trumps strategy is a long term negotiation and I’m willing to give him a shot at it.
Tax cuts have NOT exploded the deficit. The government is collecting more revenue than ever before. The uncontrolled spending is exploding the deficit.