House expected to Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Yes, and most people on this board only surround themselves with Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Breitbart, etc. ensuring the only time they hear about WP, MSNBC, CNN, etc is when they screw up on a story. To most people on this board liberal media exists entirely outside the bubble they've built around themselves. It's only there as a caricature for them to vilify.

I'm not saying there isn't a liberal media conglomerate as well. I'm just saying to argue that half the country is being fed a sole narrative by their liberal media bubble while they themselves are surrounded by their own conservative media bubble looks a little like tossing stones while living in glass houses.
There's a difference between the liberal media bubble and conservative media bubble though. Are there conservative networks out there? Yeah, but one typically has to go out and look for them (sans Fox News). The people that are just catching news that pops up on their tvs or google newsfeed aren't typically seeing those. They're much more likely to be seeing CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc on a daily basis. Those "left" outlets have way more exposure to the general public that isn't fully invested in politics and isn't out there researching political matters. They're just going to catch the headlines that they see casually during their day and that's the source of their news.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
There's a difference between the liberal media bubble and conservative media bubble though. Are there conservative networks out there? Yeah, but one typically has to go out and look for them (sans Fox News). The people that are just catching news that pops up on their tvs or google newsfeed aren't typically seeing those. They're much more likely to be seeing CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc on a daily basis. Those "left" outlets have way more exposure to the general public that isn't fully invested in politics and isn't out there researching political matters. They're just going to catch the headlines that they see casually during their day and that's the source of their news.
In this day and age..you MUST expose yourself to all media to try to weed out the truth unfortunately.

My mother in law who was once a die hard Republican turned Never Trumper won't even stay in the room when I turn on OAN or Fox News now and hides in her room to exclusively watch MSNBC. I have to spend time to her explaining that what MSNBC told her wasn't as bad as they had made it to be or what they missed etc

I won't allow myself to spend an hour watching MSNBC without comparing their narrative to CNN and Fox News or visa versa. Often I flip between the channels to catch the narrative on topics over a span of 1-2 hours to see how each one frames it and spins it.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
In this day and age..you MUST expose yourself to all media to try to weed out the truth unfortunately.

My mother in law who was once a die hard Republican turned Never Trumper won't even stay in the room when I turn on OAN or Fox News now.

I won't allow myself to spend an hour watching MSNBC without comparing their narrative to CNN and Fox News. Often I flip between the channels to catch the narrative on topics over a span of 1-2 hours to see how each one frames it and spins it.
I admit I don't weed things out as good as I should. I generally just check out what's in my google newsfeed but before I actually delve down the rabbit hole on a headline I look at what sources are all linked. If all the links are on one side or the other I generally scroll on to something else. If it looks like there's a decent mix of sources then I give it a look. If Vox or Salon is linked?.. I'm GONE. lol

Oct 7, 2008
I admit I don't weed things out as good as I should. I generally just check out what's in my google newsfeed but before I actually delve down the rabbit hole on a headline I look at what sources are all linked. If all the links are on one side or the other I generally scroll on to something else. If it looks like there's a decent mix of sources then I give it a look. If Vox or Salon is linked?.. I'm GONE. lol
I definitely started paying more attention to sources in the last few years, try to be more skeptical of news, and especially try not to react instantly to anything.

Side note: I've got friends that rail against Fox News and then post links to HuffPo and Vox with zero self-awareness...

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Rep Mark Meadows who is a staunch Trump supporter is now throwing Rudy G under the bus. Saying basically that Trump didn't direct Rudy to do anything on Ukraine and Rudy went rogue and did it all on his own. Say Trump wasn't aware of what Rudy was doing.

Cept in the memo of the call released Trump specifically told the Ukraine president to work directly with Rudy G.
He never told the guy to work with Rudy, the Ukraine president bright him up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'll spin it the way I spin everything Trump related. If he's guilty of something significant bounce him out on his ass. If he's not let him do his job. If others have done something similar they should be investigated as vigorously.

I don't have the patience to stick with this whole story but that Schiff made up transcript did not help the Democrat's cause. If it's so bad just read the details, don't make stuff up.
Schiff made a major strategic blunder when he over dramatized Trump’s Memo. It was an unforced error that gave Trump and his allies a stump to stand on. It is a complete lie that he made up the transcript ahead of the release as Trump has said.

But let’s not that get in the way of the fact that Trump committed bribery in an attempt to extort a foreign government into investigating a political rival. Any of which are impeachable offenses among others that Trump should be investigated for.
Wait, so extortion and bribery by themselves are impeachable/illegal, but the only difference between what Biden did and what Trump did was the reasoning? So Biden shouldn't be President because he's a criminal? Honestly I don't think any of it was illegal and the aid wasn't for Biden info, it was too look into the supposed election interference.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
He never told the guy to work with Rudy, the Ukraine president bright him up.

Fair point but Trump DID tell Zelensky to work with Rudy

Trump also said today he has been asked by the Dems to release the transcript of another call they had in April and said he is considering doing it

Rudy is being set up as a fall guy for Trump and some Republicans started getting on that bandwagon today

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I really feel sorry for people who believe in a draft dodging, serial adulterer and serial con artist (just admitted to running a scam foundation for which he paid a $2MM settlement and is banned from running a foundation) over veterans who have put their lives on the line for our country and have sworn under oath that the president committed bribery in an extortion attempt. But I feel more sorry for our country. It’s not being done in secret. There are over a thousand pages of sworn testimony in the public. Not one R who has been in the hearings has contradicted the released testimony. Turn off Fox or Limbaugh and read the transcripts for yourself.
Ok I did read the actual transcript of the call in question (the call is what’s in question) and it most certainly was a attempt to get back at dems for their attempt to create a false narrative about outside powers causing election results in the 2016 election PLUS a request of an investigation of a former VP and his sons corruption in their country. Maybe even in a repeated threatened withholding of US funds just like Biden did for his son. Certainly this has also killed or will kill Biden’s campaign as evidenced by new likely candidate Bloomberg. I would not have done it nor advised it as Biden's not electable anyway, but Trump believes in revenge. I don’t. Btw, I watched msnbc, cnn and others on the night of the election (I also watch to get balance at times) and it was humorous but mostly sad that so many people have so much tied up in who is President when it all ebbs and flows over time. Folks need to relax and realize that neither this ahole or the last one is going to end the republic as we know it...but we the people could do it ourselves by attempting to overturn elections every time it doesn't go our way. Just remember "We didn't start the fire..." it will still be burning as the world keeps turning.

Last edited:

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Schiff made a major strategic blunder when he over dramatized Trump’s Memo. It was an unforced error that gave Trump and his allies a stump to stand on. It is a complete lie that he made up the transcript ahead of the release as Trump has said.

But let’s not that get in the way of the fact that Trump committed bribery in an attempt to extort a foreign government into investigating a political rival. Any of which are impeachable offenses among others that Trump should be investigated for.
A couple of things about that. If the press did their job we wouldn't have to ask someone else to find dirt on politicians.

Don't have dirt and you have nothing to be afraid of.

Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
Why the multiple Coup attempts? What is establishment afraid of? What’s the deal with politicians becoming wealthy, why open borders, why China, Epstein, Clinton Founation, Soros, Prince Andrew, no media curiosity. Free speech a problem, nothing to see here.

Dec 9, 2013
Well I’m not convinced. He’s a scumbag but he is a pro American one. I’d take that anyday over the crap the other side is spewing.
I’m not trying to be critical of you but please help me understand this. We agree that he’s a scumbag but I just don’t see where he is pro American. I want an honest conversation about this and will keep my smartass comments to myself so please tell me what policies he has that lead to this conclusion.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I guess just Trump since he’s the one who admitted to running a scam foundation, paid a $2MM settlement and is banned along w his family from operating a charitable foundation.

Also Trump since he released a memo where he demonstrated that he engaged in bribery in an attempt to extort a foreign government to investigate a US citizen and political rival. And said memo has been backed up by 2 US vets, a Trump appointee who gave a $1MM to Trump’s inauguration and an aide to VP.

But you guys can go ahead and cling to emails again. If she lied under oath about them & it can be proven then charge her.
lol. Lmmfao. It's not emails

Dec 9, 2013
A couple of things about that. If the press did their job we wouldn't have to ask someone else to find dirt on politicians.

Don't have dirt and you have nothing to be afraid of.
Exactly. Don’t want to be impeached, then don’t commit bribery in an attempt to extort a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political rival.

And why didn’t any legitimate conservative outlet push a republican controlled house or senate to investigate what Biden did? Why didn’t Trump use the St Dept or DoJ to push Ukraine? Why did he tell the Pres of Ukraine to work w Rudy who was a cut out for Lev and Igor?

Since this is allegedly about Hunter sitting on a natgas co board have you ever looked at the natgas climate in Ukraine?