House expected to Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2008
You literally just ignored everything in my post and then responded with four articles... that... are... supposed to be evidence the story I didn't refute is true? I'm not sure what the point is you're trying to make? Are you trying to give me a lesson in how not to debate? I know one of the rules is don't go after your opponent's weakest point but rather their strongest. You chose to debate none of my points. Is your strategy here simply to confuse your opponent? In that case two points to you, sir.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
You literally just ignored everything in my post and then responded with four articles... that... are... supposed to be evidence the story I didn't refute is true? I'm not sure what the point is you're trying to make? Are you trying to give me a lesson in how not to debate? I know one of the rules is don't go after your opponent's weakest point but rather their strongest. You chose to debate none of my points. Is your strategy here simply to confuse your opponent? In that case two points to you, sir.
That was a response to the snarky "Haha, classic Fox News" comment. Just so you know it wasn't only Fox who put it out. I don't necessarily (if ever) look at who reports on something I post.

Maybe you should take a cold shower before such an intimate response to a Fox article. <eyerollmode>

Dec 9, 2013
The most economically successful president of all time? Well, maybe on Wall St., but not on Main St. In Stillwater, Famous Footwear is yet another store getting ready to close. Blame it on Amazon, not Trump, if you want. At least around 3 dozen medical marijuana stores in Stillwater are helping a lot to fill store vacancies and create new jobs.

I thought conservatives hate bailouts. Anyway, hopefully, Trump's $16 billion bail out for farmers works to help prevent a recession, unlike Bush's economic stimulus checks.

Be careful of when you count your eggs before they are hatched. Under Bush II the unemployment rate also got down close to 3.5%. However, when Bush II left office, the Dow was down 26.5 from where he found it in 2001..
Get your facts straight. It’s not $16B. It’s $28B.
I don't need to reconcile anything. Employment numbers, the multiple regulations cut by trump, GDP (I know Obama had a few good quarters), welfare reduction, consistent high jobs numbers, and manufacturing upticks reconcile my position. All this and Obama enjoyed the lowest interest rates the last 50yrs while trump deals with a fed regularly raising rates. If you have an IRA that should speak for itself. If your's hasn't benefited greatly you need to fire your FA.

I understand the first 32mths of Trump don't exceed the entirety of Obama's term in office. I just disagree that Obama had much to do with the recovery of the economic disaster he inherited. I'm convinced it would have recovered irrespective of who was in office at the time of the fall. @John C would be a good final word on this since I'm just telling you what I think and he can elaborate from the higher ground of an Economics Professor. If I'm wrong I have no problem taking my medicine. If I'm right, I have no problem administering some. ;)
Not what I asked. Job creation during the last 32 months of Obama exceed job creation during the 1st 32 months of Trump. Both are a 32 month comparison. And it’s a contiguous 64 month period.

Who do we believe the whistle blowers or the transcript of the conversation. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
It is not a transcript. The actual document states that it is a Memorandum and the 1st page even has a footnote that cautions it is not verbatim. In addition the memo only reads out to a little over 10 minutes and the actual conversation was over 30. But we do have it on record there was translation so that could be the difference.

And Trump’s own ICIG & DNI found the 1st WB credible.

Let’s actually see the official readout and get everyone involved to testify under oath then we can see what the truth is.

Dec 9, 2013
I don't need to reconcile anything. Employment numbers, the multiple regulations cut by trump, GDP (I know Obama had a few good quarters), welfare reduction, consistent high jobs numbers, and manufacturing upticks reconcile my position. All this and Obama enjoyed the lowest interest rates the last 50yrs while trump deals with a fed regularly raising rates. If you have an IRA that should speak for itself. If your's hasn't benefited greatly you need to fire your FA.

I understand the first 32mths of Trump don't exceed the entirety of Obama's term in office. I just disagree that Obama had much to do with the recovery of the economic disaster he inherited. I'm convinced it would have recovered irrespective of who was in office at the time of the fall. @John C would be a good final word on this since I'm just telling you what I think and he can elaborate from the higher ground of an Economics Professor. If I'm wrong I have no problem taking my medicine. If I'm right, I have no problem administering some. ;)
You state in part that consistent high jobs reconcile your position yet in a 64 month contiguous period Obama’s economy created more jobs in the 32 months preceding the first 32 months of Trump. Not Obama’s 8 yrs vs Trump’s 2.5.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

You state in part that consistent high jobs reconcile your position yet in a 64 month contiguous period Obama’s economy created more jobs in the 32 months preceding the first 32 months of Trump. Not Obama’s 8 yrs vs Trump’s 2.5.
So, is it more difficult to add the first 50 jobs, or the second 50 jobs?

Did Obama actually contribute to the massive job growth in the energy industry, or the huge positive impact to the economy beginning in 2008? Of course not. He did everything in his power to impede energy progress. Thus, please omit these gains when attributing US economic gains to BHO - that is if you want to be fair and taken seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 9, 2013
Total support for inquiry now up to 58% & removal up to 49%.

But biggest danger to his presidency are all of the tax cases making their way through courts. Fed judge yesterday and appeals court all but fast tracked one case. In this one Congress probably can’t grt their hands on the taxes but it signals problems w his defense in the other 2 cases.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011

Thanks for the shout-out, Bleed.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK

But biggest danger to his presidency are all of the tax cases making their way through courts. Fed judge yesterday and appeals court all but fast tracked one case. In this one Congress probably can’t grt their hands on the taxes but it signals problems w his defense in the other 2 cases.
I still don't understand what people hope to find in his taxes.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
I still don't understand what people hope to find in his taxes.
That he made money and took legal deductions. Orange Man bad.

BTW, our tax code is about 75,000 pages long. There’s almost bound to be a violation in there somewhere with regard to his taxes.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

You do realize the only time Trump even sees a tax document is when he’s asked to sign his return(s). He is a partner in over 500 partnerships, each of which has to annually generate a K-1 for his and other partners returns. Trumps tax return and supporting filings is THOUSANDS of pages. He has an army of accountants that work year-round on his taxes. There is literally zero chance the accountants would be complicit in a tax avoidance scheme.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
You do realize the only time Trump even sees a tax document is when he’s asked to sign his return(s). He is a partner in over 500 partnerships, each of which has to annually generate a K-1 for his and other partners returns. Trumps tax return and supporting filings is THOUSANDS of pages. He has an army of accountants that work year-round on his taxes. There is literally zero chance the accountants would be complicit in a tax avoidance scheme.

That may be the whole point. With so many thousands of pages it will be that much harder for the average person to verify whatever scandal the media chooses to create.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver

Enron has full time accountants. There is literally zero chance they would be in on any kind of scheme.<- See how dumb that sounds.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Enron has full time accountants. There is literally zero chance they would be in on any kind of scheme.QUOTE]

Enron’s financial statements were not prepared by outside accountants. Big difference. Further, US tax code is waaaay more cut and dried than GAAP was in 2001.