House expected to Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 9, 2013
You mean direct testimony like this:
View attachment 75261
Who is EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland?
Asked outright, “No one on this planet told you that President Trump was tying aid to investigations. Yes or no?”, he answered, “Yes.”

The followup: “So you really have no testimony today that ties President Trump to a scheme to withhold aid from Ukraine in exchange for these investigations.”

Sondland’s answer: “Other than my own presumption.”

Indeed, when he directly asked Trump what he sought from Ukraine, the president responded: “I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. Tell Zelensky to do the right thing.”

#OrangeManBad
Reading what I actually wrote matters. I specifically said White House visit not aid because the WH won’t release documents or allow testimony from individuals w direct knowledge of why the aid was suspended and why it was released. And stop with the trump quotes and look at the date he said that. Cat was already out of the bag. That’s like the buyer in a drug deal getting busted during the handoff & yelling “I never said I wanted drugs”. I bet the police always let that go.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Trump will in all likelihood be impeached, but he will not be removed. But at the very least he may not ask foreign governments for personal help in his re-election campaign anymore . It will be given without asking from Russia though imo.
So a moral victory for the Dems?

:lol::lol::lol:

Pokey

Banned
Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Thanks for asking...good question.

What I mean by "trampled on by our enemies," is that we tend to let them run us over due to our belief that they just haven't seen the light yet and we need to placate them until they do...we also fall away at aggression due to a desire to be kind and passive in a sense. While you may not agree with this, it's what we often see in Christian Politicians. This need to get along for us and make a good impression for the gospel outweighs policy, and when the other side gets greedy we bend and break (btw, I do this in my personal life as well). So I guess that is how Trump is so different as he is totally unwilling to flitch on policy to get along with others.

I've said several times that I don't like Trump as a person and feel he has done morally wrong things, but I do believe in re-birth...and change and that we are all sinners without redemption being provided by Jesus...SO, some of what Trump said regarding his switch to pro life policy and putting action behind his pro life nominations, won us over. Could he be totally political on getting pro lifers on his side despite his totally selfish inclinations and past horrible behavior? Certainly he could and likely is, but he did put action behind his words with the nominations and with Pence as a running mate to attempt to kind of 'wash away his sins' with us...

To your last point, I don't see it as "sacrificing ones self worth" to vote for one candidate over another...it really was and still is simply the lessor of two evils for us. Sure, we could just refuse to vote and I know several that went that route. I have no issue with them, it's their choice to abstain from the process I was a whisker from that myself. I simply thought that he was a better option than the other coot running with an actual chance of winning (both being coots mind you). Btw, I didn't support him in the primaries as I was 100% behind Dr. Ben Carson. Who is a very good man. Once again, I'm not fooled, but policies that we support are being put first, and that's what we voted for.

Still I credit you as you have indeed pointed out a "riddle inside an enigma wrapped in a mystery. It's a conundrum."
It’s a deal not unlike the pied piper story, I’m positive some good rats were led astray in the process.

Dec 9, 2013
View attachment 75260
The grey areas are recessions. The Federal Reserve pushed short term interest rates to at or near zero and kept them there during O’s terms to keep the economy from cratering. As I predicted on these pages and elsewhere, the Fed would start pushing interest rates higher almost simultaneously with the 2016 election, which they did. Simple math shows us that if the Fed increases interest rates by 2.5 percentage points (see the post Obama peak rate on the chart), that action alone will add $500 billion to the annual deficit.
Honest ? How do you get $500 billion on a 2.5% increase on $1T?

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
It's pretty simple, and I've explained it multiple times. The choice is between Trump, who at least feigns support for evangelicals and is willing to pander to them, even if his life doesn't exactly match up with the values, or an entire population that is openly anti-evangelical and wants to remove all traces of them from public life and blames them for most/all the ills in the world.
View attachment 75245

View attachment 75246

So, which are we, fascists or terrorist?

The left: Both!
What's the excuse for the primaries? He was up against several good, Christian, family men.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It’s a deal not unlike the pied piper story, I’m positive some good rats were led astray in the process.
Well that's why we have elections and checks and balances, to avoid the cliffs. Btw, I agree with you that challenges are good back and forth and "should" keep the powers that be in check in terms of the law(both congress and executive branches). Just didn't think this one that I see done by both parties was a mole hill worth making a mountain out of...BUT, maybe it will prevent Presidents of both parties as you said. Btw, I would vote for someone else if I thought they were better in terms of policy and real conviction. Problem for the R's is we haven't seen both together really strongly since Reagan.

Dec 9, 2013
What's the excuse for the primaries? He was up against several good, Christian, family men.
I’m sure it has nothing to do, for some, except switching your endorsement from Cruz to Trump last minute say if you are the daddy’s boy chosen leader of the most prominent Christian University who just happened to ask Trump’s fixer on getting help with a few not so flattering pictures of you and or your wife and a Miami pool boy. And then bankrolling said pool boy on a hostel friendly to all orientations in the Miami club scene.

Did you mean an excuse like that?

PanhandleCowboy

Point Guard
A/V Subscriber
Jun 22, 2006
Not Close Enough to Stillwater
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fiona-hill-testimony-warning-democrats-231028060.html

Fiona Hill was in some ways an ideal witness for the Democrats in Thursday’s impeachment hearings.

In her opening statement, the former Russia director of the National Security Council warned Republicans: “I refuse to be part of an effort to legitimize an alternate narrative that the Ukrainian government is a U.S. adversary, and that Ukraine — not Russia — attacked us in 2016.” She explained that she had come to learn that Gordon Sondland, the hotelier turned ambassador to the European Union, was “involved in domestic political errands” on behalf of President Donald Trump when it came to his Ukrainian diplomacy. She affirmed that her boss, former National Security Adviser John Bolton, described the schemes of Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani with regard to Ukraine as a “drug deal.”

But Hill also had a warning for Democrats. In response to questions from House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, Hill said: “The Russians’ interest is frankly to delegitimize our entire presidency,” noting that her point would likely resonate with Republicans. “The goal of the Russians was really to put whoever became president, by trying to tip their hands on one side of the scale, under a cloud,” she said. “We need to be very careful as we discuss all of these issues not to give them more fodder than they can use in 2020.”

Democrats have been ignoring this admonishment since 2016. To this day, Hillary Clinton says Trump is an “illegitimate president.” Meanwhile, during the Democratic presidential debate on Wednesday, Andrew Yang was asked what he would say, if elected, to Russian President Vladimir Putin. He responded: “Sorry I beat your guy.” For the #Resistance, it is accepted wisdom that Trump is a Russian asset.

The genesis of the Trump-Russia theory is the so-called Steele dossier, a collection of opposition research compiled by Christopher Steele, a former British spy who oversaw counterintelligence against Russia. It was commissioned by the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign, and one of its most important claims is that Russia fed damaging information about Clinton to the Trump campaign through a low-level aide named Carter Page. No evidence has ever come forward to support this allegation, yet it was echoed and repeated throughout 2017.

Not only did the Steele dossier help the FBI obtain a surveillance warrant against Page. It also helped shape the initial media narrative of the Trump presidency. Schiff himself read some of the dossier into the Congressional Record in 2017.

Fast forward to Thursday. In her testimony, Hill said that she believed the Steele dossier was a “rabbit hole” and that Steele had been “played.” She was more specific in her closed-door deposition in October, when she said she believed the dossier was likely Russian disinformation. “The Russians would have an ax to grind against (Steele) given the job that he had previously,” she said. “If he started going back through his old contacts,” she said, it “would be a perfect opportunity for people to feed some kind of misinformation.”

To be clear, this is speculation — though very well informed speculation. Hill is one of the world’s foremost experts on Russian disinformation. And she came to these judgments before rejoining the government.

That said, if Hill is correct, it’s damning. It would show that, in their zeal to prove a Russian plot to install a stooge as an American president, leading Democrats themselves succumbed to Russian disinformation.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Yes, that is the mindset of the left. They campaign on it.

It is still not a choice, because even if the House somehow impeaches him, there ain't a chance in hell that the Senate is going to convict and remove him... because the House case for impeachment is a sham in the first place. He's despicable, but that doesn't rise to "crimes and misdemeanors".
By this reasoning the right campaigns on calling anyone who doesn't support them Human Scum. Not just a active religious subgroup. The entire opposition.

Dec 9, 2013
Look I’m not naive enough to believe that Ds could have been played. But Trump is not innocent in any of this. His campaign accepted a meeting w Russians in his own Tower and he lied about it on end.

Russia hacked the DNC funneled docs to Wikileaks & Trump and his cronies coordinated w Wikileaks.

Why does he meet w Putin wo any staff or experts and not allow the release of transcripts even redacted for NS implications?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Would you be ok w it? Would you accept your kids doing something illegal and then saying “Well everyone does it”?

I’m not. I don’t care who or which party. Bush wasn’t ok with it. And that meme doesn’t point to jack
First off, I'm not sure if he did anything illegal...Secondly, the other side also did things that are about to come out in the recent probe on 2016 election interference. The problem with this current impeachment hearing is that it's one sided and doesn't tell the whole story at ALL. In fact, when the R's question the witnesses about the whole story they are accused of side tracking the hearings. Well we don't live in a vacuum and Politics isn't one sided in terms of its use of foreign powers in it's political attempts. WE have a LONG history of October surprises that you need to learn about...By both sides and in numerous elections where candidates and presidents went out of their way to make deals with foreign powers and leaders that benefited their campaign and undermined their opponents. This is NOTHING close to new. Btw, would you want to look into former VP Biden and Brisma if you knew his son took a job that netted him 3.2 million for nothing but providing cover for their corruption because he was the VP's son? What if the VP DEMANDED that they fire the investigator formerly looking into it before he released American aid ? It's all a clown show...both sides.