House Cowboys

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stthomas

Greenhorn
Sep 15, 2004
Both of the Oklahoma Sports Talk stations have their own “House Cowboys” they trot out each day to share their thoughts about Gundy and OSU. Be it Sam the Sham or Traber the Ultimate you will get commentary that panders to the OU listeners.

I can at least respect the OU people on these stations in that they will always be circumspect regarding their team’s situation & audience and supportive even when they disagree. Not so the House Cowboys. They will come out “guns” blazing critical and almost hyperbolic.

The more things change the more things stays the same.

Nov 18, 2011
The alternative is to tune into RA and the spin zone and drown yourself in Kool-aid.:koolaid: I turned over to him this morning just because I knew the others would be talking OU/Texas and Mike Stoops all day, and one of the first things I hear him say is he that Corn dogs play on Saturday was exceptional. Really!:confused:! There was one QB that was "Purdy" exceptional and it sure wasn't Cornelius.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The alternative is to tune into RA and the spin zone and drown yourself in Kool-aid.:koolaid: I turned over to him this morning just because I knew the others would be talking OU/Texas and Mike Stoops all day, and one of the first things I hear him say is he that Corn dogs play on Saturday was exceptional. Really!:confused:! There was one QB that was "Purdy" exceptional and it sure wasn't Cornelius.
RA's, well, a special case.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I think it’s time for Hargis and Boone to have another “talk” with Gundy. Tell him they are going to cut his exorbitant salary come next contract if he doesn’t get his crap together

stthomas

Greenhorn
Sep 15, 2004
Both of the Oklahoma Sports Talk stations have their own “House Cowboys” they trot out each day to share their thoughts about Gundy and OSU. Be it Sam the Sham or Traber the Ultimate you will get commentary that panders to the OU listeners.
I can at least respect the OU people on these stations in that they will always be circumspect regarding their team’s situation & audience and supportive even when they disagree. Not so the House Cowboys. They will come out “guns” blazing critical and almost hyperbolic.
The more things change the more things stays the same.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I think it’s time for Hargis and Boone to have another “talk” with Gundy. Tell him they are going to cut his exorbitant salary come next contract if he doesn’t get his crap together
I can't wait for the annual "flirt with a lower-tier SEC school or similar" event that he always puts on. Maybe Missouri? Or Arkansas again? Who knows.

stthomas

Greenhorn
Sep 15, 2004
I can't wait for the annual "flirt with a lower-tier SEC school or similar" event that he always puts on. Maybe Missouri? Or Arkansas again? Who knows.
The point of this post has been missed entirely. which is watch how the supporters of each school in the media handle the results from last weekend. The 2 faux cowboys will be trotted out to say the most negative things about OSU. The other side will watch and listen and our side chases its tail. The OU media folkwill be circumspect about loosing and Mike Stoops. The more things change the more they stay the same. We do it to ourselves.