House Across From Westboro Baptist Is Painted With Gay Pride Rainbow Colors

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeAggie

Assistant to the Moderater
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond
The rainbow.

In the Genesis account, a rainbow appears right after the great worldwide flood brought in order to remove sinful and evil-minded man from the earth. It symbolized God's mercy and the covenant He made with Noah (representing mankind) not to destroy the world in such a way again:
"And God said: 'This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:​
"'I set My RAINBOW in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the RAINBOW shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The RAINBOW shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.' ” (Genesis 9:12-16, NKJV throughout)​
Or, you know, that could just be a story.:rolleyes:

I'm just going to come out and say that if you believe that a 600 year old man squeezed 2 of every animal on a wooden boat he built himself and sailed around the world for over a year, you are in some serious denial. I didn't realize anybody still believed that stuff.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
...said everyone to Galileo when he dared suggest the Earth wasn't the center of the universe.

If history tells us one thing, it's the majority of people are complete idiots. Congratulations on being the majority Ryno.
So.... Christians are complete idiots? I'm not bashing anyone's beliefs or making fun of anyone, I would expect people to do the same. Not sure why I can express that I am a Christian and that is some major issue where people start making insults.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Or, you know, that could just be a story.:rolleyes:

I'm just going to come out and say that if you believe that a 600 year old man squeezed 2 of every animal on a wooden boat he built himself and sailed around the world for over a year, you are in some serious denial. I didn't realize anybody still believed that stuff.
Billions of people believe these things OA. There has been arguments that it's impossible and arguments that it is possible. Just try and not insult the largest religious group in the world.

kulanapan

Territorial Marshal
Nov 27, 2012
Dallas
cafehayek.com
That's sorta what I said with my post about my mixing of Christianity and Science. The bible can be interpreted in many ways. But for someone to just blow it off saying acting like it's impossible, I replied by saying that anything is possible through God/Christ. I feel that and believe that.
And there are those that feel that a God who would whimsically violate the strict natural laws that government the workings of the universe, laws that HE created, would be an irrational God. And most hold the premise that God is a rational being. Otherwise, He would have no reason to favor "good" over "evil," nor would those distinctions even exist.

OrangeAggie

A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond
So.... Christians are complete idiots? I'm not bashing anyone's beliefs or making fun of anyone, I would expect people to do the same. Not sure why I can express that I am a Christian and that is some major issue where people start making insults.
I've never met an adult Christian who really takes the story of Noah's Ark literally. So no, I don't think Christians as a whole are idiots.

That would be like saying everyone from Tishomingo are idiots just because you're an idiot.

OrangeAggie

A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond
Billions of people believe these things OA. There has been arguments that it's impossible and arguments that it is possible. Just try and not insult the largest religious group in the world.
No, there have been people who claim it was possible, and there have been people who proved it was impossible.

And quit using the bandwagon fallacy to support your argument. The majority of the world used to believe the stars were gods, and that lightning came from Zeus, and that the world was flat, and that being black/gay/a woman makes you a lesser human (wishful thinking on the last one).

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I've never met an adult Christian who really takes the story of Noah's Ark literally. So no, I don't think Christians as a whole are idiots.

That would be like saying everyone from Tishomingo are idiots just because you're an idiot.

Did I say that I took it literally? Where, in ANY of my posts, did I say I took the story of the Ark literally? And you're calling ME an idiot?

Pot, kettle, black.... OrangeAggie.

OrangeAggie

A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond
Did I say that I took it literally? Where, in ANY of my posts, did I say I took the story of the Ark literally? And you're calling ME an idiot?
Uh, how about right here:
I'm not going to argue the 'science' of the bible and how some things seem impossible... but when you have the power of the Lord behind things, it is possible.

I am a person of faith, but also of science (example, I believe that God created the world in 7 of 'his' days which could mean 2 billion years. I also believe in evolution). That said, there are some amazing things that God/Jesus did and just because people who are atheists put up an image with numbers, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

God parted the Red Sea, he's saved people from burning in fire, etc. All things are possible through Christ.
And again right here:
That's sorta what I said with my post about my mixing of Christianity and Science. The bible can be interpreted in many ways. But for someone to just blow it off saying acting like it's impossible, I replied by saying that anything is possible through God/Christ. I feel that and believe that.
Now you're going to come back and say that the story of the Ark ISN'T possible?

:facepalm:

Pot, kettle, black.... OrangeAggie.
Yeah...I don't think you actually know what that means.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Uh, how about right here:

And again right here:

Now you're going to come back and say that the story of the Ark ISN'T possible?

:facepalm:

Yeah...I don't think you actually know what that means.

This is what you said "I've never met an adult Christian who really takes the story of Noah's Ark literally."

In every post of mine, you just took the time of putting up, there isn't one where I said I took the story "literally". Again, I NEVER SAID I took the story and believed it literally. I did say that I twist science and Christianity and that anything is possible through God.

That's what I said. Don't put words in my mouth.

Anyway, since you are clearly another one of the OP jerks, I know you'll care less that you are now on my ignore list... (an elite list of 3-4, so congrats). Reply all you like, I won't be reading them. Take care.

kulanapan

Territorial Marshal
Nov 27, 2012
Dallas
cafehayek.com
This is what you said "I've never met an adult Christian who really takes the story of Noah's Ark literally."

In every post of mine, you just took the time of putting up, there isn't one where I said I took the story "literally". Again, I NEVER SAID I took the story and believed it literally. I did say that I twist science and Christianity and that anything is possible through God.

Anyway, since you are clearly another one of the OP jerks, I know you'll care less that you are now on my ignore list... (an elite list of 3-4, so congrats). Reply all you like, I won't be reading them. Take care.
Why use something you think only figuratively happened, as evidence that anything is physically possible? That doesn't hold up.

Jan 11, 2013
Toluca Lake California

When politics & especially religion are discussed on a forum strong opinions should be welcome & encouraged. I've been on and taken both sides of the stick & gain equally from both. If all we had on this forum was a 24/7 high five all agree pep rally I'd be looking for something a little more interesting, insightful & thought provoking.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
When politics & especially religion are discussed on a forum strong opinions should be welcome & encouraged. I've been on and taken both sides of the stick & gain equally from both. If all we had on this forum was a 24/7 high five all agree pep rally I'd be looking for something a little more interesting, insightful & thought provoking.
I completely agree, but when people start the personal insults it doesn't take on the interesting, insightful, thought provoking discussion(s) anymore. There are some that simply can't help it; it's in their nature.

t1m0thy

Walker told me I have AIDS
Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
Don't worry OrangeAggie lots of people resort to playing the victim and putting people on ignore when they don't have the ability to have a rational argument. It's not your fault. I do not think you are a jerk.

kulanapan

Territorial Marshal
Nov 27, 2012
Dallas
cafehayek.com
Don't worry OrangeAggie lots of people resort to playing the victim and putting people on ignore when they don't have the ability to have a rational argument. It's not your fault. I do not think you are a jerk.

There are also people whose arguments may be rational, to a degree, but are so full of condescension and character attacks that the point is lost.

If people could just argue the points instead of the person, the world would be a better place.

zachya

Hero of Spielburg
A/V Subscriber
Dec 14, 2004
Home
...hey, can we get past the religious talk here and get back to talking about how god-awful that rainbow house looks?...