Horn's recruiting

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Anyone else get a chuckle out of yesterday's story on ESPN about Herman complaining how hard recruiting is now that opposing coaches are using a rumor with recruits that Herman is out and Myers is in at Austin at the end of the year ?

Herman complains that it is hurting his recruiting . . . LMAO !!!!

If recruits thought that Herman was out and Myers was in then Herman would have the easiest recruiting job in the world this year !!!!!

Nov 6, 2010
Anyone else get a chuckle out of yesterday's story on ESPN about Herman complaining how hard recruiting is now that opposing coaches are using a rumor with recruits that Herman is out and Myers is in at Austin at the end of the year ?

Herman complains that it is hurting his recruiting . . . LMAO !!!!

If recruits thought that Herman was out and Myers was in then Herman would have the easiest recruiting job in the world this year !!!!!
Any coach at UT complaining about difficult recruiting is a major LOL, whatever excuse they give.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Herman should still be in high spirits after we literally gifted his team that win against us. Your potential firing would be much more than just a rumor otherwise....Herman can shove it. Part of me hopes Texas keeps him, better for OSU, but he's just such an unlikable person that I couldn't get upset if he was let go.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Did Urban Meyer leave Ohio St on his own or was he urged to retire? If he left on his own, he should just stay retired. Meyer at UT would be like Saban at Bama.
Meyer is a proven quitter and leaves a mess when he does. Both Charlie Strong and Tom Herman are part of his coaching tree, incidentally. He's no Saban.
Um he wins NCAA championships everywhere he goes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
Um he wins NCAA everywhere he goes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yea, and it's pretty common for these high profile coaches to bolt when they see trouble on the horizon. When Fisher left Florida State for aTm, it seemed like a head scratcher, but I guarantee he know they had missed on recruiting evals for a couple of QB's and other key positions, so he bolted to save his own rep.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Watching the OU/tx game he said tx has 53/85 four or five stars athletes on their roster. No sympathy for Herman.
5* in high school but not in college.

One have character, attitude to work hard in meeting the expectations and the criteria at the next level.

I still remember the LB coach Reggie Herring scolded Hart Lee Dykes for his mediocre efforts during an evening scrimmage in his freshman year. " Get him some testosterone! "