Homecoming kickoff time 7:00 ABC

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I’m curious how quick and loud the boo birds get when we perform how we have the last 3 games. I am actually more excited about the potential for boo mania raining down on MG than the actual game...sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand fans booing their own team. If you want to send a message, stay home. Don't actively tell the players during the game that you think they suck. Even if you just mean it toward Gundy, it comes across that you're booing the whole team. It's like flipping off a large group of people. You may have meant it for only one of them, but it sure looks like you're saying f*** you to the whole group. The players aren't any happier about losing than you are either. If you show up to the game, your job is to do what you can to help the team. The only exception is maybe when we punt or kick field goals on fourth and short.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand fans booing their own team. If you want to send a message, stay home. Don't actively tell the players during the game that you think they suck. Even if you just mean it toward Gundy, it comes across that you're booing the whole team. It's like flipping off a large group of people. You may have meant it for only one of them, but it sure looks like you're saying f*** you to the whole group. The players aren't any happier about losing than you are either. If you show up to the game, your job is to do what you can to help the team. The only exception is maybe when we punt or kick field goals on fourth and short.
I don't know if I can completely agree with that. Usually, when I've witnessed booing one's own team, it's booing the *play calling*. I think that's why people were so angry with the Tech game, with the dumb run plays they kept calling, that weren't working.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I don't know if I can completely agree with that. Usually, when I've witnessed booing one's own team, it's booing the *play calling*. I think that's why people were so angry with the Tech game, with the dumb run plays they kept calling, that weren't working.
I agree. I feel like when the crowd boo's after what we feel is a dumb play call, the team kinda knows that it's not directed at them. I'm sure they're just as frustrated as WE are with some of the play calls. Now, if the boo's come after someone under or overthrows an open receiver by 5 yards then yeah, they probably know it's directed at them in that case...

Mar 31, 2011
Cowboys win convincingly. It's a zany season, so I think Justice Hill will have a huge day, and Corndog may even bounce back (can you bounce back if you never bounced the first time?) and make some timely and accurate throws for long touchdowns. Gundy out-coaches Herman and people, at least for one week, stop begging for him and Yurcich to be fired.

Let's do this, Cowboys!

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Cowboys win convincingly. It's a zany season, so I think Justice Hill will have a huge day, and Corndog may even bounce back (can you bounce back if you never bounced the first time?) and make some timely and accurate throws for long touchdowns. Gundy out-coaches Herman and people, at least for one week, stop begging for him and Yurcich to be fired.

Let's do this, Cowboys!
Does that blind optimism hurt more when we lose or just keep carrying on? I'm curious because your fantasy world of sports fandom seems much happier than mine.

Mar 31, 2011
Does that blind optimism hurt more when we lose or just keep carrying on? I'm curious because your fantasy world of sports fandom seems much happier than mine.
I actually never let a win or loss affect my disposition too much. I used to when I was young, but these days I'm just too pragmatic, for better or worse. That's why I have a hard time relating to all of the posts on here fueled by emotions, I just don't get that wrapped up any more.

That said, I wouldn't normally be so optimistic when the Cowboys are putting what is probably their worst offense in a decade on the field...but I like this matchup and I'm still not sold on Texas.

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I actually never let a win or loss affect my disposition too much. I used to when I was young, but these days I'm just too pragmatic, for better or worse. That's why I have a hard time relating to all of the posts on here fueled my emotions, I just don't get that wrapped up any more.

That said, I wouldn't normally be so optimistic when the Cowboys are putting what is probably their worst offense in a decade on the field...but I like this matchup and I'm still not sold on Texas.
You don't let your emotions get overtaken by the success or failure of kids who mostly cant even legally drink yet? Didn't you know college football is life and death serious?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...shooting-over-alabama-loss-to-auburn/3819905/

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I actually never let a win or loss affect my disposition too much. I used to when I was young, but these days I'm just too pragmatic, for better or worse. That's why I have a hard time relating to all of the posts on here fueled my emotions, I just don't get that wrapped up any more.

So you don't take into consideration the big-picture effects a great football program can have on the school as a whole? Nice. Duly noted.

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
So you don't take into consideration the big-picture effects a great football program can have on the school as a whole? Nice. Duly noted.
right, b/c your incessant complaining on an anonymous message board is going to make all the difference in the world, "big picture" wise...... LOL. here's a thought, spend some of your mom and dad's hard earned cash on OSU football. that will go a lot further in your quest for a great football program, than being a fake tough guy on op.com.........

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
There may be some effects, but they're fairly limited. Alabama isn't exactly skyrocketing up any lists of academic achievement or research output. Because of our football improvement, we have some potentially higher enrollment and that's about it. I know I'm not the only on here for whom football or other sports made zero difference in me choosing OSU. Any single win, loss, or football season doesn't produce any effect on the value of the degrees on my wall.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
You're inferring too much then. I doubt there's very many people on here that allow OSU losing a football game to ruin their day. I might be pissed off for 5 minutes after the game is over, but after that, I have moved on. Even if we had a blueblood program I would have the same reaction. I would rather duck hunt than watch football, and that is exactly what I do when the season is open.

It is possible to be dissatisfied with the football program/coach/team/whatever, and still live life the same as usual. I could be wrong, but I think you're subtly using it as a way to insult/troll people that you don't agree with.

Mar 31, 2011
I'm not sure how you took what I said and construed it to mean that? Sports can have tremendous impacts on schools, sure, I don't disagree with that.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder

Let's do this, Cowboys!
You must have a medical prescription for some really good shit.

Nov 25, 2009
Weatherford, OK
I’m curious how quick and loud the boo birds get when we perform how we have the last 3 games. I am actually more excited about the potential for boo mania raining down on MG than the actual game...sad.

If Gundy keeps rolling out the same product we’ve seen the last 3 games then he deserves it and I’m 100% sure the players will know it’s aimed at MG and the coaching staff. I’d much rather hear the crowd roar when MG puts in a different QB but we all know that won’t happen.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
If Gundy keeps rolling out the same product we’ve seen the last 3 games then he deserves it and I’m 100% sure the players will know it’s aimed at MG and the coaching staff. I’d much rather hear the crowd roar when MG puts in a different QB but we all know that won’t happen.

Except for the ones who support their coach and think they just need to play better to keep the fans from booing (ya know, like the Oline probably feels right now, especially after film days). Even your statement suggests you're booing TC, a college kid who honestly looks like he's giving it everything he's got for the team you support, but he's coming up short. It's not like he probably has family in attendance who see the crowd looking like they're booing their kid. Just my opinion, but if you want to send a message, stay home.