Homecoming Hotels

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
I am booking my trip for Homecoming, and I am baffled that no hotels appear to have vacancies this far out. I usually crash with my buddy, but he is planning on moving, so I do not think he will be there this year and want to book a room just in case.

Are these hotels really booked already? Or are they blocking these off and I have to call to reserve? Any tips here?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I am booking my trip for Homecoming, and I am baffled that no hotels appear to have vacancies this far out. I usually crash with my buddy, but he is planning on moving, so I do not think he will be there this year and want to book a room just in case.

Are these hotels really booked already? Or are they blocking these off and I have to call to reserve? Any tips here?
It is homecoming. Those are booked years in advance. You can call, but you may need to go to perry or guthrie.

Mfa6677

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jan 15, 2016
Kansas

If you are just now booking you might as well plan on finding someone’s couch on air bnb

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This has been an issue for over 20 years...the more hotels we build in Stillwater it never seems to meet demand for Homecoming...or most other gamedays for that matter. Nice to know that we have something so special that folks are willing to book so far in advance each year. Go Pokes!

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn in Perry most of the times I've gone up for games due to not planning in advance. Damn last minute free tickets! I got lucky this year and, apparently I left my phone number with the Microtel and asked them to call me if they had any cancellations for HC. And they actually did! So you're probably screwed for this year unless you happen to get lucky. Call several hotels every week from now until HC and you might get lucky. You might even stumble on an employee willing to take down your number and call you if they have a cancellation.