Holder wants recruiting to improve

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Make that 4 OL commits in 6 days.

Taylor Miterko
3*

Other offers:
Nebraska, Oregon, TCU, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Washington, Washington State, Virginia, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Cal, Boise, Baylor, Arizona State, Colorado, Colorado State, Rice, and Texas State.

Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Pokes 2019 class is currently ranked 25th ..good for 4th in the Big 12.

OU: 3rd
Texas: 13th
TCU: 23rd
OSU: 25th
Iowa State: 34th
Texas Tech: 36th
Baylor: 41st
WVU: 71st
K-State: 75th
Kansas: 103rd

Feb 18, 2009
All joking aside, Holder isn’t wrong in what he said, the method wasn’t brilliant but he’s not wrong.

There is one game every November where I’d like better players on the field too. Only way I can see us being able to overcome the mental block from the sideline during that particular match up. We have to field a better squad because the strategy from the headsets seems to be ‘just
to keep it respectable’ that week.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Landing these guys would solidly put OSU in the top 25.
Since you mentioned the No. 25, thought I'd share from Mark Cooper's report on Taylor Miterko, the latest Oklahoma State commit...

His commitment pushes OSU's 2019 class up to 25th nationally, and it adds to an impressive recruiting cycle for Henson.

Last year, he signed five high school linemen, including three in-state (Bixby's Bryce Bray, Tuttle's Hunter Anthony and Sulphur's Jacob Farrell).

Once again, he has built a strong group as he tries to bring stability back to OSU's offensive line.
Link

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
All joking aside, Holder isn’t wrong in what he said, the method wasn’t brilliant but he’s not wrong.

There is one game every November where I’d like better players on the field too. Only way I can see us being able to overcome the mental block from the sideline during that particular match up. We have to field a better squad because the strategy from the headsets seems to be ‘just
to keep it respectable’ that week.
anytime an AD opens his mouth publicly and talks shit on the Head Football coach, it's a bad look nationally, locally, you name it. Holder is an idiot when it comes to PR

Aug 21, 2009
Edmond
anytime an AD opens his mouth publicly and talks shit on the Head Football coach, it's a bad look nationally, locally, you name it. Holder is an idiot when it comes to PR
nobody outside this forum talked about this for more than a day or two... it's a big deal here and nowhere else.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
nobody outside this forum talked about this for more than a day or two... it's a big deal here and nowhere else.
I had several people here in Dallas ask me about it ...... it was all over ESPN. ..... not good!

EDIT: .... just wait until the classes are ranked, it will be brought up again over and over!

Last edited:

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Since you mentioned the No. 25, thought I'd share from Mark Cooper's report on Taylor Miterko, the latest Oklahoma State commit...

Link
I like what Henson has done in his short time here. We're stacked with depth in the OL position for the future.

Our #25 rank is due to the quantity of recruits currently, it'll drop as teams collect more recruits. But, as I mentioned before, the big targets left are Houston, Collin Clay and Barlow. I think Dax is going to Bama or tOSU, but there's still a small chance he goes here. Dax would make this class the best class in years.

Houston
Clay
Barlow
Enoch Jackson
Carl Williams (Lufkin)

All have a good chance of ending up a Cowboy!

PanhandleCowboy

Point Guard
A/V Subscriber
Jun 22, 2006
Not Close Enough to Stillwater
I like what Henson has done in his short time here. We're stacked with depth in the OL position for the future.

Our #25 rank is due to the quantity of recruits currently, it'll drop as teams collect more recruits. But, as I mentioned before, the big targets left are Houston, Collin Clay and Barlow. I think Dax is going to Bama or tOSU, but there's still a small chance he goes here. Dax would make this class the best class in years.

Houston
Clay
Barlow
Enoch Jackson
Carl Williams (Lufkin)

All have a good chance of ending up a Cowboy!
This is true. Here is where OSU stands in the Big 12 based on quality of commits (according to 247):

1 Texas 92.37 (10 commits)
2 Oklahoma 92.14 (13 commits)
3 Kansas 93.12 (1 commit)
4 TCU 86.38 (14 commits)
5 Baylor 86.18 (9 commits)
6 Iowa State 85.24 (11 commits)
7 Texas Tech 85.14 (11 commits)
8 Kansas State 84.55 (4 commits)
9 Oklahoma State 84.52 (15 commits)
10 West Virginia 83.41 (5 commits)

Kansas and Kansas State will more than likely drop below OSU as they get more recruits. OSU is however ranked below every team that has a larger number of commits. OSU's score is brought down by the commitment of the punter. If you take him out, the score goes to 84.91. That score is still below all of those schools.

JimmytheGreek

Banned
Banned
Sep 20, 2017
Texas
i don't care who talked about it and where.......... it's a very bad look............ it's embarrassing
So is running the ball/clock out right before halftime after a great return to midfield with a timeout on the road vs your biggest rival on national TV in a top 10 match up.

Mar 8, 2010
Holder talked Boone into giving an insane amount of money. Boone did so on the contingency that he gets to try to grow it. It bit us in the *** but Boone wrote another big fat check to right the ship.

If I give you 165,000,000 then turn around and lose a chunk of it through bad investments how mad can you be?

I'll just leave you with this:
View attachment 61925
Wow! Look how far we've come thanks to the Holder/Boone friendship. Can't believe nobody wore orange back in those days!

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Any time a head coach decides to cower to a rival...it’ idiotic. Any coach who plays conservative when you are clearly out matched is equally idiotic

OSTATE

Greenhorn
Feb 12, 2007
Holder needs to STFU and if he has something to say he needs to say it to Gundy privately and not put it out for the world to see. How do you think this makes our current commits feel? It definitely gives out the wrong impression and makes Gundy's job tougher.

Nov 6, 2010
I had several people here in Dallas ask me about it ...... it was all over ESPN. ..... not good!

EDIT: .... just wait until the classes are ranked, it will be brought up again over and over!
LOL, they're talking OSU in Dallas and all over ESPN. No such thing as bad press.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
The story that won’t die. Not a big deal except for the press. We need better players or better coaches to move to the next level. Show me a team that has made it to the promised land without top recruiting class.

Last edited:

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The story that won’t die. Not a big deal except for the press. We need better players or better coaches to move to the next level. Show me a team that has made it to the promised land without top recruiting classes.
A rolling eye emoji is pretty serious business.