Hill to the Ravens

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Not right. If you insist on using work analogies, it’s like telling your boss, I’m quitting in 7 weeks but I’m not working the last 7 weeks. Your problem boss, not mine cause I don’t care how bad my lack of contribution hurts the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, if you’re going to use work analogies he should not have been working and collecting workers comp.
Then he would be guilty of fraud for skipping 3 games.

It stings sometimes when you don’t understand where you’re going.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Then he would be guilty of fraud for skipping 3 games.

It stings sometimes when you don’t understand where you’re going.

So you are saying he faked his injuries?
That is just a pathetically butthurt position to take.
He was cleared to play for WVU and TCU. He didn’t play. He quit on the team.

But in your scenario, if he claimed workers comp, it would be fraud because he could work.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
He was cleared to play for WVU and TCU. He didn’t play. He quit on the team.

But in your scenario, if he claimed workers comp, it would be fraud because he could work.

Even though it is the DOK, I put more stock in it than your misplaced feelings.

OSU football: RB Justice Hill out vs. TCU
Nathan Ruiz
by NATHAN RUIZ
Published: Sat, November 24, 2018 6:15 PM Updated: Sat, November 24, 2018 6:26 PM
shares

email

FORT WORTH, Texas — Oklahoma State running back Justice Hill is not expected to play in Saturday’s regular-season finale against TCU.

Hill, a junior who leads OSU with 930 rushing yards, did not travel with the Cowboys to Fort Worth. He suffered a rib injury against Baylor, aggravated it against Oklahoma and did not play last week against West Virginia.

In his stead, redshirt freshman Chuba Hubbard has rushed for at least 100 yards in the past two games. The Cowboys’ only other scholarship running backs available are redshirt sophomore LD Brown and freshman Jahmyl Jeter, who has yet to play this season. Sophomore J.D. King announced earlier this week he intends to transfer from OSU.

Hill’s status for the Cowboys’ upcoming bowl game is also undetermined. Hill, who did not participate in OSU’s senior day ahead of the West Virginia game, is expected to consider entering the 2019 NFL Draft.

Additionally, Cowboy back Jelani Woods was absent for pregame warmups after missing most of last week's game. Center Johnny Wilson, however, warmed up with starting quarterback Taylor Cornelius before the game.

Oct 30, 2007
Even though it is the DOK, I put more stock in it than your misplaced feelings.

OSU football: RB Justice Hill out vs. TCU
Nathan Ruiz
by NATHAN RUIZ
Published: Sat, November 24, 2018 6:15 PM Updated: Sat, November 24, 2018 6:26 PM

FORT WORTH, Texas — Oklahoma State running back Justice Hill is not expected to play in Saturday’s regular-season finale against TCU.

Hill, a junior who leads OSU with 930 rushing yards, did not travel with the Cowboys to Fort Worth. He suffered a rib injury against Baylor, aggravated it against Oklahoma and did not play last week against West Virginia.
Justice Hill suffered a bruised rib in the Bedlam game. He was cleared to play in the West Virginia game, but he chose to check out for the rest of the season. That info comes directly from our own radio crew.

I love Justice Hill. I can't wait to see what he does at the next level. But there's no denying the fact that he checked out on his team at the end of the year.

Oct 30, 2007
https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsex...cle_efe39807-9cee-5f98-a67b-dd04e7dc28ca.html
STILLWATER -- Five carries into his third Bedlam, Justice Hill departed with a rib injury and never returned.
Mike Gundy said Oklahoma State's star running back should be good to go for the team's final home game against No. 9 West Virginia Saturday. "He's been doing fine," Gundy said. "We got him all X-rayed and CAT scanned and he's all clear. So just soreness and work through it. Took a pretty good hit."

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
You better just stop watching major college sports right now then if this bugs you that much because it's only going to increase.
Lol right. I mean Michigan had their two best defensive players (Bush/Gary) as well as their starting RB (Higdon) sit out of their bowl game and it was a pretty big game. Outside of a championship opportunity, if I am a top pick and my team is slated to play in the Taxslayer bowl or Cheez-It bowl, I would probably sit out as well. I don't think that's quitting on your team. I think that is someone who has their eyes on the bigger picture.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
That is you’ll side with players until a player(s) sit out and it costs us a championship, or opportunity to play for a championship.

I’ll bet there’s not one chance in a million Holder will ever have you on speed-dial.

First.... I highly doubt Mike Holder has anybody on this forum on speed dial. I sure as hell hope not, because we are all really stupid.

Second... if we were competing for championships, I very highly doubt we have impact players sitting out. Especially a guy like Justice Hill, who by all accounts was an amazing teammate and leader up to his decision to protect his body to try to stretch out an NFL career that is statistically only going to last three years. This season was a throwaway... and we still beat West Virginia without him!

You're making a huge deal out of something that really isn't a big deal at all, and in doing so you're throwing one of our better players over the last half decade away.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
That is you’ll side with players until a player(s) sit out and it costs us a championship, or opportunity to play for a championship.

I’ll bet there’s not one chance in a million Holder will ever have you on speed-dial.

Holder is a former coach. If anyone would tell a student athlete to do what’s best for their career it would be him.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

First.... I highly doubt Mike Holder has anybody on this forum on speed dial. I sure as hell hope not, because we are all really stupid.

Second... if we were competing for championships, I very highly doubt we have impact players sitting out. Especially a guy like Justice Hill, who by all accounts was an amazing teammate and leader up to his decision to protect his body to try to stretch out an NFL career that is statistically only going to last three years. This season was a throwaway... and we still beat West Virginia without him!

You're making a huge deal out of something that really isn't a big deal at all, and in doing so you're throwing one of our better players over the last half decade away.
Damn straight I’m criticizing him. He quit.

At what point are you not okay with players sitting out games? It has to be more than 3 games since that’s how many Hill sat out. Further, I assume you’re okay with Tylan Wallace sitting out 2019 awaiting the 2020 NFL draft since I understand it’s a potential consideration.
As for your financial justification, you ok with a player sitting out a game for his Great Aunts funeral? After all, a large inheritance and his future financial security may be at stake. Or what about the guy looking to get engaged to a wealthy chick that wants to go see Beyoncé in Vegas on a Saturday night. You okay with that? It is a financial decision at the end of the day.
You’re okay with Hills decision to quit on his team. Give us your bottom line on what you’ll accept, and what you won’t.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Holder is a former coach. If anyone would tell a student athlete to do what’s best for their career it would be him.
So Holder is gonna ask donors for $$$ and then promote (the best) players quitting the team to go pro. Just how hard are you trying to make people laugh?

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

At what point are you not okay with players sitting out games? It has to be more than 3 games since that’s how many Hill sat out. Further, I assume you’re okay with Tylan Wallace sitting out 2019 awaiting the 2020 NFL draft since I understand it’s a potential consideration.
As for your financial justification, you ok with a player sitting out a game for his Great Aunts funeral? After all, a large inheritance and his future financial security may be at stake. Or what about the guy looking to get engaged to a wealthy chick that wants to go see Beyoncé in Vegas on a Saturday night. You okay with that? It is a financial decision at the end of the day.
You’re okay with Hills decision to quit on his team. Give us your bottom line on what you’ll accept, and what you won’t.

Well if we are 6-4 going into the last three games then yeah. I am ok with Wallace sitting out to save his health for the draft if he has been injured. That's completely justifiable. Sitting out the whole season? That's extreme and you know it. He wouldn't get drafted if he just took a season off and would hurt himself far more than he would if he played. That's a ridiculous comparison.

I'm 100% ok with a player skipping a game to be with his family for a death. Why would that not be ok? Under any circumstances?

The last one is just absolutely ridiculous and you're reaching... Mostly because, as stated, you're a dickhead.

Justice Hill set records and was an all conference performer. He sat out three meaningless games after being injured. It's 100% justifiable. It just is. We would all advise our sons to do the same if health was the main consideration.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
So Holder is gonna ask donors for $$$ and then promote (the best) players quitting the team to go pro. Just how hard are you trying to make people laugh?

If Holder or the donors put one player over the program then they should be fired.

Hill going pro and getting drafted and having success at the next level is FAR more important than the three games he didn't play in

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
A career is more important than amateur athletics. If you cannot understand that it is a personal problem you must endure.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Well if we are 6-4 going into the last three games then yeah. I am ok with Wallace sitting out to save his health for the draft if he has been injured. That's completely justifiable. Sitting out the whole season? That's extreme and you know it. He wouldn't get drafted if he just took a season off and would hurt himself far more than he would if he played. That's a ridiculous comparison.

I'm 100% ok with a player skipping a game to be with his family for a death. Why would that not be ok? Under any circumstances?

The last one is just absolutely ridiculous and you're reaching... Mostly because, as stated, you're a dickhead.

Justice Hill set records and was an all conference performer. He sat out three meaningless games after being injured. It's 100% justifiable. It just is. We would all advise our sons to do the same if health was the main consideration.
You totally whiffed on this entire subject. I have a problem with any healthy player sitting out a game, period.

You don’t have a problem in certain circumstances, I guess. I’m trying to figure out where you draw the line. Is it (1) you really don’t know what you believe, (2) it’s always okay to bag a game for personal reasons, (3) you do know what’s unacceptable, but don’t want to appear a hypocrite, or (4) just adjust your convictions to the circumstances.

I agree my scenarios are extreme, but if you can’t apply your own convictions to ANY scenario, then you have no convictions one way or another.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

If Holder or the donors put one player over the program then they should be fired.

Hill going pro and getting drafted and having success at the next level is FAR more important than the three games he didn't play in
Then you’re ok with a player accepting a 4-yr full ride then refusing to contribute? After all, he might get hurt, so why jeopardize his future health?

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Then you’re ok with a player accepting a 4-yr full ride then refusing to contribute? After all, he might get hurt, so why jeopardize his future health?

They get a season to season agreement. It's not a four year contract.

And they don't get in a position to get hurt if they don't contribute. You're trying to make this black and white and it is not.

It benefited neither Hill nor OSU for him to play in those games.