Hill to the Ravens

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Really? You get to FO at work without being accountable? Get a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you are saying that someone shouldn't be able to just quit their job whenever they want?
Sure they can quit. You can then applaud them. I’ll call them a quitter. Clearly that’s where we are.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Clearly math is a challenge. Of each team’s 7 draft picks, how many you figure make the team on average every year? 5, 6?
Of each team’s 10 UFAs, how many you figure make the team on average each year? 2,3?
Yeah that makes all of them ties.
Okay. I’ll take 5 or 6 out 7 chance over a 2 or 3 chance out of 10 every day. I’ll also take the other side of every bet you make in Vegas. Deal?

Oct 30, 2007
Clearly math is a challenge. Of each team’s 7 draft picks, how many you figure make the team on average every year? 5, 6?
Of each team’s 10 UFAs, how many you figure make the team on average each year? 2,3?

https://nationalfootballpost.com/probabilities-of-the-nfl-draft/
Virtually every player drafted will play at least one year in the NFL.
Even the latest draft choices have a 75% probability of making a roster.

The statistics bear out the fact that drafted players are significantly more likely to make it in the NFL than undrafted players. I think Tyron Johnson could've improved his odds of making it in the NFL with another year here. Regardless, I hope he has success. He definitely has the talent.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

https://nationalfootballpost.com/probabilities-of-the-nfl-draft/
Virtually every player drafted will play at least one year in the NFL.
Even the latest draft choices have a 75% probability of making a roster.

The statistics bear out the fact that drafted players are significantly more likely to make it in the NFL than undrafted players. I think Tyron Johnson could've improved his odds of making it in the NFL with another year here. Regardless, I hope he has success. He definitely has the talent.
I’m happy to see the actual statistics bear out common sense.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Sure they can quit. You can then applaud them. I’ll call them a quitter. Clearly that’s where we are.

You sound very petty. Glad I don't work with you. Most bosses when you tell them you're quitting for a better job say thanks for your service and move on.

I guess you're free to call him a quitter if you want though. I think you're being foolish but it's whatever.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
I will alway side with the players. They are the ones putting their health on the line. We are just fans and the university makes a lot of $ off of them. A running back like Hill should always go pro as soon as possible. Hill took those games off to be 100% healthy for the combine. I have no issue with that considering it’s his career and most importantly his life.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

You sound very petty. Glad I don't work with you. Most bosses when you tell them you're quitting for a better job say thanks for your service and move on.

I guess you're free to call him a quitter if you want though. I think you're being foolish but it's whatever.
Not right. If you insist on using work analogies, it’s like telling your boss, I’m quitting in 7 weeks but I’m not working the last 7 weeks. Your problem boss, not mine cause I don’t care how bad my lack of contribution hurts the company.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
I will alway side with the players. They are the ones putting their health on the line. We are just fans and the university makes a lot of $ off of them. A running back like Hill should always go pro as soon as possible. Hill took those games off to be 100% healthy for the combine. I have no issue with that considering it’s his career and most importantly his life.
Not to mention the lifespan of the NFL RB is what 3 years maybe? Hill has some miles on him, but I don't get what playing in the bowl games and such would help him with.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Not right. If you insist on using work analogies, it’s like telling your boss, I’m quitting in 7 weeks but I’m not working the last 7 weeks. Your problem boss, not mine cause I don’t care how bad my lack of contribution hurts the company.

Well, if you’re going to use work analogies he should not have been working and collecting workers comp.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
My problem with Hill quitting isn't that he didn't play in the crappy bowl game, I agree that it is a practice session for younger players. My issue in particular is that he didn't even travel with the team to TCU.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
That is you’ll side with players until a player(s) sit out and it costs us a championship, or opportunity to play for a championship.

I’ll bet there’s not one chance in a million Holder will ever have you on speed-dial.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso

Then why didn't Gundy just kick him off the team? He was perfectly within his ability to do so.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
That is you’ll side with players until a player(s) sit out and it costs us a championship, or opportunity to play for a championship.

I’ll bet there’s not one chance in a million Holder will ever have you on speed-dial.

You better just stop watching major college sports right now then if this bugs you that much because it's only going to increase.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water

If beating TCU would have put OSU in the Big12 Championship game with an opportunity to play in the playoffs I’m sure Justice would have played. Nobody within the football program has ever said anything bad about Justice Hill as a teammate. It’s his career and he’s playing a position that is very dangerous. Playing those last few games weren’t gonna help him come combine time. I believe he was leaving this year regardless how the season went.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Then why didn't Gundy just kick him off the team? He was perfectly within his ability to do so.
I’m sure Gundy considered the ramifications of doing so. That aside, did you not hear about the meeting in Gundy’s office when Hill informed him of his intentions? Apparently it wasn’t a happy fest.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

You better just stop watching major college sports right now then if this bugs you that much because it's only going to increase.
What, I’m required to agree with every rule, every protocol, every option, every coach, every circumstance to enjoy a particular sport or sports? That’s kinda silly don’t you think? Besides, I’m not gonna quit OP because you’re on here. ;-)