Heisman Watch: Ranking the Big 12's Top Candidates for 2019

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
3. Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State
The latest in a long line of productive receivers in Stillwater, Wallace is coming off a banner 2018 in which he was a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award and earned numerous All-American honors. He was second in the country in receiving yards and averaged nearly 115 yards per game as an unstoppable threat through the air at OSU. He’ll be the headliner for the Cowboys’ offense again this season and if he keeps putting up big numbers, could make his way into the Heisman conversation with every highlight-reel catch he makes.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/heisman-watch-ranking-big-12-top-candidates-2019

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
3. Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State
The latest in a long line of productive receivers in Stillwater, Wallace is coming off a banner 2018 in which he was a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award and earned numerous All-American honors. He was second in the country in receiving yards and averaged nearly 115 yards per game as an unstoppable threat through the air at OSU. He’ll be the headliner for the Cowboys’ offense again this season and if he keeps putting up big numbers, could make his way into the Heisman conversation with every highlight-reel catch he makes.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/heisman-watch-ranking-big-12-top-candidates-2019
Hmmmmm don't sleep on Chuba as well.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
Based on what I think we see out of our offense I would bet Hubbard has a better chance than Wallace in the B12. Nationally the Clemson QB and/or Alabama QB are the odds on favorites. Both will likely have undefeated seasons to bank on as well.

Aug 16, 2012
I do not get the infatuation with Ehlinger. He has been nothing more than serviceable or slightly above his entire career yet the media has hyped him as the next coming despite no track record to support it. Guess he woke up one morning and miraculously became the next coming of Tom Brady. Half of the list is nothing more than filling a blank piece of paper.

Nov 6, 2010
Based on what I think we see out of our offense I would bet Hubbard has a better chance than Wallace in the B12. Nationally the Clemson QB and/or Alabama QB are the odds on favorites. Both will likely have undefeated seasons to bank on as well.
Agreed. For a WR to win it he almost has to return punts and/or kicks as well, and I don't think Wallace will be doing either of those for us.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I do not get the infatuation with Ehlinger. He has been nothing more than serviceable or slightly above his entire career yet the media has hyped him as the next coming despite no track record to support it. Guess he woke up one morning and miraculously became the next coming of Tom Brady. Half of the list is nothing more than filling a blank piece of paper.
Media hype needs texas to 'be back' and be good. Part of that effort is to raise the profile of the program so when they do beat up on some fcs team, it will appear to be more majestic.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Hubbard is a stud, but he's not even the best rb in the big 12, much less best player. I'd say wallace is the best player in stillwater this year. Probably be osu's first 1st rounder since Gilbert
He's better than anything cheater u has paid for.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Then you haven't really been paying attention to Texas. Or you dislike them so much it's clouded your ability to unbiased. He's pretty damn good and the difference between his freshman and sophomore seasons was pretty drastic. I'm sure they're projecting him to improve again this season, which is not a given. I don't see him as a Heisman candidate unless UT makes the playoff as a one loss team, but he's really good. If we'd of had him last year instead on Corndog, we'd have probably been in the B12 championship game. At the very least, he wouldn't have let us get our asses kicked by the bottom half of the standings.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
The kid was good. 3,300 yards at almost 65% clip... 25-5 TD/INT ratio and lead them to a big bowl win over UGA. He also ran for almost 500 yards. He scored 2 in the air and on the ground against us last season.

Aug 16, 2012
Then you haven't really been paying attention to Texas. Or you dislike them so much it's clouded your ability to unbiased. He's pretty damn good and the difference between his freshman and sophomore seasons was pretty drastic. I'm sure they're projecting him to improve again this season, which is not a given. I don't see him as a Heisman candidate unless UT makes the playoff as a one loss team, but he's really good. If we'd of had him last year instead on Corndog, we'd have probably been in the B12 championship game. At the very least, he wouldn't have let us get our asses kicked by the bottom half of the standings.
The kid was good. 3,300 yards at almost 65% clip... 25-5 TD/INT ratio and lead them to a big bowl win over UGA. He also ran for almost 500 yards. He scored 2 in the air and on the ground against us last season.
Have paid attention and stand by my statement.

Was not in top 20 for yards last year, 700 behind Cornelius.

Was not in top 25 for TDs last year (25 TDs vs. Cornelius' #8 rank with 32 TDs).

TC had more total TDs.

32nd in passing efficiency (TC 36th)

72nd passing yards per completion (TC 14th)

7th Points Responsible For (TC 5th)

29th Total Offense (TC 7th).

Again, he is serviceable, but far, far, far from deserving to be in any Heisman discussion. Ask yourself this....if TC was back, do you think he would have been in discussion this year? I doubt it, but TC had better numbers and would have been returning with one of the top running backs, a top WR, a much better WR Corp, and a line that by all expectations should be significantly better.

And BTW, my optics are skewed by the fact he is an arrogant punk.

His freshman to sophomore numbers are skewed by the fact he shared reps with Beuchelle for a big chunk of his freshman season.

And the part about if we had him instead of TC we would have won the B12 is unadulterated nonsense.

Last edited:

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Sure, he could show out as the best in '19. But Pooka Williams looks as good as anyone. And then you got Brooks who averaged a wtf 9 yards per carry. What's crazy is that all 3 of those guys were freshmen last year.
Yet...you're still the same egomanical jackass you've been for 9 years. Congrats disc boy.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Is there really anything he does better than everyone else? Or that at least he stands right up there with the most elite qbs in the country? Meh yardage, meh yards per pass, meh tds, meh completion percentage. Those are above average metrics, but somewhat pedestrian when stood against the recent qbs who have won the heisman. I can see him improving though and a level of improvement would put him up there but we'd have to actually see it and lets not forget that there are other qbs he's going against who will be improved too, and it feels like those other guys have higher ceilings.