He fought in World War II. He died in 2014. And he just registered to vote in Va.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
I have never ever, even once, been asked for my voter registration for any financial transaction that I have ever conducted. I have never ever been asked for voter registration when registering a motor vehicle.... it' is the OPPOSITE - in CA you are automatically registered when you complete your motor vehicle registration.

Poor people in rural areas most likely already receive federal aid, for which they must have identification. If there are some that need assistance in obtaining an ID, then it is a very, very small number, and can be accommodated very cheaply. That is not an issue and if it's a "concern" it can easily be remedied.

You're creating a problem that doesn't even exist, and dismissing all possible solutions because you don't care to have voting done right... that has to be it.

The 3/5ths compromise was designed to give blacks MORE recognition, not less.
I'm creating a problem that doesn't exist.

I seriously can't tell if you are trying to be serious or hilarious

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I'm creating a problem that doesn't exist.

I seriously can't tell if you are trying to be serious or hilarious
totally serious.

please explain the problem to me. How many poor rural people are there, and how many do not have ID cards? Heck, I'll take urban people too. How many?

How much would it cost to give everyone of them a taxi ride to get an ID?

Please explain this problem that exists that does not have very simple solutions.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
totally serious.

please explain the problem to me. How many poor rural people are there, and how many do not have ID cards? Heck, I'll take urban people too. How many?

How much would it cost to give everyone of them a taxi ride to get an ID?

Please explain this problem that exists that does not have very simple solutions.
OR

How many cases of documented voter fraud have there been?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
OR

How many cases of documented voter fraud have there been?
you can't "document it" if you don't even have the means to detect it or prevent it.

that's a fools argument.

How many undocumented cases of voter fraud have there been? That is the ONLY question.

If we can't answer that, or even have the means to attempt and answer, then we have a problem.

you honestly do not think that it is a problem that I can go to your precinct and vote your ballot?

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
you can't "document it" if you don't even have the means to detect it or prevent it.

that's a fools argument.

How many undocumented cases of voter fraud have there been? That is the ONLY question.

If we can't answer that, or even have the means to attempt and answer, then we have a problem.

you honestly do not think that it is a problem that I can go to your precinct and vote your ballot?
There were four convictions in the 2016 election. The correct answer is four.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
There were four convictions in the 2016 election. The correct answer is four.
you did not answer my question.

How many undocumented cases of voter fraud have there been?

If you cannot answer that question, then there is not much point in discussion, because that is the only question.

That exact thing was done to the attorney general Eric Holder - to prove the point.

That is not a problem for you? The guy did not vote the ballot, so "not documented fraud".

There is no possible way to determine how prevalent voter fraud is or isn't. That is the problem. (not how many actually got caught doing it - so we know it's happening)

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
So, while I was driving between Stillwater and OKC on Saturday night, how many people were speeding? Using the ridiculous argument used above that there were only four cases of voter fraud, then the correct answer to my question is zero. No one was speeding because I didn’t see anyone get pulled over. Personally, I was usually driving between 80 and 85, but I obviously wasn’t speeding because I didn’t get stopped.
What an argument.

Oct 30, 2007
https://www.investors.com/politics/...n-live-adults-a-red-flag-for-electoral-fraud/
According to census data, it's estimated that there are approximately 3.5 million more registered voters than living adults in the US.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-ken-block-presentation.pdf
A recent study of 21 states showed that there were 8500 duplicate votes cast in the 2016 presidential election. It's estimated that as many as 40,000 duplicate votes may have been cast, but many states refused to give up voter data.

I doubt that there are several million fraudulent votes cast every election, but you would be a fool to believe it's just a handful. We need purged voter roles and voter ID laws to maintain the integrity of our election system.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
you did not answer my question.

How many undocumented cases of voter fraud have there been?

If you cannot answer that question, then there is not much point in discussion, because that is the only question.

That exact thing was done to the attorney general Eric Holder - to prove the point.

That is not a problem for you? The guy did not vote the ballot, so "not documented fraud".

There is no possible way to determine how prevalent voter fraud is or isn't. That is the problem. (not how many actually got caught doing it - so we know it's happening)

Similar to the amount of alien abductions. People that have raped by Chihuahuas and death by geysers combined.

Im sure you believe what you've been told by your media choices and I can respect that. But the data driven facts(cases and convictions compiled by legitimate law enforcement agencies) highlight that it is not a problem. Since you like to speculate, I would wager that there is a higher number of cases of voter suppression exponentially than documented voter fraud. Feel free to name whatever stakes you chose and I will gladly pay if proven wrong by legitimate studies.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
https://www.investors.com/politics/...n-live-adults-a-red-flag-for-electoral-fraud/
According to census data, it's estimated that there are approximately 3.5 million more registered voters than living adults in the US.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-ken-block-presentation.pdf
A recent study of 21 states showed that there were 8500 duplicate votes cast in the 2016 presidential election. It's estimated that as many as 40,000 duplicate votes may have been cast, but many states refused to give up voter data.

I doubt that there are several million fraudulent votes cast every election, but you would be a fool to believe it's just a handful. We need purged voter roles and voter ID laws to maintain the integrity of our election system.
no problem with running voter roles against death certificates. Purging voter roles is a tricky proposition because you definitely shouldnt disenfranchise anyone on accident. It is an expensive process to do it accurately and definitely should be looked at doing it cost effectively yet efficiently with accountability.

I dont think there are any politicians on either aisle that will ensure that it will be done with all 3 qualifiers.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
So, while I was driving between Stillwater and OKC on Saturday night, how many people were speeding? Using the ridiculous argument used above that there were only four cases of voter fraud, then the correct answer to my question is zero. No one was speeding because I didn’t see anyone get pulled over. Personally, I was usually driving between 80 and 85, but I obviously wasn’t speeding because I didn’t get stopped.
What an argument.
What radar detector do you use? It seems to work fine.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Voter fraud led to the election of LBJ to US Senate and eventually President of the United States.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Similar to the amount of alien abductions. People that have raped by Chihuahuas and death by geysers combined.

Im sure you believe what you've been told by your media choices and I can respect that. But the data driven facts(cases and convictions compiled by legitimate law enforcement agencies) highlight that it is not a problem. Since you like to speculate, I would wager that there is a higher number of cases of voter suppression exponentially than documented voter fraud. Feel free to name whatever stakes you chose and I will gladly pay if proven wrong by legitimate studies.
I don't get "told" stuff by my media choices - I RESEARCH the issues. Myself.

You simply want to believe what you believe, despite the fact that you keep demonstrating that voter fraud DOES OCCUR.

My point is that you do not know, for a fact, how bad it may or may not be, and you simply do not care.

The speeding example was spot on. Just because you are not caught does not mean that it is not happening or that it is not prevalent.

Four "documented cases" tells us simply that it does occur, and that it is apparently almost impossible to detect or catch. Nothing more.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
I don't get "told" stuff by my media choices - I RESEARCH the issues. Myself.

You simply want to believe what you believe, despite the fact that you keep demonstrating that voter fraud DOES OCCUR.

My point is that you do not know, for a fact, how bad it may or may not be, and you simply do not care.

The speeding example was spot on. Just because you are not caught does not mean that it is not happening or that it is not prevalent.

Four "documented cases" tells us simply that it does occur, and that it is apparently almost impossible to detect or catch. Nothing more.
i agree its spot on. speeding itself does no harm and/or has no consequences until it causes an accident that effects others on the road.

Do you believe voter ID laws can disenfranchise and or discourage eligble citizens from participating in democracy?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Do you believe voter ID laws can disenfranchise and or discourage eligble citizens from participating in democracy?
I not only do not believe that, I do believe that it is a preposterous statement.

why would it make a world of difference toward encouragement or not, if I tell them where I live, or I show them my ID?

voter participation is less than 60%, so honestly, that is the least of worries about getting citizens to participate in voting.

(and for the record, I do not really consider voting as "participating in democracy"... it's simply voting for too many low information voters)

If they are not going to "participate in democracy" and learn what governing is about, then I would prefer that they not vote.

voting for the party that promises the most entitlements and handouts is not what I call "participating in democracy".