HCMG is 1-0 in Big 12 Openers in the 2020's.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I’m not sure past performance means anything regarding WV this weekend. WV touts a stellar DL and I see trouble for our young QB. Our first series against Tulsa I was a solid 9/10 win believer. Being realistic I’ve moved my expectations to 7/8 wins. Spencer appears injury prone. TX, UO and TCU have very good defensive front seven and I don’t know how quickly our OL can mature into a competitive unit.
Good points, but your font could’ve been bigger.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
you wont have long to wait. WVU will be improved this season, in the top 4 next season, and play for a championship in 2022. If WVU had been in the big 12 during the RROD era, it would have multible big 12 championships. NB is going to be just as successful as RROD was at wvu.
I don't see that happening. You're not in the Big Least anymore Dorothy.

Oct 30, 2007
And I'll believe he's his equal when he's won a B12 championship.
you wont have long to wait. WVU will be improved this season, in the top 4 next season, and play for a championship in 2022. If WVU had been in the big 12 during the RROD era, it would have multible big 12 championships. NB is going to be just as successful as RROD was at wvu.
Kicking back to watch this one age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

You've gotta admit that the 'it would have multiple big 12 championships' is good for a laugh.

There were weeks upon weeks where just the Big 12 South division had 4 & even 5 teams ranked.

The good news for WVU is that they're guaranteed another bowl season this year. The NCAA just removed any wins requirement for bowl eligibility.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2013
I don't see that happening. You're not in the Big Least anymore Dorothy.
You do know WVU ran OU off the field when they were Big 12 champions, and WVU won the BE twice when Miami, vt etc were still in the conference.

One year WVU went unbeaten in the BE they also ran Penn State off the field. 41-8 at the half. only mercy made the final score 51-30 instead of 82- 16.

that is the WVU team you'll see in year 4 of NB.

NinjaPoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
I’m not feeling too confident about tomorrow.
You do know WVU ran OU off the field when they were Big 12 champions, and WVU won the BE twice when Miami, vt etc were still in the conference.

One year WVU went unbeaten in the BE they also ran Penn State off the field. 41-8 at the half. only mercy made the final score 51-30 instead of 82- 16.

I sincerely admire your undying loyalty to WVU, honestly.

Tomorrow will be a great game.It’s unfortunate that WVU has a problem with facing the schools in Oklahoma.

Looking forward to the POKES taking care of business and stretching the WVU series to 6 straight GO POKES

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina

Hey man, just curious, but why do you feel the need to come to this site and make these sort of posts? I mean it’s like your some 5 year old kid trying to get validation from a crowd of 12 year olds that hang out with your older brother. We all know that West Virginia has had some good seasons over the years, and you have had some quality wins and seasons from time to time in your history. But if your going to use a win over Penn State in 1980-something to justify what you are saying, then go back in time and tell us the whole story. Heck, OSU went on the road to number 2 Washington and won by 14 in 1985, does that mean much in 2020? I have an idea. Tell us first about that stellar 1960 West Virginia football season.
By the way, I hope that today’s game will be a good one for both teams and that everyone comes away healthy when it’s over. Good luck to your team the rest of the way after today.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
My mind had blocked out the fact that we've lost our last 4 conference openers. I hope that we're ready to play this year.

Oct 30, 2007

You've gotta admit that the 'it would have multiple big 12 championships' is good for a laugh.

There were weeks upon weeks where just the Big 12 South division had 4 & even 5 teams ranked.

The good news for WVU is that they're guaranteed another bowl season this year. The NCAA just removed any wins requirement for bowl eligibility.
Yes, I am now very much looking forward to 2022. Illingworth throwing for 300+ and 3+ touchdowns in stilly to beat wvu will be fun. Then watching KU beat them by 10, TTech beat them by 14, and on and on will be very enjoyable.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
It's much more likely that NB leaves for a better program (if he is as good as you say) or is fired before they make it to the CFP.

I will bet a large pizza....