HCMG is 1-0 in Big 12 Openers in the 2020's.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
How many Big 12 championships has Brown won?
he's only had a shot at 1. How many has gundy won?
Brown has, however, won sunbelt titles and beat LSU in baton rouge, nebraska in lincoln, and was cheated by ACC refs or he wouldve beaten clemson in death valley. As it was he still came close.

WVU is way better than troy, and no team in the big 12 compares to LSU and Clemson. And we witnessed that the sunbelt is better than ISU, Kstate, and kansas. So I say sunbelt titles are nothing to sneeze at.

Also, NB had troy ranked in the top 25 for the 1st time in its history. His 1st recruiting class at WVU was the best in its history and he was hired in january, a month before signing day.

I would trade Dh for a box of crackerjacks. I wouldnt trade NB for gundy.

NinjaPoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Say, Nolaeer. Just to pick your brain a bit..

What are your honest opinion on OSU football and more importantly, Gundy? I would love to hear your opinion as an outsider looking in. Also, it's the 8th year since WVU joined the BIG12...surely you would have an opinion on where OSU ranks in Big 12 football.

Sep 9, 2013
Say, Nolaeer. Just to pick your brain a bit..

What are your honest opinion on OSU football and more importantly, Gundy? I would love to hear your opinion as an outsider looking in. Also, it's the 8th year since WVU joined the BIG12...surely you would have an opinion on where OSU ranks in Big 12 football.
I think Gundy is one of the best coaches in the country. He's had OSU good for a long time, with very few bad seasons. Texas may be down, but he beat them what? 5 in a row?

He isnt saban, but no one else is either. I think he's likely the most proven coach in the big 12. OSU ranks 3rd in big 12 football currently, in the 8 years WVU has been in the Big 12.

That said, i think OSU's oline situation makes them vulnerable to being upset. A lot of people picked OSU to win the big 12, but you cant do that with the oline that showed up against Tulsa. Not sure why the oline is bad. you got a wvu transfer who is likely to make an nfl roster. Surely he cant be the only decent lineman you guys have?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think Gundy is one of the best coaches in the country. He's had OSU good for a long time, with very few bad seasons. Texas may be down, but he beat them what? 5 in a row?

He isnt saban, but no one else is either. I think he's likely the most proven coach in the big 12. OSU ranks 3rd in big 12 football currently, in the 8 years WVU has been in the Big 12.

That said, i think OSU's oline situation makes them vulnerable to being upset. A lot of people picked OSU to win the big 12, but you cant do that with the oline that showed up against Tulsa. Not sure why the oline is bad. you got a wvu transfer who is likely to make an nfl roster. Surely he cant be the only decent lineman you guys have?
Two guys that were projected to start got kicked off the team in August. Two other guys got hurt early in the Tulsa game (replacements). We are working with a patch work oline now, but we have a very good oline coach who was excellent at KSU under Snyder. We "should" be ok, but we need more big guys with experience on the Oline. We agree and are hopeful on the WVU transfer.

I hope you have a great day!

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
How many Big 12 championships has Brown won?
Brown has, however, won sunbelt titles and beat LSU in baton rouge, nebraska in lincoln, and was cheated by ACC refs or he wouldve beaten clemson in death valley. As it was he still came close.

WVU is way better than troy, and no team in the big 12 compares to LSU and Clemson. And we witnessed that the sunbelt is better than ISU, Kstate, and kansas. So I say sunbelt titles are nothing to sneeze at.

Also, NB had troy ranked in the top 25 for the 1st time in its history. His 1st recruiting class at WVU was the best in its history and he was hired in january, a month before signing day.

IMG_3368.GIF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

The Sunbelt is better than ISU, Kansas State, and Kansas, eh?

Iowa State 38
WVU 14

WVU 14
ISU 30

Therefore, WVU is worse than a team that's worse than Sunbelt.

Sep 9, 2013
The Sunbelt is better than ISU, Kansas State, and Kansas, eh?

Iowa State 38
WVU 14

WVU 14
ISU 30

Therefore, WVU is worse than a team that's worse than Sunbelt.
I'd agree with DH as coach, WVU could lose to literally anyone.
WVU was on a historic roll until it hired DH.
DH beat clemson 70-30 in the orange bowl his 1st year, but that was with another coach's recruits.
DH focused his recruiting on skill players, leaving WVU's oline in shambles. Only thing that saved the dline were the sills brothers are both wva high school grads whose NFl dad played at WVU and wanted his sons there too

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I'd agree with DH as coach, WVU could lose to literally anyone.
WVU was on a historic roll until it hired DH.
DH beat clemson 70-30 in the orange bowl his 1st year, but that was with another coach's recruits.
DH focused his recruiting on skill players, leaving WVU's oline in shambles. Only thing that saved the dline were the sills brothers are both wva high school grads whose NFl dad played at WVU and wanted his sons there too
Who was coaching in 2019 when y'all lost to Iowa State that isn't as good as a Sunbelt team?

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas

If you really wanted a burn you could’ve just said ‘how many has Gundy lost?‘

Sep 9, 2013
But I thought he was Gundy's superior??? If that's true then surely he can beat a worse-than-Sunbelt team, having come from winning Sunbelt championships!??!
I never said he was superior to Gundy, i said he was his equal. He wont lose to teams bc he was out coached.
Gundy has the better roster this season. I wont be upset or surprised if OSU wins by 8-17.

That said, i still wouldnt trade NB for Gundy. NB is a lot younger, and has more to prove. he's likelier a lot more hungry.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I never said he was superior to Gundy, i said he was his equal. He wont lose to teams bc he was out coached.
Gundy has the better roster this season. I wont be upset or surprised if OSU wins by 8-17.

That said, i still wouldnt trade NB for Gundy. NB is a lot younger, and has more to prove. he's likelier a lot more hungry.
And I'll believe he's his equal when he's won a B12 championship.

Sep 9, 2013
And I'll believe he's his equal when he's won a B12 championship.
you wont have long to wait. WVU will be improved this season, in the top 4 next season, and play for a championship in 2022. If WVU had been in the big 12 during the RROD era, it would have multible big 12 championships. NB is going to be just as successful as RROD was at wvu.