Have you watched this?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
WH admits there were reports in the past from the intel community to the WH of Russia doing this but said the reports could not be independently verified.

Since the reports could not be independently verified they were withheld from Trump and Pence's briefings

Nov 6, 2010
I have now watched it.

Is this different from the Russian proxy wars we have been fighting in Syria and Ukraine? Russia pays terrorists to do their killing. Breaking News from every war since the 1960's.

What should Trump's response be? I'd like to see him negotiate peace and get out of Afghanistan.
What's the alternative suggested here by Chris Hayes? Nukes?
I would suggest the response be IF the intel is solid, to find a couple of these GRU agents operating in Afghanistan and take them out. Then Trump just look Putin in the eye and say "it wasn't us". And who knows, maybe we have already done just that, how would that info ever get out?? What he shouldn't do is immediately deny being briefed. I"m fine with the second statement that the intel assessment was not up to an actionable degree of certainty. Obviously if there is any doubt, then the last thing any president should do is take action.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
The politicians in DC have been disasters for the better part of 3 decades now. Congress, judges, presidents. Ass clowns in our government is not some new concept that materialized out if thin air with the election if Trump...it's actually part if the reason Trump won the election in the first place.

This isn't hard, the Reps and Dems have been screwing us over for years and years. Trump may not be the answer but we had to at least try something different.
Trump is just an extension of the 3 decades of disaster. Trying something new for sh*ts and giggles is not a good thing. If alcohol doesn’t do it for you that doesn’t mean you should try crack.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The Democrat party....voted to go to war with Iraq, then turned around and viciously accused the last Republican president of starting an unnecessary war based on faulty intelligence. That same Democrat party now wants to go to war with even less certain intelligence..and would turn against such a war the second it becomes politically expedient to do so.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
The Democrat party....voted to go to war with Iraq, then turned around and viciously accused the last Republican president of starting an unnecessary war based on faulty intelligence. That same Democrat party now wants to go to war with even less certain intelligence..and would turn against such a war the second it becomes politically expedient to do so.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Who said anything about going to war?? People want the truth to be put out in the open. So only democrats voted for the war with Iraq?

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Obama isn't the President so anything related to previous administrations is just deflecting from the current issue.

I think it's a bit early to pass judgement here, but assuming this is true, does it impact your opinion on Trump? I'm not trying to be a jerk here and asking an honest question. You've adamantly defended the guy and I'm just wondering if this is something that the 35-40% of the country who won't abandon him will look at and reconsider how strong your attachment is.
Correct me if I am wrong, but people spent the entire 1st term of Obama blaming Bush for all the things wrong with pretty much everything. It's cyclical and predictable.

In turn, the Bush supporters spent the whole time pointing out that it was Obama's responsibility. A year from now someone will be blaming Trump or people will still be blaming Obama. We'll see how the chips fall.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
Correct me if I am wrong, but people spent the entire 1st term of Obama blaming Bush for all the things wrong with pretty much everything. It's cyclical and predictable.

In turn, the Bush supporters spent the whole time pointing out that it was Obama's responsibility. A year from now someone will be blaming Trump or people will still be blaming Obama. We'll see how the chips fall.
This is 100% correct. Everything you just said is true, but without looking can you tell me what the original question was? That's the problem.

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
You really gonna pin Trump with the unemployment rates we're seeing now? Can you think of other reasons why our unemployment #'s look the way they do? Or you just gonna go with the ol' blame the president routine?
Especially considering we were experiencing historic employment rates for people across the board prior to the Covid shutdowns. Silly argument.