Gutless Politicians (What else is new)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

McalPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 12, 2006
McAlester, OK

McalPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 12, 2006
McAlester, OK
I would theorize that Republicans who don't want to do much of anything to provide better access to health care for all Oklahomans are in a pretty damned good health.
This bill would have established a state health insurance exchange, a key element of the Affordable Health Care Act.

Why not let this bill come up for a vote and send it crashing to hell in a fire ball? That way, Oklahoma will tell Obama and the rest of the country that we want nothing to do with Obamacare.

Why not even vote on it. Obviously it would have been defeated. Or would it?

McalPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 12, 2006
McAlester, OK
If it could be tied to Obamacare, it would be defeated. (imo)
My point exactly. Why not vote on it? The republicans have a mega majority in the state senate and we know all the republicans are opposed to anything remotely tied to Obamacare. No way it would have passed and the republicans could have been on record as opposing it, much to the adoration of their constituency.

I don't get it.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
My point exactly. Why not vote on it? The republicans have a mega majority in the state senate and we know all the republicans are opposed to anything remotely tied to Obamacare. No way it would have passed and the republicans could have been on record as opposing it, much to the adoration of their constituency.

I don't get it.
Are they already not on record opposing ObamaCare?