Gundy the 11th highest paid college FB coach in the Country

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Mark Cooper...

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy’s annual raise and contract rollover has kicked in for 2019.

Gundy’s rolling, five-year contract has been extended through the 2023 season, OSU announced Wednesday. His annual $125,000 raise will take his salary up to $5.125 million in the 2019 season.

It could mark the second consecutive season in which Gundy makes a top-10 salary in the country.

The OSU/A&M Board of Regents approved this contract for Gundy in 2017 and approved a raise to $5 million after the 2017 season.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Guerin Emig...

Oklahoma State announced last Wednesday that Mike Gundy’s contract had been extended through 2023. The most interesting part of OSU’s press release was Gundy’s statement:

“Outside of my family, coaching football at Oklahoma State is the biggest part of who I am. I’m more energized and excited about Cowboy Football than at any time during my career. I appreciate the continued support of President Hargis, Coach Holder, the Board of Regents and the OSU fan base. Our players start winter conditioning on Monday and I’m chomping at the bit to get back into spring ball in March.”

“Energized.” “Excited.” “Chomping at the bit.”

Anyone notice a pattern here?

Gundy isn’t just battling a climb back from OSU’s 7-6 2017 season. He’s battling the perception he has become stale after 14 years as trail boss.

Bill Haisten tackled the topic in a recent column. He recalled Gundy’s first bout with burnout occurred in 2014. He discovered a quote Gundy used in the spring of 2015 to signal a comeback: “I’m just as energized now as when I started. I hit a wall and I kind of fell off, but I’ve broken through now.”

I assume Gundy’s use of “energized,” not to mention “excited” and “chomping at the bit,” is his signal four years later.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Gundy is overpaid because global warming is proof we need to outlaw guns.

Trying too hard?

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma