Gundy the 11th highest paid college FB coach in the Country

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Gundy quote:

“I appreciate the continued support of President (Burns) Hargis, Coach (Mike) Holder, the Board of Regents and the OSU fan base. Our players start winter conditioning on Monday, and I’m chomping at the bit to get back into spring ball in March.”

Not to make something out of nothing but it does appear to be an attempt to play nice with the boss and the fans, and a reply to those questioning his level of engagement.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Gundy quote:

“I appreciate the continued support of President (Burns) Hargis, Coach (Mike) Holder, the Board of Regents and the OSU fan base. Our players start winter conditioning on Monday, and I’m chomping at the bit to get back into spring ball in March.”

Not to make something out of nothing but it does appear to be an attempt to play nice with the boss and the fans, and a reply to those questioning his level of engagement.
So that comment was in reference to a question from a reporter I would guess in response to a question about his raise. What would you expect him to say?

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
So that comment was in reference to a question from a reporter I would guess in response to a question about his raise. What would you expect him to say?
Exactly what he said. Like I said, maybe it's nothing, but I have noticed a recent attempt to be a little more diplomatic. He said something similar after the bowl game.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Reviewing this more closely Gundy has the 8th best winning percentage among Power 5 conference teams. Drop Boise State and TCU is still riding the wave of 3 seasons in the Mountain West Conference where they went 12-1, 13-0, and 11-2 their last three seasons.
Choosing not to use 2018 is “very interesting”. Fixed it for you.
Delete App State and Boise, then we are 10th.
Reminds me of when reporters/announcers say, “he is only one of three players to average 17 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists”. Bunch of random numbers that fit their agenda/story.
Still an excellent win percentage, but you shouldn’t ignore the most recent data set.

Attachments