Gundy the 11th highest paid college FB coach in the Country

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
These guys are making some serious dough. How long has Gundy been making $5mil. Couples years. He lasts ten at that rate, that's $100million. I doubt when he was playing qb in Stillwater as collegiate, that he would have ever dreamed of making that kind of money coaching football.
Let’s see here....
$5M per year X 10 years= $100M

No wonder I always had trouble with math. I thought that would be $50M.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
Ever had fried shark "meat"? It's the steak of the ocean. Really good.
I’ve had a lot of shark and it it is very good. We used to go to Aransas pass when a bunch of family and friends were snowbirds. We would go out on a big catamaran fishing boat. Only one shark is allowed per fisherman. On one particular trip the seas got rough and most of the landlubbers got sick. They wanted their ticket filled so I parked myself on the starboard stern corner and filled several people’s limit. After getting back to the dock they decided to give them to me. I took five nice sharks home with me.

Nov 6, 2010
I’ve had a lot of shark and it it is very good. We used to go to Aransas pass when a bunch of family and friends were snowbirds. We would go out on a big catamaran fishing boat. Only one shark is allowed per fisherman. On one particular trip the seas got rough and most of the landlubbers got sick. They wanted their ticket filled so I parked myself on the starboard stern corner and filled several people’s limit. After getting back to the dock they decided to give them to me. I took five nice sharks home with me.
Love me some Port A. And last time I went out, I puked too. Small boat and very rough, first time I ever got puking sick on a boat.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Very specific question: When was this? And Aransas Pass is also known as Port Aransas, right? In Corpus Cristi? Because in 2005, I went down there for a work thing, and a dude took us out on his boat and we caught five.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
Very specific question: When was this? And Aransas Pass is also known as Port Aransas, right? In Corpus Cristi? Because in 2005, I went down there for a work thing, and a dude took us out on his boat and we caught five.
We went down there about a dozen times from 1996 to 2010. The campground was at Aransas Pass. Port Aransas is on the coast and shipping channel.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
We went down there about a dozen times from 1996 to 2010. The campground was at Aransas Pass. Port Aransas is on the coast and shipping channel.
Hmmm...did you by chance have a little house right off the coast, and skinned the sharks afterwards? And yes, I got sea sick...to the tune of throwing up bile on my 7th or 8th heaving session.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
Also, coacheshotseat.com shows Gundy as in a tie for the 14th highest paid coach. Based on his record, especially the last 10 years he is paid just about where he should be. One could make an argument he is slightly under paid.
Better not let this little nugget out. You may have a very vocal group after you on this one. Gundy is just stealing money if he’s going to go 7-6 blah blah blah.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007