Gundy the 11th highest paid college FB coach in the Country

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I've said it before, Gundy should not sniff another raise until at the very least a conference championship game appearance, preferably not until a conference title.
Well hate to disappoint you but Gundys contract has a built in $125k raise every year. Also since it is a perpetual contract I doubt it will get changed, just kept being renewed till he retires.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Well hate to disappoint you but Gundys contract has a built in $125k raise every year. Also since it is a perpetual contract I doubt it will get changed, just kept being renewed till he retires.
Must be nice to have guaranteed raises regardless of actual performance. I'll remember that the next time Holder raises ticket prices.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I also think it's worth mentioning Gundy's contract has better job security built in. There's more to a contract than the bottom line.

Aug 16, 2005
To associate the coaches salary with team results is one thing that over time works itself out. To demand a guaranteed level of success with salary is wrong on its face due to the factors over which he has no control.. transfers, injury early pro defections, etc.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
To associate the coaches salary with team results is one thing that over time works itself out. To demand a guaranteed level of success with salary is wrong on its face due to the factors over which he has no control.. transfers, injury early pro defections, etc.
Winning should correlate with salary but really salary is a measure of fear of losing a coach. Our AD knows how it would play with the masses, especially at the time Gundy worked his last fat raise, Holder wasn't in the mood to lose a basketball and football head coach in the same year.

I like Gundy, I really like that he runs a clean program and believe he is a good coach. All that aside, I think his best skill is marketing himself.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
It must be nice to be able to hunt turtles and rattlesnakes.... no worries about job security. Automatic raises that are more than what most people make in a year. We all should have been OSU coaches

Jan 8, 2009
Plano
Gundy has produced better teams then his requiring classes suggest he will. He is one of the few coaches who does more with less. Could he recruit better? I am seeing a slight decline in recruiting class quality but more than pleased with the results. He has built us into a program that is respected nationally. For example, we tend to be higher rated in the coahes poll than the sports writers poll.

We had a few great years before Gundy took over but we had seesaw success as we were a revolving door of coaches heading to bigger things. I like the long term rather consistent success Grundy has brought us. I am too quick to call him out when we have a year like this. He has more than earned our patience when we have a down year as this past one was. I am nervous going into next year with the recruiting classes recently but I have learned to have faith in Gundy because more often than most coaches he delivers.

If we want a top football program over the long term he is the horse we need to ride to get their. He has earned his money.... doubt anyone on this board could produce half the victories per year he has. He has delivered and earned what he makes

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
It must be nice to be able to hunt turtles and rattlesnakes.... no worries about job security. Automatic raises that are more than what most people make in a year. We all should have been OSU coaches
Be a farmer. You always have work. You're always hunting for something. You're always raising something.

Trying to be sarcastic about someone else's hobbies should only be done while playing golf and drinking beer...

Apr 13, 2007
I never understood why anyone thought hunting rattlesnakes was anything other than fun.

When I was a kid around 1959 the Army Rangers at Camp Rudder on Eglin would come to the rattlesnake rodeo in Freeport, kill, skin, and batter fry a lot of the rattlers. All you could eat for free. I never could bring myself to eat it but those who did said it was delicious. The meat looked white when cooked.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I never understood why anyone thought hunting rattlesnakes was anything other than fun.

When I was a kid around 1959 the Army Rangers at Camp Rudder on Eglin would come to the rattlesnake rodeo in Freeport, kill, skin, and batter fry a lot of the rattlers. All you could eat for free. I never could bring myself to eat it but those who did said it was delicious. The meat looked white when cooked.
taste like a mix of catfish and chicken..pretty good.