Gundy post game presser

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
What does that even mean? I'm not the one making excuses for a crap coach. Y'all are the biggest cry babies in sports and we will always be little brother because of it.
IF being "little brother" is losing to ou in football...the entire conference is pretty much little brother for the past decade or two.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Like him or not but Urban Meyer said it best the other day. College football begins with and ends with recruiting. Gundy is now pretty lazy in recruiting IMO. At the same time I don’t ever really expect to beat OU. Let’s be real for a moment.. did anyone really expect Gundy to win last night?
I thought we might make it a game due to the way we were playing the past four games...but our defense didn't show up much early and our offense is hamstrung without two of it's top playmakers. I underestimated our need from uber athletic guys like Wallace and Sanders. With both of those guys it would have been far closer and we "may" have pulled it out.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Maybe your like Dexter when he graduated OSU. He couldn't read either
What do you mean. He's telling people to keep their crap out of the public forum, and you said "Damn Straight" like you agreed with him. I'm just making a point that it's only when something goes wrong that many people who never post in the public forums, come out and rant here.

Jan 9, 2012
Stillwater, OK
What do you mean. He's telling people to keep their crap out of the public forum, and you said "Damn Straight" like you agreed with him. I'm just making a point that it's only when something goes wrong that many people who never post in the public forums, come out and rant here.
I dont think he speaks English well. Sounds like a trailer trash Gooner who got lost.

Nov 14, 2010
Tulsa would love to have a winning program...what's your point?
That....
As I said......
This is Big Boy football

As evidenced that a place like Tulsa would love to have 56,000 fans at their games that pay a lot of money for tickets and tgus aren't happy when when they see what they sae last night.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That....
As I said......
This is Big Boy football

As evidenced that a place like Tulsa would love to have 56,000 fans at their games that pay a lot of money for tickets and tgus aren't happy when when they see what they sae last night.
Yes they would love to have Big Boy football in Tulsa and they, just like us, wouldn't be happy either, none of us are "happy" about last nights game. Some of us are just semi realistic and hopeful for the bowl and next year, while others seem to only care about this game.

Nov 14, 2010
IF being "little brother" is losing to ou in football...the entire conference is pretty much little brother for the past decade or two.
Its as much about how we lost as anything else which is something many of us have seen too many times under Gundy and we're tired of it.

Nov 14, 2010
Yes they would love to have Big Boy football in Tulsa and they, just like us, wouldn't be happy either, none of us are "happy" about last nights game. Some of us are just semi realistic and hopeful for the bowl and next year, while others seem to only care about this game.
Raalistically, with the investment that has been made by OSU, and if Gundy is as great of a coach as some of you claim he Is, we should have beaten OU more than twice in his term.

Realistically, we should have played better in several games that we have lost under Gundy against them

Many of us, like myself, think that it's even realistic that this program can take the next level, which is a very positive way of thinking.

To do that, however, we would have to get over this OU problem at a much much much more consistent rate than we are right now.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Its as much about how we lost as anything else which is something many of us have seen too many times under Gundy and we're tired of it.
Jimmy Johnson Bedlam (0-5)
1979 38-7 OU
1980 64-14 OU
1981 27-3 OU
1982 27-9 OU
1983 21-20 OU, near victory that we should have won and were winning in the 4th
Pat Jones Bedlam (0-9-1) too lazy to write them all down

Most people would say these two coaches are two of the best in our history yet they NEVER won bedlam...at least Mike has 2 wins and was involved in the few (2) Miles wins (None of us are happy about all the losses). Got to get better...no one hates losing to those fair weather fans more than old timers like me.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Raalistically, with the investment that has been made by OSU, and if Gundy is as great of a coach as some of you claim he Is, we should have beaten OU more than twice in his term.

Realistically, we should have played better in several games that we have lost under Gundy against them

Many of us, like myself, think that it's even realistic that this program can take the next level, which is a very positive way of thinking.

To do that, however, we would have to get over this OU problem at a much much much more consistent rate than we are right now.
So how is crapping on our current, best ever in terms of record and tenure in the heyday of our programs history, head coach going to do that?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Comparing Bama fans bitching about Shula and Oklahoma State fans bitching about our all time winningest coach is a stupid comparison...sorry, that's just a fact.
One more time, he specifically asked if SEC fans bitched about their coaches on their forums. That's why I brought up Alabama. Here is his quote, Mr. I just want to argue.......

I don’t know, do SEC teams have public forums demeaning their coaches? Or is their dynasty built on being totally “ loyal and true”?

Nov 14, 2010
So how is crapping on our current, best ever in terms of record and tenure in the heyday of our programs history, head coach going to do that?
If you choose to think holding someone accountable for last nights game, previous OU games we've played and coached poorly, things that are, in my opinion, holding us back etc....is "crapping" on him that's your prerogative

He is not the best coach we've ever had in Bedlam, which is what this round of accountability is centered around.