Gundy post game presser

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2011
Gundy has talked to and bought into Pat Jones philosophy. Pat believes only traditional powers are entitled to win. He says all the time that coaches at OSU, Baylor, Kstate, etc should win 7-9 every year, say the right things about getting better, then laugh all the way to the bank. This is Gundy’s mentality.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
At this point, he has zero incentive to care. Dude makes $5mil+ in a great town and just has to go to a bowl game to be considered a success. He's stealing from the university, preying on our simpleton fanbase, and has probably killed any chance we had to break out of the low-mid tier of CFB. Its so sad....

OrangeCrush

Territorial Marshal
Oct 26, 2004
Gateway to the High Plains
Im getting tired of this 5 million dollar a year "cowboy culture ". We can hire a 1 million dollar a year coach to develop gentlemen and coach like he just wants to get to the whocares.com bowl.

We have once again overpaid our coach.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
Im getting tired of this 5 million dollar a year "cowboy culture ". We can hire a 1 million dollar a year coach to develop gentlemen and coach like he just wants to get to the whocares.com bowl.

We have that whocares.com bowl coach right now.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The post game presser after an 18 point loss is something he can't possibly make anyone happy. Whether he takes ownership and people say it's just more coach speak, or he throws players under the bus, it's not going to go over well.

Nov 14, 2010
At this point, he has zero incentive to care. Dude makes $5mil+ in a great town and just has to go to a bowl game to be considered a success. He's stealing from the university, preying on our simpleton fanbase, and has probably killed any chance we had to break out of the low-mid tier of CFB. Its so sad....
The problem is, he's put a solid program in place that pretty much guarantees we won't turn into a habitual cellar dweller either.

We were ranked with 3 losses coming into yesterday, which is a sign of respect for our program.

With the history of OSU football, and what's happened to our basketball program, many people are content with the latter

I understand why they feel that way, I just don't agree with it which is your scentiment as well.

Beat bad teams, beat 1 or 2 decent teams a yeat that are having a bad day, then win your non conference games.

Thats the trajectory we're on

Nov 14, 2010
The post game presser after an 18 point loss is something he can't possibly make anyone happy. Whether he takes ownership and people say it's just more coach speak, or he throws players under the bus, it's not going to go over well.
I agree for the most part.....
But.....
Did you ever hear Eddie after a loss in which he knew was going to sting our fans?

Or Josh Holliday
Or Gary Ward
Or even Mike Boynton

When they were done I was truly convinced they felt bad because they felt as if they had let their fans and players down.

Pokey

Banned
Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
We’ve come a long way baby, to get where we’ve got to today. If you aren’t old enough to remember this cigarette advertisement jingle, then you’re not old enough to remember how far we’ve come. It’s fine to want more, but to just bitch and moan about our coaches and university constantly is discouraging. It’s hard enough to take this loss without arm chair warriors pretending they are harbingers of all truth! OSU love it or leave it please, or at the very least keep your vindictive crap out of the forum that anyone can read. You make me sick.

Feb 18, 2009
Crazy how many older fans on the board last night called game when it was still one score affair. And they were right. I finally kicked my dad out of the room for making all his under the breath comments. “I’ve watched the same s***t for 50 years, game is over, we’re going to get blown out.......” he isn’t wrong, I just got tired of hearing it.

Then my coach goes into the press room and says the same stuff (using slightly different words) to justify why he and those older fans think the way they do about Bedlam. HCMG is part of that culture problem.

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
We’ve come a long way baby, to get where we’ve got to today. If you aren’t old enough to remember this cigarette advertisement jingle, then you’re not old enough to remember how far we’ve come. It’s fine to want more, but to just bitch and moan about our coaches and university constantly is discouraging. It’s hard enough to take this loss without arm chair warriors pretending they are harbingers of all truth! OSU love it or leave it please, or at the very least keep your vindictive crap out of the forum that anyone can read. You make me sick.
Damn straight!!!

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Crazy how many older fans on the board last night called game when it was still one score affair. And they were right. I finally kicked my dad out of the room for making all his under the breath comments. “I’ve watched the same s***t for 50 years, game is over, we’re going to get blown out.......” he isn’t wrong, I just got tired of hearing it.

Then my coach goes into the press room and says the same stuff (using slightly different words) to justify why he and those older fans think the way they do about Bedlam. HCMG is part of that culture problem.

So you're saying "okay Boomer"?

Nov 14, 2010
You came into a message board forum the morning after getting abused, again, on National TV to our rivals.

This defeatist mentality needs to be cycled out of our fan base

Last edited:

Pokey

Banned
Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Maybe OSU has a flag football team you can become a fan of

You came into a message board forum the morning after getting abused, again, on National TV to our rivals.

This defeatist mentality needs to be cycled out of our fan base
Bring it on forum stud muffin!!! Cycled out !!! Rofl Boy, if only our OSU was as perfect as you believe you and your opinions are we would win national championships every year. Please hold your breath till that happens.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Been on orangepower.com for 15 bedlam football games. This is exactly how bedlam threads went in 13 of those games. Your soapbox speech isn't changing a thing. People bitch, other people bitch about people bitching, then we repeat again the next year. Absolutely none of this is breaking new ground here.

Pokey

Banned
Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Been on orangepower.com for 15 bedlam football games. This is exactly how bedlam threads went in 13 of those games. Your soapbox speech isn't changing a thing. People bitch, other people bitch about people bitching, then we repeat again the next year. Absolutely none of this is breaking new ground here.
Or accomplishing anything of value. But people who have never coached a team cannot appreciate how complex the job can be. Stuff happens. It’s next man up. If any of these whiners were thrown into coaching at this level, they’d wet their pants!!!

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

Just hire a CEO for $2mil/yr that will run a clean program and use the remaining money to hire top notch coordinators every two years and let them do their job.