Herp Derp Gundy - Look at me again

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2008
you are the reason ou fans refer to OSU as "little brother"............. just switch sides already, your inferiority complex is exhausting............
Ah, yes the typical line from cro. I have been an OSU fan for over 30 years and not to mention my whole family attended OSU. I am sorry but I have never seen an OSU coach act so scared against a rival. I guess the company line is accept it or fear the backlash. Not working.

Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Ah, yes the typical line from cro. I have been an OSU fan for over 30 years and not to mention my whole family attended OSU. I am sorry but I have never seen an OSU coach act so scared against a rival. I guess the company line is accept it or fear the backlash. Not working.
oh wow, your OSU resume IS impressive indeed........... complain away sir, i had no idea you had been an OSU fan for 30 years........... you have earned the right to be an incessant whiner........... i appologize.

yawn............

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I have no problem with Gundy having fun but this just proves a lot of people’s point that he doesn’t really take them seriously. It’s almost like he assumes we are going to lose the game and nothing we can do would change the outcome.

Either way, I don’t really have an issue with him having fun around the homecoming hoops but for a bob stoops tribute? To a guy you only beat twice in 13 years?

Sep 20, 2017
Texas
Ugh. Its sad when your coach looks crazier than Dana Holgersen.
I like the way he thinks outside the box and really appreciate what he contributes to OSU and the community. Without researching, I’m willing to bet he does more for OSU $ wise than any other coach does for their respective school.

I don’t like him taking his shirt off. That’s just juvenile at best. Becoming a laughing stock IMO. I also don’t like how he folds and goes in the cradle position in games when he thinks we are overmatched.

I’ve already accepted we won’t ever win anything with him as HC. Doesn’t mean I like it or won’t point it out.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Everybody keep telling him how cute everything he does is, and someday he'll be taking his pants off and posting it online in honor of ML King day.

Seriously the fan reaction from outside our echo chamber is mostly just shrug it off as Gundy being Gundy again.

Oct 30, 2007
Recruiting class rankings by year;
2016 - 45th
2017 - 38th
2018 - 33rd

I've heard a lot of people say that Coach Gundy is just doing this stuff to provide exposure for recruiting. I'm not sure there's a direct correlation, but our classes have been improving. I'm happy for him. I think he's finally reached a place where he's happy and content with where he's at in his career.

Apr 27, 2006
2016 - 45th
2017 - 38th
2018 - 33rd

I've heard a lot of people say that Coach Gundy is just doing this stuff to provide exposure for recruiting. I'm not sure there's a direct correlation, but our classes have been improving. I'm happy for him. I think he's finally reached a place where he's happy and content with where he's at in his career.
Dream on, he will be demanding more 8 months from now,

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
2016 - 45th
2017 - 38th
2018 - 33rd

Happy? Last season he once again entertained other head coaching offers just after signing a new contract which had been left on his desk unsigned for months.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Happy? Last season he once again entertained other head coaching offers just after signing a new contract which had been left on his desk unsigned for months.
Because he was wanting other things in his new contract, not money for himself, but for his assistants, increased recruiting budget and other odds and ends. He has a funny way (albeit hair pulling sometimes) of getting what he wants to continue to move the program forward.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
"Entertained"?

Apparently you know more about those conversations than i do.

It was reported he turned down $7 mil to stay.

Oct 30, 2007
Dream on, he will be demanding more 8 months from now,
I've followed Coach Gundy's career pretty closely ever since he was named head coach. I've heard a lot of his press conferences throughout the years. For the majority of his career, he's seemed unhappy. He always seemed tense and stressed. He didn't get along with the media very well. There was always an adversarial tone with the in-state media.Over the past year or two he's changed a lot. He jokes and laughs a lot more with the media at press conferences now. He just seems to be at a point where he's happy and content with where he's at in his coaching career.

He's proven time and time again that he'll use leverage to increase his salary. It gets old, but I've come to expect it. I bet he'll retire here though.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
He's proven time and time again he'll use leverage to increase his salary. It gets old, but I've come to expect it. I bet he'll retire here though.
I suspect he's done playing that hand for a while. Until he can prove runner up in the conference is not his ceiling $5 mil is probably going to pacify him.

Mar 8, 2010
Gundy definitely has a career in marketing once he retires from coaching. Classic how he always gets people talking OSU when the gooners appear to have a corner on the media market with a special game or event. I like it. Way to go Coach MIke!

Status
Not open for further replies.