Gundy is your head coach.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Weird... right???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just heads up, the virus will still be around July 1. When Log has your guys come back, they'll be tested exactly like ours were. It's step 1 in the return plan. You don't bring them back and then test. You have them test back home and then report if healthy. From there, you have mitigation practices implimented on campus and continue testing as necessary. It's a simple contingency plan. We've had one for months. Ya'll just got around to writing yours and will look to others for help. Enjoy being a month behind and not understanding why.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Just heads up, the virus will still be around July 1. When Log has your guys come back, they'll be tested exactly like ours were. It's step 1 in the return plan. You don't bring them back and then test. You have them test back home and then report if healthy. From there, you have mitigation practices implimented on campus and continue testing as necessary. It's a simple contingency plan. We've had one for months. Ya'll just got around to writing yours and will look to others for help. Enjoy being a month behind and not understanding why.
From all accounts, OU is on the path they had planned for in the first place. They certainly arent behind, and starting July 1 will have no impact on their continued ownership of the conference.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From all accounts, OU is on the path they had planned for in the first place. They certainly arent behind, and starting July 1 will have no impact on their continued ownership of the conference.
I know this is difficult to comprehend, but I'll try to explain it to you it terms you may understand. If somebody starts smoking a bowl on June 1st and you start smoking a bowl on July 1st, you are behind. #midnightwelcher

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Notice this thread is dead. If OU fans had any actual ammo to throw about this suspension they’d be all over it
Their fans aren't obsessed with perceived moral victories. They know Riley is busy figuring out a way to win their millionth straight conference championship while we're patting ourselves on the back for allowing a few players to come in early and order pizza from their dorm room instead of their own bedroom. Come October that'll be the difference in Bedlam.

OctaviusRexLTH

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Their fans aren't obsessed with perceived moral victories. They know Riley is busy figuring out a way to win their millionth straight conference championship while we're patting ourselves on the back for allowing a few players to come in early and order pizza from their dorm room instead of their own bedroom. Come October that'll be the difference in Bedlam.
Lol is that why OU fans were over here slamming Mike Gundy for his earlier coronavirus comments?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I know this is difficult to comprehend, but I'll try to explain it to you it terms you may understand. If somebody starts smoking a bowl on June 1st and you start smoking a bowl on July 1st, you are behind. #midnightwelcher
And the response is : From all accounts, OU is on the path they had planned for in the first place. They certainly arent behind, and starting July 1 will have no impact on their continued ownership of the conference.

Some of your fans think this will make some sort of difference. It wont. it'll be more of the same.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
And the response is : From all accounts, OU is on the path they had planned for in the first place. They certainly arent behind, and starting July 1 will have no impact on their continued ownership of the conference.

Some of your fans think this will make some sort of difference. It wont. it'll be more of the same.
me personally...having a two week head start makes very little difference IMO. Don’t know why our fans think it will. July and August is plenty of time for players to get in shape IMO. Notre Dane is bringing their players back on the 22nd as well as northwestern. If this was a big deal OU would be heavily scrutinized...but I haven’t seen it. Would be nice to win another championship...honestly I think this is Gundy’s best and likely last chance IMO

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
me personally...having a two week head start makes very little difference IMO. Don’t know why our fans think it will. July and August is plenty of time for players to get in shape IMO. Notre Dane is bringing their players back on the 22nd as well as northwestern. If this was a big deal OU would be heavily scrutinized...but I haven’t seen it. Would be nice to win another championship...honestly I think this is Gundy’s best and likely last chance IMO
This is one of those "The stars and planets are aligning" type of seasons that gundy needs to win the conference. But I suspect the defense will let them down again causing what could be a great season to only be 'very good'. I know how it feels when the defense lets you down

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012

Which is July 1st, ONE.MONTH.BEHIND

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Behind, what, exactly? Clearly, not behind on their own plans. You seem to take issue with the timing of their plans. Look, maybe osu needs the extra few weeks, i get it. Not everyone has the same mountain to climb over.
Behind the majority of other schools begining training. I don't know what is so hard to comprehend. Maybe it will have no bearing on any games this year, but any way you want to cut it, THEY ARE BEHIND BECAUSE THEY STARTED A MONTH BEHIND MOST OTHERS. It is really not that complicated for most people.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Behind the majority of other schools begining training. I don't know what is so hard to comprehend. Maybe it will have no bearing on any games this year, but any way you want to cut it, THEY ARE BEHIND BECAUSE THEY STARTED A MONTH BEHIND MOST OTHERS. It is really not that complicated for most people.
They're starting when they want to start. What's the problem? I dont know what's so hard to comprehend. It has no bearing on any games this year. It's really not that complicated for most people.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Taking bedlam out of the equation. Having a half month extra time to sort out how COVID 19 is going to effect the team I would think would make a huge difference for any team. It’s only logical. To me it would seem that it should put Those who don’t take advantage of an extra half month a little behind.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
On the flip side of that, an extra 2 weeks of letting any virus cases run their course has its own benefits. And it's not like players aren't already back in town now, or havent been working out all summer already. At the end of the day, it will have no bearing on the season. OU could start up in august and still own the conference.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
On the flip side of that, an extra 2 weeks of letting any virus cases run their course has its own benefits. And it's not like players aren't already back in town now, or havent been working out all summer already. At the end of the day, it will have no bearing on the season. OU could start up in august and still own the conference.
OU will be behind on handling covid and they will be behind in conditioning and reps.
It’s not hard to understand.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
OU will be behind on handling covid and they will be behind in conditioning and reps.
It’s not hard to understand.
They’re right where they want to be. And they still win the conference. Again. It’s not hard to understand. You’re trying too hard.