Gundy is your head coach.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
It’s funny you joke about Riley whenever Gundy’s whole schtick is about being an overrated side show. I’m sure Gundy will turn a corner soon though. 16 is his magic number, I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I so miss the old days when you just slobbered you're love for boob, idolized half-baked and didn't sound so desperate
Funny how a guy who talks like a third grader is judging someone for sounding desperate

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Leaving this here.

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1263194290748096515

A June 1 return is the most ridiculous thing Lincoln Riley has ever heard.
Heaven forbid, that Riley is more concerned about public health than football. I had a co-worker die from covid three weeks ago. There’s bigger things going on than sports.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Heaven forbid, that Riley is more concerned about public health than football. I had a co-worker die from covid three weeks ago. There’s bigger things going on than sports.

I don't believe anyone's claimed that nobody's died from this, but thanks for that tidbit about a co-worker.

Dems & Repubs both actually agree that sports needs to move ahead, but you virtue signal to your heart's contents, while remaining an idiot about the fact that sports moving forward & concern about health & safety aren't mutually exclusive. Keep those blinders on!

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Bigger things then sports you say? I wonder if that's what all battered women and OU fans thought after OU players assaulted female students on campus and next to nothhing happened to the assaulters.

I knew someone on their death bed. Thankfully, he survived. I knew another that passed away. Very sad, but both are/were elderly and high ask. I've also developed and implimented COVID-19 contingency plans for return to work. These plans were not for a bunch of young and healthy, low risk athletes either. It's definitely not an all or nothing apporach to the return and it will be the same for cfb teams.

States are opening and seeing success in their precautions. The retrun is optional for players if they feel unsafe. They are already extrememly low risk, but should still mitigate upon return, which teams should have procedures in place for. I'd hope my coach hasn't been sitting on his hands and has been working with other knowledeble people to devise and prepare for a mitigation plan to impliment upon return. Further, high risk staffers should not return and should stay home.

While there are more important things then football, that doesn't mean you have to take an all or nothing approach. Teams can take baby steps in returning players to campus. Just because they show up June 1, 2020 doesn't mean they are conducting things like it's June 1, 2019.

It's going to be hilarous when Riley eats his own shit and has the team back June 1 or shortly thereafter. It'll be hilaroius when your tune changes during that time as well! Y'all have always been the best hypocrisy!

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
It's going to be hilarous when Riley eats his own shit and has the team back June 1 or shortly thereafter. It'll be hilaroius when your tune changes during that time as well! Y'all have always been the best hypocrisy!
It'll be hilarious when we look back on it and his and yours and my opinion in hindsight dont really matter. But, the question is, will it be any more or less hilarious than the 6-0 record Riley will have calling plays against gundy?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
It'll be hilarious when we look back on it and his and yours and my opinion in hindsight dont really matter. But, the question is, will it be any more or less hilarious than the 6-0 record Riley will have calling plays against gundy?
Can't be 6-0 when you're too big of a pussy to return to football because you can't figure out how to keep a bunch of low risk people safe.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Will give credit where it is due.. Looks like Log swallowed his pride and decided July 1 is not the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard in regards to a return to campus for the players. Lots of risk must be going away over the next 30some days. We all know he didn't have to do that.

It'll be interesting to see if conditioning plays a factor for certain teams this year. I'm glad our coach has been prepared for a June return since April. It's finally a year that I'm not so annoyed with a cupcake schedule and early bye. Those four weeks in Stillwater will help conditioning.

But anyway.. good on Log.