Gundy griping thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

rev2

Greenhorn
Nov 25, 2008
Not this crap again.
So when? When the program is 48 the in recruiting? When we can't win the games we're suppose to? When we let Freshman QB's beat us? When we go to some tiolette bowl game? When we can't contend for Big 12 championships? Open your eyes, we're there.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So when? When the program is 48 the in recruiting? When we can't win the games we're suppose to? When we let Freshman QB's beat us? When we go to some tiolette bowl game? When we can't contend for Big 12 championships? Open your eyes, we're there.
We were one game away from it three of the last four years...sure we had a bad year this year...but we are at least a full horrible season away from any decision involving the head coach...he needs to make some changes and win the bowl game and move on to a positive off season. I think we will be back to winning 8-10 games next year and perhaps challenging for the championship again soon.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Hey Poke fans,
If you like getting beat 10 of the last 11 games you were favored in, if you like 6-6 seasons, if you good athletes leaving the program, if you like the spotlight on your coach for his haircut and spray tan intead of contending for championships (like they do down in Norman), then keep the things just they way they are. It's been said the defintion of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. It's time for change. It starts at the top. You've got to win to contend. Let's be real, it ain't happening.
1543339896704.png

Oct 30, 2007
Hey Poke fans,
If you like getting beat 10 of the last 11 games you were favored in, if you like 6-6 seasons, if you good athletes leaving the program, if you like the spotlight on your coach for his haircut and spray tan intead of contending for championships (like they do down in Norman), then keep the things just they way they are. It's been said the defintion of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. It's time for change. It starts at the top. You've got to win to contend. Let's be real, it ain't happening.
No one's happy with 6-6. The fact that we've lost 8 games over the past 2 years that we were favored in is very troubling to me, but it isn't as bad as you say. We went 4-5 this season against teams we were favored to beat. We went 10-3 last season against teams we were favored to beat.

Every team has defections. I'm much more worried about our inability to recruit game changing talent on the defensive side of the ball than transfers.

I agree with the concept that you shouldn't do the same thing over and over and expect different results. Change has happened over the past 2 years. I very much believe that Coach Henson will sure up our offensive line once his recruits are ready to go. I'm hopeful that our defense will get better as the players adjust to Coach Knowles' system. Coach Yurcich had too many empty recruiting classes behind Rudolph, but it looks like he's bouncing back with Sanders & Costello.

The one change I would look hard at making is with special teams and our defensive secondary coaches. Coach Duffy and Coach Hammerschmidt have both been here a few seasons, and neither has put a quality product on the field. We're regularly ranked near the bottom of the country in pass defense. It might beneficial to cut them loose and let Coach Knowles and pick their replacement with coaches that know his system. It might also be quite beneficial if one of those coaches had special teams experience so that he could pull double duty like Joe DeForest back when he coached ST's and safeties.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Hey Poke fans,

rev2

Greenhorn
Nov 25, 2008
Hey Poke fans,
For all of you dislikers, keep drink'in the Orange CoolAid.

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
Mikey the Mullet didn't seem that upset last night. He has had lots of experience accepting bad outcomes and he is a man.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Mikey the Mullet didn't seem that upset last night. He has had lots of experience accepting bad outcomes and he is a man.
He has ONE year of bad outcomes if the goal is making a bowl....He's had three or four if the goal is finishing in the top 20. So, no he's just not had that many bad outcomes. If winning the conference title or national title is the only good outcome than 99% of the coaches in the conference have lots of years of bad outcomes.