Gundy comment on fans

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Nor would the program as we enjoy it today...seriously man, you know what he meant and you know that he thinks we have great fans as he has stated over and over numerous times...He made a very small misspeak (in some peoples minds) and some of you can't let it go...that's freaking petty and has way more to do with dislike overall for Gundy rather than what he said this one time....just admit it. If it had not been this the boo birds would find some other minor detail they disagree with.
You're finally getting it. That's all I've said here, so good to see you agree.

Nov 14, 2010
The REAL question here is WHY are you so obsessed with this NOTHING of a comment!

Who cares what you think he should have said...he sure as hell doesn't care what you think. I don't blame him for that at all.

Move on...you are being a negative Nancy over NOTHING.
Classic deflection as described earlier in this thread

Here was your quote
" I also understand that people have diverse opinions. I and others don't like those dissenting opinions sometimes, because I feel they are detrimental to the program"

So....
I asked how my statement on what he should have said is detrimental to the program.

Making sure to include that it was
my 2nd comment in the entire thread on the 1st page.

Then...
The twist
Telling other posters to move on while YOU keep posting

Also....
You've blown right past the fact that I've already stated that this comment, in isolation, is not a big deal. But, it in combination with the other things he's done this year, and in the face of the climate of going 6-6 and having the recruiting class we just had, all in combination is where the problem is.

Classic, classic diversionary techniques

Last edited:

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Classic deflection as described earlier in this thread

Here was your quote
" I also understand that people have diverse opinions. I and others don't like those dissenting opinions sometimes, because I feel they are detrimental to the program"

So....
I asked how my statement on what he should have said is detrimental to the program.

Making sure to include that it was
my 2nd comment in the entire thread on the 1st page.

Then...
The twist
Telling other posters to move on while YOU keep posting

Also....
You've blown right past the fact that I've already stated that this comment, in isolation, is not a big deal. But, it in combination with the other things he's done this year, and in the face of the climate of going 6-6 and having the recruiting class we just had, all in combination is where the problem is.

Classic, classic diversionary techniques
Well first off we went 7-6 and won our bowl game over an 8-4 SEC team NOT freaking 6-6!! This Oklahoma State team beat top 10 teams when they played them in Texas and WVU not to mention took the Heisman trophy winner to the verge of a home loss in Norman after losing perhaps the best QB and WR's in our history and a ton of Seniors last year. Do we want to beat all the teams on our schedule? Certainly...and we aren't overjoyed with 7-6 due to some of the crazy losses this year...but some of us have our bearings and know where we have come from and are hopeful about where we are going.

Secondly, it's totally obvious you have an axe to grind with our coach on all sorts of levels regarding his job performance and think you (ha!)...or someone else, could do a better job. However, as a 50 plus year fan of this school and it's football program, that's absurd...not just stupid and negative.

I only keep posting on this thread so that your negative Nancy as* isn't the last representation of the fans of Oklahoma State University and our opinion of our coach on this board....Btw, this program is lead by Coach Gundy, and if you are indeed an OSU fan, you better hope and pray it continues to be...but you seem to think you know better than the guy who runs the program every day for the last 15-years what is best...so by all means go ahead and continue to show your arrogant hind quarters and post again.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Yep, I have a strong opinion in that I believe "fans" should support our head coach and his staff and that they should, most often, mirror his mindset. That's how Culture and a fan following works. That being said, I also understand that people have diverse opinions. I and others don't like those dissenting opinions sometimes, because I feel they are detrimental to the program, so I attempt to counter them. So, yep, I also often respond in kind to those who attack our coach...Always have, always will...that's what "fans" (by definition) do. Of course there is a line where if the coach steps over it I stop supporting them...like supporting illegal behavior, exhibiting a "win at all cost" mentality, abusing players, making the game bigger than life itself. All those things would have me stop supporting the coach...but this coach isn't that person currently and, in fact, actively explains that all the time...so I just have to stand up to those who seem to want him to be a win at all cost guy.

The REAL question here is WHY are you so obsessed with this NOTHING of a comment!

Who cares what you think he should have said...he sure as hell doesn't care what you think. I don't blame him for that at all.

Move on...you are being a negative Nancy over NOTHING.

You said fans should mirror Gundy's mindset. Gundy doesn't care about what we think apparently, so why do you?