Gundy comment on fans

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Since this is not a personal attack, I'll reciprocate the sentiment

Personally, those sentences sound deranged to me.
Not recognizing your own derangement is a sign of derangement
whiff..... fail... SMH

I didn't bring up derangement... you did.

Is that not fact? Isn't calling others deranged, a fairly deranged approach to conversation?

"You're deranged, but I'm not!!" my lord.

try making a few posts about a topic without the "your deranged" drama queen slant. That might help.

Nov 14, 2010
Another classic Cali deflection using dramatic terms and a completely twisted version of what actually happened

So...
Here's what actually happened....
This was your original quote

personally, all three of those sentences sound deranged to me.

My response
Questions...
Their expectations are deranged because they expect more than 6-6 with a coach that is making $5 million a year?

Or that we expect better recruiting?

What is deranged about that?

Then, in response to your comment I said...

Nice try at deflection Cali

the dramatic "my Lord" was a good touch

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2010
When dealing with these guys like Cali and the rest of the mob mentality of several other posters on display in this thread and many others, you have to be very specific so as not to give them the ability to make generalizations to deflect.

For instance, when they twist your words, or how events actually occurred, they attempt to drag the conversation through the weeds

And....
Then comes the sarcasm

It gives them the ability to deflect everything you say by drawing things out and forcing you to explain yourself over and over wearing the topic out, thus getting your point lost in the mix.

The more the thread goes on, the more sarcastic they get to bait you into saying something away from the point.

They also will use massive generalizations in an attempt to frustrate you into making a comment that will allow them to shift focus.

For those of you who are not part of this mob mentality, go back through this threads and it's very easy to see.

For those of you that are....
Continue to fire away

Last edited:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Another classic Cali deflection using dramatic terms and a completely twisted version of what actually happened

So...
Here's what actually happened....
This was your original quote

personally, all three of those sentences sound deranged to me.

My response
Questions...
Their expectations are deranged because they expect more than 6-6 with a coach that is making $5 million a year?

Or that we expect better recruiting?

What is deranged about that?

Then, in response to your comment I said...

Nice try at deflection Cali

the dramatic "my Lord" was a good touch
the sentences do sound deranged to me.... I did not say that you are deranged for making them.

I did not say that who ever made those statements is deranged.

The statements themselves sound deranged. If you identify with them, then that's not on me.

sorry you feel like you're deranged.

Nov 14, 2010
the sentences do sound deranged to me.... I did not say that you are deranged for making them.

The statements themselves sound deranged. If you identify with them, then that's not on me.

Tosorry you feel like you're deranged.
Example 4

Notice the sarcasm

But, to the point
You completely skipped the comment in question.

So. . Here it is again

"Not recognizing your own derangement is a sign of derangement"

So....
As I said competely twisting the actual occurrence so as to drag it through the weeds some more in an attempt to muddy it up.

Classic Cali

Right on Cue

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Example 4

Notice the sarcasm

But, to the point
You completely skipped the comment in question.

So. . Here it is again

"Not recognizing your own derangement is a sign of derangement"

So....
As I said competely twisting the actual occurrence so as to drag it through the weeds some more in an attempt to muddy it up.

Classic Cali

Right on Cue
okay.. I give, I give.

I agree with you, you are deranged (for pursuing this nonsense).

Nov 14, 2010
okay.. I give, I give.

I agree with you, you are deranged (for pursuing this nonsense).
Example 5
More sarcasm in the face of being proven wrong

Despite post 82 and the initial comment he made, that I showed this is his twist to create with will placed sarcasm to create diversion

Then the "I give" stuff despite the fact that he's still posting..

Last edited:

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
When dealing with these guys like Cali and the rest of the mob mentality of several other posters on display in this thread and many others, you have to be very specific so as not to give them the ability to make generalizations to deflect.

For instance, when they twist your words, or how events actually occurred, they attempt to drag the conversation through the weeds

And....
Then comes the sarcasm

It gives them the ability to deflect everything you say by drawing things out and forcing you to explain yourself over and over wearing the topic out, thus getting your point lost in the mix.

The more the thread goes on, the more sarcastic they get to bait you into saying something away from the point.

They also will use massive generalizations in an attempt to frustrate you into making a comment that will allow them to shift focus.

For those of you who are not part of this mob mentality, go back through this threads and it's very easy to see.

For those of you that are....
Continue to fire away
Nice game plan coach...

BoutDemPokes

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
Madison, MS

sorry you feel like you're deranged.
I don't feel deranged at all for not reading every other one of the previous pages

I did laugh out loud when I read this reply and also put Herecomesbullet on ignore never having read another post from him..............think that makes me either deranged or at the very least a closed minded baby boomer

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I don't feel deranged at all for not reading every other one of the previous pages

I did laugh out loud when I read this reply and also put Herecomesbullet on ignore never having read another post from him..............think that makes me either deranged or at the very least a closed minded baby boomer
I think it makes you smarter than the average bear.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I cannot believe that anyone has a clue how the majority of the fans feel. Considering the number of overall fans, it would be impossible to know based on few that post on message boards or that we personally come in contact with. The 1,500 at the Iowa St. game last night stood and cheered when the announced Gundy in the crowd.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I cannot believe that anyone has a clue how the majority of the fans feel. Considering the number of overall fans, it would be impossible to know based on few that post on message boards or that we personally come in contact with. The 1,500 at the Iowa St. game last night stood and cheered when the announced Gundy in the crowd.
Several posters claimed to know what the majority of fans thought (RE: Page 3 of this thread). I assume you can't believe them, either, right?

But in the interest of accuracy (and to avoid hundreds of stupid posts like yours that I quoted), I will amend my statement to say, "Based on my experience, the 10-person derp mob on this board is not representative of the majority of OSU fans."

I have literally never encountered the sentiments expressed by the vocal minority on this board except for on this message board. Normal, real-life people that I talk with on a weekly basis don't seem to have the same trouble that folks on here do.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2009
Edmond, OK
There is really no other way to read that comment other than Gundy isn't concerned about what the fans think.

What a dumb thing to say in a public forum

The reporter didn't ask about X's and O's.

They asked about fans perception of the season.

I'll bet he'd care if those same fans stopped showing up and spending all the money they do to support his program.

Does he care what big donors think?

What a stupid comment

How about say

Hey, fans are great. Especially ours!

We sold out every home game this year which just shows how great our fans are.

They get really high with the highs and really low with the lows.

As the leader of this program I can't get caught up in that kind of a roller coaster because if I did it would affect how I did my my job.

And...
My job is to run this program as best I know how.

We've had a lot of success and we'll have success again.
Too bad you weren't there to coach him... never mind, he doesn't care... remember?