Herp Derp Gundy best coach in our history but...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Gundy quote that ran in the paper today...
"(Heard) made his plays, but I thought he would make more plays than that."

What!!!? So Gundy you think our defense and expect our defense to screw up. I'm so sick of that bullcrap. Talk like a winner. Gundy has become too conservative in his old age, I'm starting to wonder if he is a control freak in his old age.

Hired Yurcich who he could control. Yurcich is a complete idiot. He has no guts and he approaches the game like he is playing chess too much instead of football. Yurcich might know football to be fair but he simply is NOT a good play caller and he also doesn't know how to effectively communicate to his players.

Yurcich and Gundy have turned our offense into a puss offense. Yurcich inspires zero confidence in players and moxy.
Glenn Spencer does the opposite, gives his players moxy. Spencer is the anti-Yurcich. Love Spencer. Spencer, even though his defense won the game says, "The problem was outsmarting myself being so afraid of that QB, I didn't have the right personnel in. I'll learn from that." -Spencer

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Good grief. Chill, RF. A thread about this? Really?

Gundy gave a compliment to Heard. Even reading into Spencer's comments going into the game, he was very worried about Heard.

As for the Yurcich is an idiot spew.. C'mon, man.. You just said Gundy hired him to control him. If Gundy is controlling Yurcich than who's the idiot, according to your sentiment at least?

Don't cry over spilt milk. It makes this place look stupid.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Because I believe Yurcich worries about what is going to go wrong all the time. That's how. Yurcich is a good evaluator of QBs but a sucky OC
Lots of Gundy quotes saying he vetoed aggressive plays calls and made the decision to go conservative..

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Gundy quote that ran in the paper today...
"(Heard) made his plays, but I thought he would make more plays than that."

What!!!? So Gundy you think our defense and expect our defense to screw up. I'm so sick of that bullcrap. Talk like a winner. Gundy has become too conservative in his old age, I'm starting to wonder if he is a control freak in his old age.

Hired Yurcich who he could control. Yurcich is a complete idiot. He has no guts and he approaches the game like he is playing chess too much instead of football. Yurcich might know football to be fair but he simply is NOT a good play caller and he also doesn't know how to effectively communicate to his players.

Yurcich and Gundy have turned our offense into a puss offense. Yurcich inspires zero confidence in players and moxy.
Glenn Spencer does the opposite, gives his players moxy. Spencer is the anti-Yurcich. Love Spencer. Spencer, even though his defense won the game says, "The problem was outsmarting myself being so afraid of that QB, I didn't have the right personnel in. I'll learn from that." -Spencer
:facepalm::derp::facepalm::derp::facepalm::derp:
:lol:
Are you kidding me? Of all the things you could bitch about, this is what you came up with?
Good Gawd!

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
Lots of Gundy quotes saying he vetoed aggressive plays calls and made the decision to go conservative..
This statement makes me cringe. Going conservative almost lost us that game because we didn't get any offensive production from it. I hope Gundy sees that now but I have a feeling he will continue to do this.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Yes I agree. now that I read what is going on. Then it's Gundy's fault. I only can hope that Gundy realizes along with Yurcich that we have to pass to setup the run. NOT the other way around.

I can only hope it was texas game and we though two mistakes made it a close game. However, in the future we have to not going into a shell after a mistake or two. Perhaps we can do that some Saturday or against KU at home at times. Those two games but other than that, we have to stop forcing the run and being so conservative.

Rudolph sucked for a couple quarters Saturday but long term he is the best chance this team has to win game in/game out. Gotta pass and quit this conservative crap.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
This statement makes me cringe. Going conservative almost lost us that game because we didn't get any offensive production from it. I hope Gundy sees that now but I have a feeling he will continue to do this.
Read in to it.. It was gutsy, almost insane, but it paid off. The staff saw some inconsistencies in Texas' punt teams and rolled the dice.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yes I agree. now that I read what is going on. Then it's Gundy's fault. I only can hope that Gundy realizes along with Yurcich that we have to pass to setup the run. NOT the other way around.

I can only hope it was texas game and we though two mistakes made it a close game. However, in the future we have to not going into a shell after a mistake or two. Perhaps we can do that some Saturday or against KU at home at times. Those two games but other than that, we have to stop forcing the run and being so conservative.

Rudolph sucked for a couple quarters Saturday but long term he is the best chance this team has to win game in/game out. Gotta pass and quit this conservative crap.
I get what you're saying.. But lets remember, this was MR's seventh start. He hadn't had a poor game yet and was due.. Just crazy how hot he started then went cold, hot, ice cold.. In hindsight, I'm glad Gundy elected to do what he did. It won us the game, but if I look back at how I felt when he made the QB indecisions.. Man, our run game is piss poor. Either let MR throw his way out of this in game funk he got in or let JW pull the trigger because we weren't running anywhere. Plus, another crucial JW fumble damn near cost us again. Nice hustle from him and nice poor hustle from the UT players just not picking up the damn ball and securing it right away.

Last edited: