Gundy ball and OUR team

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okstate5968

Orange Power Goddess
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 15, 2003
Stillwater
www.remembertheten.com
It's that time of year again. Time to kick off another season of OSU football.

But this is no ordinary year. This year marks the era of a new beginning. I find myself excited, nervous,and cautiously optimistic...all at the same time. In a time where student athletes are put on a pedastal and catered to, Coach Gundy has taken an admirable approach to putting an end to slackers. If you want to be part of this team... GUNDY'S team...then you have to play by his rules. I admire and respect Coach Gundy for molding men out of boys. It's a game he is teaching them to play...not just football...but the game of life.

But there is a price to pay for taking the high road, and since January, OSU football has paid it...over and over. All that aside, I find myself anxiously awaiting tomorrow's kickoff. I am giddy with anticipation at the thought of those young men, who have worked so hard this spring and summer, finally taking the field and showing the world what they are made of. I am encouraged by the work ethic of the team - players and coaches alike. I truly believe the sky is the limit for this team.

There will be naysayers and defeatists who will try to tell me OSU football has no chance this season...or they will be mediocre at best. Win, lose or draw...this team is so much more than mediocre. This team...OUR team... has already won in so many ways...and they haven't even taken the field. They have overcome injuries, handicaps, the loss of friends,teammates and a head coach, and the death of beloved Vernon Grant. The fact that they have been able to remain focused and take care of the task at hand makes them winners to me already.

So tomorrow when OSU takes the field, I will be there cheering on Gundy Ball, and all that encompasses. I'll stand along Hester and cheer for OUR team during The Walk. I'll cheer for the players on the field, and the ones who are just there in spirit. I'll sing the fight songs with a renewed pride, wave my arm after the first points are scored, and sing the alma mater when the game is done. And I'll keep doing all those things until the end of the season.

Good luck Coach Gundy. Good luck to our other new coaches. Good luck to OUR team.. Gundy's team... and God bless Vernon Grant...because you know he will be there too.

Jul 22, 2005
Stillwater - Home of the Cowboys!
Wonderful post, all I can add is an AMEN!!

I was thinking of Vernon this morning and realized the he isn't really gone. As long as we, as fans, continue to love our team and wear our orange and pump our team up - as long as the players come out and give it thier all and play with heart and conviction and at the end of the game, realize it was just a game and there is more to life - then Vernon will always be with us. He is forever a Cowboy, just like all of us. God Bless my Pokes!

......now let's play ball!!!!

Aug 14, 2005
Fantastic post, Goddess

Fight on, Cowboys, fight on!!!

I will never cheer for a team harder than I will cheer for this one, win or lose.

Jul 27, 2004
Clinton Okla
AnniePokely said:
Like my sig says!!!!

GUNDYBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the confusion, this is vetmedpoke. I'm in Clinton getting the pinstripes put on the smoker and I forgot to log Annie out before I posted.

Oh well, it's GUNDYBALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okstate5968

Orange Power Goddess
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 15, 2003
Stillwater
www.remembertheten.com
You can post it there...if you link it to here :D

I think I may have a screen name there, but it's been so long since I've been there, I don't know what it is!! You have my permission to post it anywhere.. but when you speak of me, speak kindly ;)

OP 9000

Administrator
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2003
Stillwater, OK
www.orangepower.com
This thread will be copied to the hall of fame after it has run it's course. If anyone else has any inspiring comments they would like to share before kickoff.. please do... and don't forget to visit the hall of fame to see other inspiring orange-flavored musings.

Thanks for starting it Becky, great post... and appreciate you sharing it with everyone Tuba.

bleedaggie

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Becky, you make me proud to be a Cowboy.

Ever thought of a career in some type of ministry? If I could give a "come to Jesus" message like that, there wouldn't be any heathen left! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.