Gundy’s comments today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I respect your opinion on the matter. Everyone see things differently. I wonder though, were you offended by the worldwide media calling it the Chinese or Wuhan coronavirus prior to the narrative shift after Trump started using the term? It seems to me that the outrage over this is media contrived.
I never heard it called the "chinese virus" till I'm guessing your guy said it. I guess we watch different news networks. Narrative never changed. Been offended since i first heard it.
So now we know. It’s Gundy’s “politics” that has your panties in a wad. Trump’s not “my guy” either, but labeling the virus doesn’t offend me in the least. But then again, I’m not a teenage girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
And just because Chad and Suzie called it the 'chinese flu' before doesn't make it ok.
You have a great point...Calling it Corona virus is unfair to the beer as well and has cuased the manufacture to stop production...

There's this old saying that you don't hear much anymore in our wussified America... "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me." The point of this phrase is that we need to be a little tougher than we are and able to withstand words...I would bet that far less Chinese are offended by the term than are Americans...we have become such a nation of pansies. Glad we aren't in a real war because I'm convinced that we would get our asses kicked because we would be more worried about who we offend than killing the enemy.

Oct 30, 2007
I never heard it called the "chinese virus" till I'm guessing your guy said it. I guess we watch different news networks. Narrative never changed. Been offended since i first heard it.
BBC guy. I trust a british accent any day over a raving deep state lunatic.
:lol: I guess I'll just leave these here...

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51221394
1586441871065.png

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51245680
1586444472933.png

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51194651
1586444540991.png

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Twitter's an unending stream of graffiti on a bathroom wall.
Anyone who thinks this is just OSU haters tweeting negative tweets is sadly mistaken. People love Twitter when it's favorable and hate it when it's not. My opinion is this is bigger than we think. It will blow over for now because there are more important things to worry about but when the subject of football comes back to serious levels this is going to rear it's ugly head in living rooms across the country. It's hard enough to recruit to Stillwater because of the national negative perception of our state but to actually have a high profile poster boy enforcing those perceptions will do long term damage.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Anyone who thinks this is just OSU haters tweeting negative tweets is sadly mistaken. People love Twitter when it's favorable and hate it when it's not. My opinion is this is bigger than we think. It will blow over for now because there are more important things to worry about but when the subject of football comes back to serious levels this is going to rear it's ugly head in living rooms across the country. It's hard enough to recruit to Stillwater because of the national negative perception of our state but to actually have a high profile poster boy enforcing those perceptions will do long term damage.
Who said anything about who posts what?

Twitter's a cesspool.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Gundy knows that all press is good press for tiny Stillwater and Oklahoma State...we are literally built on "I'm a man, I'm forty" coupled with Boone Pickens Money...Let me guess, you likely had an issues with that Rant as well?

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I've seen players family members tweet that this is the reason they love coach Gundy, so while you can speculate all you want about the damage done. There are mother's tweeting that they support their player's head coach.

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
I've seen players family members tweet that this is the reason they love coach Gundy, so while you can speculate all you want about the damage done. There are mother's tweeting that they support their player's head coach.
You make my point perfectly. We love twitter when it's favorable and hate it when it's not. I just know either way you see it, it's a very powerful platform. Good and bad can come from it and as you say some are tweeting positive comments but if you are truthful and read them all, it's 90% negative. We'll have to wait and see the total tangible affect it has. I'm not trying to pick personal fights, I'm trying to be realistic about the situation.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You make my point perfectly. We love twitter when it's favorable and hate it when it's not. I just know either way you see it, it's a very powerful platform. Good and bad can come from it and as you say some are tweeting positive comments but if you are truthful and read them all, it's 90% negative. We'll have to wait and see the total tangible affect it has. I'm not trying to pick personal fights, I'm trying to be realistic about the situation.
You're vastly overestimating that staying power of outrage on Twitter. It's an exhausting platform full of OMG! moments that pass like a fart in the wind.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Actually I was saying that the current players families don't have a problem with it as they have tweeted no the millions of trolls that give their opinions.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
In a slow sports cycle, our coach has once again drawn attention to our football program and the FACT that our coach is NOT a puss*. That, my friends, is a good/great thing...at least as long as football isn't touch football...which seems to be coming down the pike. It's freaking insane the thought police on this thing...even Ellen is catching hell for making a joke...It REALLY needs to stop...freedom of speech is FREEDOM...we lose it by this group think crap where people pile on folks they disagree with simply for having a different opinion. Those of you piling on are actual helping to silence freedom of speech. You can disagree all you want, but the piling on is just silly and uncalled for.