Gundy’s comments today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
As I posted earlier, I didn't think what he said was that bad. But there's a couple of things about starting practice on May 1st, or any time actually. You can test the kids, but for liability reasons, the University would probably require a doctor to sign off on resumption of practice. Which may or may not happen, until State and Federal authorities also give the okay. Also, it can't just be OSU starting back, it needs to be our upcoming opponents to have somebody play.
Pretty sure May 1st was his hope to bring his staff in and have players in by June 1st. This was his HOPE and how he would plan.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
Great modeling by doctors of doom Fauci and Birx.!I look forward to their daily pressers where any mention of going back to “normal” or a possible cure is resisted at all costs. We must never think about a hopeful future.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
Forget the politics, he made comments which literally placed football and money over the health and safety of his players. That is so wrong. Misplaced priorities. I'm sure he will say he didn't mean it that way, but that's what he said. He is being severely criticized all over the country, and rightfully so. Very disappointed in Mike Gundy right now.
We should never leave our house again in case we get sick!

Jan 17, 2011
They actually have a few guys who I like to read. Duckworth is good for wrestling stuff the Kyle that does recruiting is ok and Ragusa is decent at breaking down film.
When I click on an article an see it's by Porter I just click the x. I wish they'd post the author in the link but it's free OSU content so you get what you get.
to me, Boone is worse. He is just negative about everything and pulls the other in that direction.

Feb 5, 2007
I'm gonna say it. I'm not cool with "Chinese virus". I thought Gungy was better than that. When you make this pandemic political, deeping your toes in other stuff. I'm not cool with that. I put up with all the other stuff that was borderline embarrassing. Disappointed.

Oct 30, 2007
I'm gonna say it. I'm not cool with "Chinese virus". I thought Gungy was better than that. When you make this pandemic political, deeping your toes in other stuff. I'm not cool with that. I put up with all the other stuff that was borderline embarrassing. Disappointed.
It doesn't bother me. Just about every news organization in the world called it the Chinese or Wuhan coronavirus early on. Somehow it became a racist term when Trump started saying it.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
There are a lot of chinese families in Oklahoma. And a lot of dumbass ppl who will take that name to heart. Its borderline irresponsible. Maybe not even borderline.
You’re not alone. There is a substantial segment of the population just looking for any reason to be offended.

And guess who that offends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 5, 2007
Doesn't bother you that it has to be tagged to certain ppl while it afflicts everyone? We don't call Ebola the DR Congo flu, or the Spanish Flu the US flu. Yes it actually started in Kansas. Poor Spaniards, caught a bad wrap. There is no need to label a disease that is a worldwide pandemic. We all know where it started, we don't need a reminder. Gundy was dumb. I respect his personal ideology and opinions, but he should have shut his damn mouth. Have you seen all the negative recruiting out there?

OSU9953

Wrangler
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I’m sure it’ll affect recruiting to a degree...but it’s not like we’re recruiting high end talent to begin with and quite frankly that’s not changing anytime soon as long as Gundy is at the helm.

Feb 5, 2007
Have you been on twitter? Im sure its opposing team fans, but a lot of "who would let their kid play for a guy who wants to make the state money off unpaid athletes even if they are at risk."

Oct 30, 2007
And just because Chad and Suzie called it the 'chinese flu' before doesn't make it ok.
I respect your opinion on the matter. Everyone see things differently. I wonder though, were you offended by the worldwide media calling it the Chinese or Wuhan coronavirus prior to the narrative shift after Trump started using the term? It seems to me that the outrage over this is media contrived.

Feb 5, 2007
I respect your opinion on the matter. Everyone see things differently. I wonder though, were you offended by the worldwide media calling it the Chinese or Wuhan coronavirus prior to the narrative shift after Trump started using the term? It seems to me that the outrage over this is media contrived.
I never heard it called the "chinese virus" till I'm guessing your guy said it. I guess we watch different news networks. Narrative never changed. Been offended since i first heard it.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Back to possible practice start date.

I would think the Big 12 will let schools know when they can start practice??????

Oh forgive me, I should have said the Univ of Texas football department will let all the other schools know when they can start Spring Training. :p