Gundy’s comments today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
This whole season is now being played strictly to save teams from financial ruin. Any championship will most likely have an asterisk and more players will be opting out of late season and bowl games anyway. At best this season will be unique but far from gratifying. I see no reason to rush into something that may end up getting blown up down the road anyway.
The financial purpose is a big reason. But there are other reasons. Like, these guys love football and want to play. They only get a small window of their life to experience something like this. Seniors get one last shot at this. Anyone who has been on collegiate teams understands this is way more than finances. Otherwise, other fall sports wouldn't play either since most of them are financial liabilities.

And as we learn more, these athletes are at nearly zero risk. So let's play some ball!

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Heard an interesting statistic today. 1.7% of the US population lives in nursing homes, therefore, 98.3% do not. 54% of the deaths have been in that 1.7% sector. Statistically, there are an infinitesimal number of deaths among young people and not many healthy people either. I'm 75 and my death would not be an American tragedy. A good friend, who is 81 and very healthy was confirmed positive today, after being sick for only 3 days. Play ball!

Jan 14, 2006
Heard an interesting statistic today. 1.7% of the US population lives in nursing homes, therefore, 98.3% do not. 54% of the deaths have been in that 1.7% sector. Statistically, there are an infinitesimal number of deaths among young people and not many healthy people either. I'm 75 and my death would not be an American tragedy. A good friend, who is 81 and very healthy was confirmed positive today, after being sick for only 3 days. Play ball!
Your death would be a tragedy. We need more level headed Americans like you. Here's to many more good years to you and your friend. Go Pokes!