Gundy’s comments today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Gundy's tweet about bringing the players back is another media stunt to try and prove he was unfairly criticized over his timeline and he's hell bent to make it work even if it's just symbolic. It's part of the package of having Gundy as head coach so we live with it but from a realistic standpoint, having the players sit around on their thumbs for two weeks just for ego's sake, probably isn't striking fear into the Alabamas, Clemsons, and OU's of the world. For a fan to suggest that a team we've managed to beat 18 times in 112 tries "is being stupid to wait and I hope it shows up in a lot of L's," is naive at best. With this talent, just go win the Big 12 and then you won't have to try to convince people how smart you are. We all know why Dabo took far less criticism for his words and actions...because he wins championships. That's not a timeline that's the bottom line.

Last edited:

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Gundy's tweet about bringing the players back is another media stunt to try and prove he was unfairly criticized over his timeline and he's hell bent to make it work even if it's just symbolic. It's part of the package of having Gundy as head coach so we live with it but from a realistic standpoint, having the players sit around on their thumbs for two weeks just for ego's sake, probably isn't striking fear into the Alabamas, Clemsons, and OU's of the world. For a fan to suggest that a team we've managed to beat 18 times in 112 tries "is being stupid to wait and I hope it shows up in a lot of L's," is naive at best. With this talent, just go win the Big 12 and then you won't have to try to convince people how smart you are.
He was unfairly criticized if what he said was true.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
Gundy's tweet about bringing the players back is another media stunt to try and prove he was unfairly criticized over his timeline and he's hell bent to make it work even if it's just symbolic. It's part of the package of having Gundy as head coach so we live with it but from a realistic standpoint, having the players sit around on their thumbs for two weeks just for ego's sake, probably isn't striking fear into the Alabamas, Clemsons, and OU's of the world. For a fan to suggest that a team we've managed to beat 18 times in 112 tries "is being stupid to wait and I hope it shows up in a lot of L's," is naive at best. With this talent, just go win the Big 12 and then you won't have to try to convince people how smart you are. We all know why Dabo took far less criticism for his words and actions...because he wins championships. That's not a timeline that's the bottom line.
1590897702009.png

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Have you not read what they are doing? They are bringing them in over several days in groups. They are testing them and then they will be quarantined until the 15th. Then they will be allowed to use the facilities. This time will also allow them to familiarize themselves with the plans going forward. He's not bringing them in Monday for some stunt.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Bedwin's law.

Bedwin's law: If an online discussion about OSU athletics goes on long enough, eventually someone will bring up the historic disparity in the Bedlam series. At this point in the discussion the poster who referenced the Bedlam series record loses the debate.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You just can't stand that your dumbassery has been fully exposed, can you?

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I don't like the optics of schools across the country trying to one-up each other by starting practices early. It seems like they could come to a consensus if that was a goal.

I am not a scientist or a doctor; and I hope a high level of caution is being used. I remember being in college and would do a lot of stupid things (usually in pursuit of the opposite sex). I hope this experiment goes well. I have friends that have got sick from this. Covid 19 is no joke. Some of the people that know me personally, know I work in entertainment- Check out some before/after pictures of Michael Yo (fun fact: his dad attended OSU's engineering program) or his Joe Rogan interview.

I freaking LOVE football. I love OSU football. I run the alumni chapter watch parties in Los Angeles. I would love for any of you guys to look us up if you're in LA on a gameday.

I also want the team, coaches, staff and their families to stay healthy.

I want a football season, but more importantly to me; I want it done the right way, and I hope it is being done that way.

Last edited:

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I don't like the optics of schools across the country trying to one-up each other by starting practices early. It seems like they could come to a consensus if that was a goal.
Good luck with that. The SEC is going to be more eager to get things going than the Pac12. It's like saying you wish we could all get on the same page as to how we are going to handle health care.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Good luck with that. The SEC is going to be more eager to get things going than the Pac12. It's like saying you wish we could all get on the same page as to how we are going to handle health care.
Considering how the rates of new cases have gone up significantly more in every SEC state (aside from Florida) they are taking an *interesting* approach.

I also know the Georgia and Florida are reporting low Covid-19 deaths; Which sounds great.

Yet their flu deaths are up 200-400% over recent years. It seems like China isn't the only place with interesting numbers.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Considering how the rates of new cases have gone up significantly more in every SEC state (aside from Florida) they are taking an *interesting* approach.

I also know the Georgia and Florida are reporting low Covid-19 deaths; Which sounds great.

Yet their flu deaths are up 200-400% over recent years. It seems like China isn't the only place with interesting numbers.
I'm not disagreeing with your call for a consensus, I just think it's a little unrealistic. College football is a higher priority in some part of the country.

As far as questioning the reported numbers, I'm pretty skeptical too, but I don't know what we can do about that. We have to act on the reported numbers and not the numbers we suspect are more accurate.

Sep 23, 2010

How do those numbers look for 18-22 year olds?

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
How do those numbers look for 18-22 year olds?
I am not sure of the numbers, I assume men in peak physical shape do better. What are the numbers.

I am confident that you are expecting 75+ 18-22 year old men to stay isolated for a minimum of two months seems naively optimistic. I am not sure if you are familiar the concepts of partying, beer and women. I wasn't a D1 athlete, but partied with many in late 90s.

How many of the coaches and staff are 18-22 years old and in great physical shape? And how old are their families? Will the staffs be quarantining as well?

I mean it could work, I have seen how the virus spread among church organizations, the Pennsylvania State Legislature and meat packing plants.

I LOVE OSU football, and nothing would make me happier than a great season. I feel there are a number of intangibles and to me it doesn't add up. Brenda Masters taught me stats :)

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I am not sure of the numbers, I assume men in peak physical shape do better. What are the numbers.

I am confident that you are expecting 75+ 18-22 year old men to stay isolated for a minimum of two months seems naively optimistic. I am not sure if you are familiar the concepts of partying, beer and women. I wasn't a D1 athlete, but partied with many in late 90s.

How many of the coaches and staff are 18-22 years old and in great physical shape? And how old are their families? Will the staffs be quarantining as well?

I mean it could work, I have seen how the virus spread among church organizations, the Pennsylvania State Legislature and meat packing plants.

I LOVE OSU football, and nothing would make me happier than a great season. I feel there are a number of intangibles and to me it doesn't add up. Brenda Masters taught me stats :)
I think the risk is more in the stands than the locker room.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
i am interested to hear how the Korean baseball teams are doing and what their protocols are.
This is why I am desperately hoping reporting is somewhat accurate. If we could count on the accuracy of the numbers, the US offers 50 different case studies in how to handle this and different countries offer still more valuable data. It just sucks if the results are of little value because the scoreboard is rigged.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
This is why I am desperately hoping reporting is somewhat accurate. If we could count on the accuracy of the numbers, the US offers 50 different case studies in how to handle this and different countries offer still more valuable data. It just sucks if the results are of little value because the scoreboard is rigged.
I feel that South Korea is being legit with their numbers and their news; They were hit hard by MERS a few years ago; so citizens and the government took the situation super serious; They reopened, but have had a few backslides since. I don't know all the specifics.