Gundy’s comments today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Honestly he may need to be more careful with his words, but it is what it is and a lot of us think he's right. WE can't be locked down forever and the nation REALLY needs to move on.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Leave it to the media to ignore his public comments thanking the first responders and everyone dealing with the coronavirus just a few days ago.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Journalist questioning the fear mongerers with the facts.

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1247672272200126464?s=20

Apr 14, 2009
He is way to proud of himself. He literally believes he is the smartest guy in the room.

So maybe it’s time for him to ask the board of regents for another salary increase. I would love to see how that would turn out.

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
He has an opportunity to have one of his finest teams ever and he wants to get it moving. Understandable but steady there big fella. There are a lot of coaches with really good teams this year and you don't see them making irresponsible statements. Not every part of the country will be affected the same and some can't even think about football right now. Act like you've been here before and be the man that you claimed to be 13 years ago. Have a plan, be ready, but remember you are only a small part of the overall big picture. If it's not good for everyone, then it's not good for anyone.

Nov 6, 2010
At some point everyone is going to come around to this reality about the economy and balancing the risk vs the damage, just a matter of when. Every day thousands more people are getting laid off or furloughed, and mortgage defaults are right around the corner. As that continues to happen, the consensus is going to shift over to Gundy's line of thought. Yea, his timing is probably not the greatest, but my biggest problem was how openly he talked about all the money his "amateur" athletes generate, but that system has been so out of whack for so long now it is ridiculous.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I saw a tweet this morning by the PFB guy who always IMO has the absolute worst takes on the site, really he should only focus on golf. I then tried to find the comment that had him wanting Gundy fired and didn't find it. I'm sure their site is feeling the pain from no sports and are highly in need of clicks, and he doesn't mind being the one putting something out there to get them. When they changed from a blog to a message board I quit going to the site except for wrestling coverage and the player breakdowns, everything else is secondhand or clickbate.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Based on the reaction to Gundy's comments the answer for some is NO!

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1247872193767395330?s=20

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I have a friend writing a book call "the *ussification of America." Incidents like this one should be given an entire chapter. Mike Gundy is a football coach, he speaks his mind in what used to be a free country where one could speak his mind...his problem is he fails, as I sometimes do, to remember that the mind police have now taken control of our formerly "free" media...yes even sports media. The problem here is NOT Coach Mike Gundy, but a society that now favors safety at all cost over just about everything else. Very few, if any, in the Media will recall that Coach Gundy just made a heart felt video thanking the first responders a few days prior...or weight his full thoughts even in this instance...they will INSTEAD take sound bites out of context and label him an uncaring and unfeeling, even racist, person that only cares about money...This is NOT the truth...The truth is, he like everyone else, wants us to get on with our lives..He knows his players are about to play the greatest season of their lives and he wants to prepare them so it will be...

Bottom line, we NEED more people like Mike Gundy in the world who do not fear the backlash for speaking ones mind, from all perspectives. I'm thankful he's our coach...The field should be named in his honor, soon.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2011
I saw a tweet this morning by the PFB guy who always IMO has the absolute worst takes on the site, really he should only focus on golf. I then tried to find the comment that had him wanting Gundy fired and didn't find it. I'm sure their site is feeling the pain from no sports and are highly in need of clicks, and he doesn't mind being the one putting something out there to get them. When they changed from a blog to a message board I quit going to the site except for wrestling coverage and the player breakdowns, everything else is secondhand or clickbate.
this. 100%. It used to be such a good resource for all things OSU, but something changed and now there seems to be this undercurrent of anger or resentment. It is all clickbait, and the fact that they have written FOUR articles about this yesterday alone should tell us something.

Mar 11, 2006
Dr Fauci said this morning that he thinks schools will reopen this fall. Wonder if the woke writers PFB, Pete Thamel and Jamele Hill will rip him for daring to discuss returning to normalcy.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2006
Based on the reaction to Gundy's comments the answer for some is NO!

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1247872193767395330?s=20
Based on this projection, the Oklahoma peak will be April 23, which is behind the national peak.

May 1 is not going to happen because of over caution but it's not unreasonable.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Fired? No.

Apologize? Yes. Definitely.

So much reckless misinformed stupidity in his arrogant comments. And to foolishly and carelessly call them "so called medical experts" is a insult and disgrace on so many levels. He deserves to be ripped to pieces for this in public and in private.
clearly you didnt hear his full comments. Fake media strikes again.