Gundy’s comments today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
His comments were absolutely spot on. He was reasoned and explained “if medical personnel gave the okay”. And said his May 1st date was arbitrary and could get pushed back.

Any “writer“ of a poorly written OSU blog that disagrees has serious reading comprehension skills and reaching for clickbait. We don’t need OSU beat writers believing everything our coach says, but that was poor.

Sep 1, 2015
Tulsa
Fired? No.

Apologize? Yes. Definitely.

So much reckless misinformed stupidity in his arrogant comments. And to foolishly and carelessly call them "so called medical experts" is a insult and disgrace on so many levels. He deserves to be ripped to pieces for this in public and in private.

Last edited:

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
They’re absolutely trashing him on college football subreddit. They basically accusing him of wanting his players to get sick and saying he needs to be fired.
Reddit and Twitter are bridge underpass graffiti, even on the rare occasion I agree with them. 1% poignant 99% signatures; and not just regarding to sports.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
Reddit and Twitter are bridge underpass graffiti, even on the rare occasion I agree with them. 1% poignant 99% signatures; and not just regarding to sports.
That being said;

What Gundy said was idiotic. And I think he didn't think it through or he doesn't surround himself with people that will give him it to him straight when he gets too creative; judging by how he has ran our program; I believe it's a combination of both;

Super intelligent for a lot of things; On the spectrum for a lot of things also.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Haven't seen what he said but he must have dared to suggest a life after Corona.

Oct 30, 2007
https://www.si.com/college/oklahomastate/football/oklahoma-state-university-responds-to-mike-gundy
Official OSU statement in response to comments made by Coach Mike Gundy today:
Everyone wants to return to some degree of normalcy as soon as possible. As for Oklahoma State University, we will adhere to the advice of public health experts who are making informed decisions in the best interest of the citizens of our nation and state based on sound scientific data. We will also abide by the federal and state mandates as well as Big 12 guidelines. We will not compromise the health and well-being of our campus community. This virus is deadly and we will do our part at Oklahoma State to help blunt the spread.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I am starting to think he might actually run for senate or congress when he is finished coaching. He is setting it up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think he's smarter than that, but then again he would miss the spotlight.

Jan 14, 2006
I don't know about you guys but I want my coach to have a plan together for when the players come back. Almost like he was hired to run a football program. Better to have your plan together too early than too late.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
That being said;

What Gundy said was idiotic. And I think he didn't think it through or he doesn't surround himself with people that will give him it to him straight when he gets too creative; judging by how he has ran our program; I believe it's a combination of both;

Super intelligent for a lot of things; On the spectrum for a lot of things also.
Or it was butchered by media for clicks

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I don't know about you guys but I want my coach to have a plan together for when the players come back. Almost like he was hired to run a football program. Better to have your plan together too early than too late.
Gundy's a shoot from the hip kind of guy, in a high profile position, in a gotcha world.

Dec 21, 2008
He has made numerous asinine comments related to health and medical before. As a millionaire head football coach, you should prepare a statement with medical experts and state and campus leaders before you make dumbass comments. The politician analogy is spot on. Dude, seriously think before you speak. Peoples family members are dying and he’s worried about weight lifting and making money?
I honestly think he has the best team he may ever have and he’s wanting to deter the “no football” talks. He’s selfishly taking the bait to change the perspective of how serious this is.

Mar 11, 2006
THIS.

Every single business is putting together plans to restart. And those plans have contingencies based on restarting in 30/60/90+ days. Absolutely, any smart person/company/coach is thinking about that or should. You should sell stock now in a company that is not future planning.

Dec 17, 2011
I mean you can do this but not go on a rant. Do what you need to do say "we are taking measures and preparing for different scenarios" and whether you think what you are saying is right, there are a lot of people who think it will be wrong. A time like this, paranoia is all over the place.