Gundy’s comments today- the non sports parts

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Uh huh. And you wear no eye protection because it might hinder your sight. And you have the quietest muffler/tailpipes available because you want to hear everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the way you keep getting more and more insane to keep your strawman going trying to make a point with it.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Uh huh. And you wear no eye protection because it might hinder your sight. And you have the quietest muffler/tailpipes available because you want to hear everything.

I love the way you keep getting more and more insane to keep your strawman going trying to make a point with it.
Insane? I’m not the one that rides a motorcycle without a helmet.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I did a real world test with the actual thing people are wearing. It doesn't get moist. I actually wear an N95 when I go into places that have a lot of people. Set it on my dash in the sun when not in use to allow ultra violet to kill what it can for using it again.
You need a different method of sterilizing your mask. Only UV-A rays will pass through the glass and that won’t kill the virus. UV-B and UV-C rays are blocked.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I did a real world test with the actual thing people are wearing. It doesn't get moist. I actually wear an N95 when I go into places that have a lot of people. Set it on my dash in the sun when not in use to allow ultra violet to kill what it can for using it again.
You need a different method of sterilizing your mask. Only UV-A rays will pass through the glass and that won’t kill the virus. UV-B and UV-C rays are blocked.
Plenty of infrared. The heat should kill a lot.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
What value would it be for Gundy to do that? Is this a message you haven’t heard before?
Not for me per se; but there are a certain amount of the population that believe mask-wearing doesn't help slow the spread.

Like the guy that threatened to shoot a clerk in Stillwater over insisting he wear a mask on private property.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What value would it be for Gundy to do that? Is this a message you haven’t heard before?
Not for me per se; but there are a certain amount of the population that believe mask-wearing doesn't help slow the spread.

Like the guy that threatened to shoot a clerk in Stillwater over insisting he wear a mask on private property.
Okay the guy threatened to shoot a "clerk", or somebody, we don't know who it was because I don't think I've ever seen actually any real information, because his wife came home complaining about the way the "clerk" had treated her.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006

There is also a lot of people that don’t want to reopen and are scared to go back. That thinking is devastating the economy. Kudos to Gundy for speaking up. I loved that he came out and did something like that first.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
Okay the guy threatened to shoot a "clerk", or somebody, we don't know who it was because I don't think I've ever seen actually any real information, because his wife came home complaining about the way the "clerk" had treated her.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
OK Take your pick of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXatarwVI7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88V3ks4qV6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YkS80leE9Q

I think wearing masks looks stupid;
I know spreading a virus when you don't need to spread a virus looks worse than Dexter Manley reads.

This is why you need people like Nick Saban reaching across to speak to people that may have not heard the news otherwise.

This is why I wish it was Mike Gundy being the first major college coach to help get us out of this horsecrap and playing football in front of a packed BPS at the beginning of September.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
OK Take your pick of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXatarwVI7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88V3ks4qV6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YkS80leE9Q

I think wearing masks looks stupid;
I know spreading a virus when you don't need to spread a virus looks worse than Dexter Manley reads.

This is why you need people like Nick Saban reaching across to speak to people that may have not heard the news otherwise.

This is why I wish it was Mike Gundy being the first major college coach to help get us out of this horsecrap and playing football in front of a packed BPS at the beginning of September.
Why must you insult someone that has the kung flu?

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
The schedule, according to a statement on the Big 12's website, goes as follows: football players will be allowed to return to their respective campuses on June 15, volleyball, soccer and cross country student-athletes can return on July 1, and all other student-athletes will be allowed back on July 15.

I took a lot of hits on here for questioning Gundy's timeline. Below are some of my favorites and for questioning Gundy (which I have found is not allowed here during the off season)I even won an "idiot of the day." award.
Once you are through spinning this to fit your agenda I will be happy to share my award with you guys.
I will even share some of the crow you guys were serving me.

"Gundy hit this on the head. Staff back on May 1. Athletes back June 1. Lol."

"Wonder how "ridiculous' Riley thinks this is?"

"Funny watching you squirm. I bet you really love Riley these days since he's a good virtue signaler."

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
The schedule, according to a statement on the Big 12's website, goes as follows: football players will be allowed to return to their respective campuses on June 15, volleyball, soccer and cross country student-athletes can return on July 1, and all other student-athletes will be allowed back on July 15.

I took a lot of hits on here for questioning Gundy's timeline. Below are some of my favorites and for questioning Gundy (which I have found is not allowed here during the off season)I even won an "idiot of the day." award.
Once you are through spinning this to fit your agenda I will be happy to share my award with you guys.
I will even share some of the crow you guys were serving me.

"Gundy hit this on the head. Staff back on May 1. Athletes back June 1. Lol."

"Wonder how "ridiculous' Riley thinks this is?"

"Funny watching you squirm. I bet you really love Riley these days since he's a good virtue signaler."
Are you thinking he was off? Gundy was the very first coach in the nation, that I am aware of, that publicly said anything about going back early.
A few days prior to his statements a California official was quoted as saying no sports through mid-2021. Yes, not only do I think Gundy nailed it, but I think he helped push some people past their irrational fears.

Mar 11, 2006

Your last sentence has a typo. FIFY. It should read “I am glad it was Mike Gundy being the first college coach to help get us out of this horsecrap and playing football in front of a packed BPS at the beginning of September”

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Are you thinking he was off? Gundy was the very first coach in the nation, that I am aware of, that publicly said anything about going back early.
A few days prior to his statements a California official was quoted as saying no sports through mid-2021. Yes, not only do I think Gundy nailed it, but I think he helped push some people past their irrational fears.
Talkin' 'bout your troubles and you, you never learn
Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel turn