Gundy’s comments today- the non sports parts

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Somewhere between 0 and 100%. Given we don’t know for sure, at minimum you would think anyone with an ounce of brains would exercise caution not complete disregard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree without the snark.

It's easy and at this point everyone should have access to a mask.

If it does nothing that sucks but at least you tried. If it helps then people wearing them have made a small step that is a good thing.

I don't get the resistance to this. It does nothing to impede personal liberties and the argument is it is better for those around you than yourself. I don't think people who aren't wearing one necessarily only think about themselves but I I question the motives of those who are vocal about are vocal about how something so simple infringes on their rights in the middle of a health crisis.
It's not the simple aspect of the mask that infuriates people. It's that the government after locking is down, let's us out, but then decided to try and mandate masks. Not recommend, but make them required.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Somewhere between 0 and 100%. Given we don’t know for sure, at minimum you would think anyone with an ounce of brains would exercise caution not complete disregard.

Agree without the snark.

It's easy and at this point everyone should have access to a mask.

If it does nothing that sucks but at least you tried. If it helps then people wearing them have made a small step that is a good thing.

I don't get the resistance to this. It does nothing to impede personal liberties and the argument is it is better for those around you than yourself. I don't think people who aren't wearing one necessarily only think about themselves but I I question the motives of those who are vocal about are vocal about how something so simple infringes on their rights in the middle of a health crisis.
It's not the simple aspect of the mask that infuriates people. It's that the government after locking is down, let's us out, but then decided to try and mandate masks. Not recommend, but make them required.

Wow

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
My argument is not strictly political, you are the one that brought up the CNN article. You don't know me, and if you did you would know I am a law and order type of person but I don't see this as being anything more than people with the wish to control the actions of others simply trying to shame others. There is not one scintilla of evidence that anything other than a medical grade or biohazard grade mask will protect you or others around you. I choose not to participate in your snowflakery.
I didn't bring up CNN. I never mentioned CNN. I simply posted an article that CNN ran. You are the one who instantly saw the 'CNN' attached to the article and decided to make that your rallying cry. I'm debating health issues, you are debating politics and relying on blind faith to make your argument.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I didn't bring up CNN. I never mentioned CNN. I simply posted an article that CNN ran. You are the one who instantly saw the 'CNN' attached to the article and decided to make that your rallying cry. I'm debating health issues, you are debating politics and relying on blind faith to make your argument.
How is placing CNN in a post not bringing up CNN?

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
How is placing CNN in a post not bringing up CNN?
Are you seriously asking that? I simply copied the story from the url. I didn't place anything. It was a story circulated through many media outlets. Do you not understand that whichever news outlet covers the story they are going to put their own tag on there. Same with the Fox article. I didn't place anything there. This was widely covered news story. This is exactly why people like you frustrate people like me. There is no logical thought process and every thing is an attack or conspiracy against you. Talk about snowflake.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN

Do you think people feel the same outrage when talking on cell phones in vehicles was banned?

I don't follow the logic of being upset about things that improve public health. Some of the lockdown resistance I get. I don't agree with the actions and believe protest leaders have ulterior motives, but for a business owner whose livelihood is at stake, I get the frustration. For someone putting on a mask, it's not something I see being worth fighting over.

Oct 30, 2007
"One patient at the party was coughing and not wearing a face covering, health officials said, and other party guests were also not covering their face or social distancing.
"As a result, Covid-19 spread among party attendees," the department said.

Dr. Ying-Ying Goh, director and health officer of the department, said. "The virus remains highly contagious. Social distancing, frequent hand washing, and wearing face coverings remain our best defenses against the further spread of Covid-19 in our community."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/10/us/california-birthday-party-coronavirus/index.html
I'm not wearing a mask every time I step off my property, but I would be if I was symptomatic. I would encourage everyone that's showing symptoms to wear a mask and get tested as soon as possible.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
"One patient at the party was coughing and not wearing a face covering, health officials said, and other party guests were also not covering their face or social distancing.
"As a result, Covid-19 spread among party attendees," the department said.

Dr. Ying-Ying Goh, director and health officer of the department, said. "The virus remains highly contagious. Social distancing, frequent hand washing, and wearing face coverings remain our best defenses against the further spread of Covid-19 in our community."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/10/us/california-birthday-party-coronavirus/index.html
I'm not wearing a mask every time I step off my property, but I would be if I was symptomatic. I would encourage everyone that's showing symptoms to wear a mask and get tested as soon as possible.
FYI - There’s strong evidence only 50%ish of people infected are ever symptomatic.

And then there are those that ultimately become symptomatic after 2-14 days of being asymptomatic.

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Absolutely agree about not wearing one every time you "step off your property," but that is not the issue. The issue is if you go near people even though you are not showing symptoms you should wear a mask because it's the asymptomatic people that are the most worrisome to the health experts. I go off my property multiple times a day without wearing a mask but I have it with me or around my neck in the event I encounter people at a closer range. That's the simple courtesy I've been talking about. I go into the post office, I put it on. I come out, I take it off. In the grocery store on, off when I'm done etc, etc. I will never comprehend how a simple act of courtesy becomes conflated with attacks against my constitutional rights.

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
FYI - There’s strong evidence only 50%ish of people infected are ever symptomatic.

And then there are those that ultimately become symptomatic after 2-14 days of being asymptomatic.

Preachin to the choir. My whole point about masks is protection from asymptomatic carriers. I've discussed this over and over in multiple posts only to be told I'm a snowflake. I've simply repeated the words of countless health experts but many on here know better, so the rest of us shall suffer at their hands.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
If you’re asymptomatic and breathing, you’re expelling an aerosol of everything in your lungs, virus included.

Yep, and a surgical mask or cotton mask isn't even slowing it down. The only thing it's going to stop is spray if you are coughing. If everyone was wearing N95's I'd agree with what you are saying.

Oct 30, 2007

I know that there are a lot of people that are asymptomatic, but I would assume the rate of transmission is significantly higher in the symptomatic since they're spewing spittle every time they cough or sneeze. That's just an assumption though. Maybe someone smarter than me can confirm or deny this.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Preachin to the choir. My whole point about masks is protection from asymptomatic carriers. I've discussed this over and over in multiple posts only to be told I'm a snowflake. I've simply repeated the words of countless health experts but many on here know better, so the rest of us shall suffer at their hands.
Absolutely.
In summary, here is the non-political calculus for those that may be confused:

We want to stop the spread of COVID19. When around others in public, wear a mask because it MIGHT prevent you from becoming infected, if you’re not already. And if you are already infected, it MIGHT prevent the spread to others. On the other hand, not wearing a mask provides ZERO protection from getting infected and ZERO prevention from infecting others.

Oct 30, 2007
Absolutely agree about not wearing one every time you "step off your property," but that is not the issue. The issue is if you go near people even though you are not showing symptoms you should wear a mask because it's the asymptomatic people that are the most worrisome to the health experts. I go off my property multiple times a day without wearing a mask but I have it with me or around my neck in the event I encounter people at a closer range. That's the simple courtesy I've been talking about. I go into the post office, I put it on. I come out, I take it off. In the grocery store on, off when I'm done etc, etc. I will never comprehend how a simple act of courtesy becomes conflated with attacks against my constitutional rights.
How do you feel about requiring someone to wear a mask in a public space or a place of business where social distancing isn't an issue?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
If you’re asymptomatic and breathing, you’re expelling an aerosol of everything in your lungs, virus included.

Yep, and a surgical mask or cotton mask isn't even slowing it down. The only thing it's going to stop is spray if you are coughing. If everyone was wearing N95's I'd agree with what you are saying.
Some experts disagree.

Simple test. Breathe into a paper towel for 10 minutes. You’ll notice the paper towel becomes moist. That’s not condensation. That’s the moisture aerosol in your breath. Moisture that does not make it into the atmosphere. The virus clings to moisture droplets.

Does a cloth mask stop all or most of the virus laden aerosol in your breath? No, but it does stop some. And that’s the point.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Some experts disagree.

Simple test. Breathe into a paper towel for 10 minutes. You’ll notice the paper towel becomes moist. That’s not condensation. That’s the moisture aerosol in your breath. Moisture that does not make it into the atmosphere. The virus clings to moisture droplets.

Does a cloth mask stop all or most of the virus laden aerosol in your breath? No, but it does stop some. And that’s the point.

Walk around with a surgical mask on for 8 hours. You will notice it doesn't become moist. Had to do it at the hospital when I got my heart check up.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Some experts disagree.

You probably advocate wearing gloves to. All the experts will tell you that is the worst thing you can do because you don't wash them then touch yourself and your stuff with them. I cringe every time I see workers wearing gloves instead of having a can of hand sanitizer near by. Hand sanitizer between customers is much safer for the worker and the customers.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
How do you feel about requiring someone to wear a mask in a public space or place of business where social distancing isn't an issue?
Outdoors in a wide open space, no problem.
Outdoor sidewalk used by others, wear a mask.
Indoor non-busy private area, no problem.
Indoor public area, wear a mask.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Some experts disagree.

You probably advocate wearing gloves to. All the experts will tell you that is the worst thing you can do because you don't wash them then touch yourself and your stuff with them. I cringe every time I see workers wearing gloves instead of having a can of hand sanitizer near by. Hand sanitizer between customers is much safer for the worker and the customers.
Nope