Grayson Boomer is in the transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 1, 2008
Just lost a great recruit because they refuse to use the cowboy back position for anything other than blocking. Smh
And recruiter - he was all over Twitter encouraging players to come to OSU. I could say something flippant about culture and winning but I won't.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Well , they refuse to pass the ball to a 6'7" tight end, so, Grayson is right for wanting to go somewhere that will value his talent. I have a feeling, and it makes me sick, that Gundy doesn't like to use his weapons. Nothing they did with Hill made sense. Never having a surprise package ready for Bedlam makes no sense. Simply copying what UO is doing would make sense, but they throw the ball over the middle for thirty yards a pop, and Gundy doesn't seem to like that.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I think it's fair to wonder if the kid looked at being nothing but a decoy & decided to go elsewhere. The lack of use of the Cowboy Back has driven me nuts for years now, so I get it.

Having said that, I"m not jumping off a cliff every time someone enters the portal. I've argued for the kids to have more options for years, & now they do, so it's just a fact of life moving forward.

Wish him well & let's move on.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
We rarely take advantage of the TE position. What would you do if you want to play?
I'd stay at OSU.

He was out since early fall with an ACL injury and has not been listed on the active roster. I wonder also if the injury had something to do with it. We have three Cowboy Backs that have receiving statistics:

Woods: 15 recs for 108 yds (7.2 avg) 1 TD
Carter: 5 recs for 15 yds (3.0 avg) 1 TD
Metcalf: 3 recs for 26 yds (8.7 avg) 0 TD

If you total those three guys (who have split most of the time):

23 recs for 149 yards and 2 TD

That's right in the mix with our other receiver positions. The positions averages about 2 receptions per game, so we take good advantage of the Cowboy Back. I could not find attempts, so that is net of any incomplete passes. Those numbers are comparable to the TE position at other teams.

Don't know the real reason, but it's not that we are under-utilizing the Cowboy Back as a receiver.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Frank Bonner II spoke to Grayson Boomer today.

“Honestly, I just think there were multiple things that kind of went into this decision,” Boomer said. “I just think that it’s best that I get a fresh start somewhere else.”

Boomer was a four-star recruit out of Collinsville High School and was rated by ESPN as the No. 2-ranked high school football player in the state of Oklahoma. He was the first player in the 2019 recruiting class to verbally commit to Oklahoma State.

“Every visit I took here it felt like this is where I wanted to play ever since I grew up,” Boomer said.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I'd stay at OSU.

He was out since early fall with an ACL injury and has not been listed on the active roster. I wonder also if the injury had something to do with it. We have three Cowboy Backs that have receiving statistics:

Woods: 15 recs for 108 yds (7.2 avg) 1 TD
Carter: 5 recs for 15 yds (3.0 avg) 1 TD
Metcalf: 3 recs for 26 yds (8.7 avg) 0 TD

If you total those three guys (who have split most of the time):

23 recs for 149 yards and 2 TD

That's right in the mix with our other receiver positions. The positions averages about 2 receptions per game, so we take good advantage of the Cowboy Back. I could not find attempts, so that is net of any incomplete passes. Those numbers are comparable to the TE position at other teams.

Don't know the real reason, but it's not that we are under-utilizing the Cowboy Back as a receiver.
2 receptions per game is "taking good advantage of the Cowboy Back"? You serious.........???

Jan 14, 2006
It's one kid. Nothing to point towards trouble in the locker room. We have like 6 guys in the portal, none of which played meaningful snaps this year. Pretty normal for a P5 program.

I'm sure it was tough for him being out all year. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
It's one kid. Nothing to point towards trouble in the locker room. We have like 6 guys in the portal, none of which played meaningful snaps this year. Pretty normal for a P5 program.

I'm sure it was tough for him being out all year. I wish him well wherever he ends up.
One kid that absolutely loved OSU and now he is leaving...stay tuned i guess