GOT - The Final Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Honestly, I thought they wrapped it up pretty well. The only disappointment for me was that the leaked stuff was dead on. There were no surprises for me whatsoever.

I think ending a long-running successful show has to be a massively difficult thing to do. So many shows have failed in their finale.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I think it's an overall great story... I just wish that Benioff and Weiss would've been able to do a full 20 episodes for the last two seasons in order to do more story development that lead to a wrap.

There's so much more they should've done with Bran, Danarys, and Sansa that they really just didn't do... and it showed.

Really... Star Wars kinda ruined GoT if you think about it.

Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
I think it's an overall great story... I just wish that Benioff and Weiss would've been able to do a full 20 episodes for the last two seasons in order to do more story development that lead to a wrap.

There's so much more they should've done with Bran, Danarys, and Sansa that they really just didn't do... and it showed.

Really... Star Wars kinda ruined GoT if you think about it.
Star Wars couldn’t stop with ruining itself, it had to ruin Game of Thrones as well.

Sep 22, 2011
Fell flat on their faces and now they get to go do 3 Star Wars movies. Going to be a bad few years for fantasy/SciFi movies

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Honestly, I thought they wrapped it up pretty well. The only disappointment for me was that the leaked stuff was dead on. There were no surprises for me whatsoever.

I think ending a long-running successful show has to be a massively difficult thing to do. So many shows have failed in their finale.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Totally agree. I thought the finale actually made up for a very mediocre last season.

Obviously would've liked to have seen more in terms of character development. Jon was basically reduced to "she's my queen" for the entire season, to the point we collectively groaned when he, again, told Tyrian "she's my queen" right before he did the deed. How Mr. Morality could still cling to this after her attack on King's Landing was silly, imo, but whatever.

To your last point, yeah, it's almost impossible to meet the expectations associated with most long running series.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Totally agree. I thought the finale actually made up for a very mediocre last season.

Obviously would've liked to have seen more in terms of character development. Jon was basically reduced to "she's my queen" for the entire season, to the point we collectively groaned when he, again, told Tyrian "she's my queen" right before he did the deed. How Mr. Morality could still cling to this after her attack on King's Landing was silly, imo, but whatever.

To your last point, yeah, it's almost impossible to meet the expectations associated with most long running series.
I think Jon was in shock. After all he had done, and after all that she has been reputed to do, I just don't think he could process it. It's the ultimate WTF situation. He told her to make them see and forgive them. When she refuses, clearly making Sansa a direct enemy, he did the deed. I think he wanted to still make it work and gave her a chance to turn it around. Then he turned himself in after in accordance with his honor.

I also feel fine with him going North. After all he has done people are STILL playing this idiotic power game. He had to kill his OWN man to stop rape. I think on some level it is like "this is what I died for and fought for?" Going north makes sense. It also keeps him close enough to help if needed.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

What's worse is when a good show gets cancelled with no closure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
If you haven't seen the documentary HBO's airing about the final season, you should check it out. Pretty entertaining look behind the scenes of the locations, wardrobes, extras, table reads by the cast as they find out what's going to transpire.

I was watching it with a friend last night & the question came up: whatever happened to the baby that the Night King touched & his eyes turned blue. I think that was back in season 3 or maybe 4, but we couldn't come up with any recollection of whatever became of the child. I remember at the time thinking that it was an obvious event of significance, but if the child's fate was resolved, I've totally forgotten it.

Jul 22, 2011
If you haven't seen the documentary HBO's airing about the final season, you should check it out. Pretty entertaining look behind the scenes of the locations, wardrobes, extras, table reads by the cast as they find out what's going to transpire.

I was watching it with a friend last night & the question came up: whatever happened to the baby that the Night King touched & his eyes turned blue. I think that was back in season 3 or maybe 4, but we couldn't come up with any recollection of whatever became of the child. I remember at the time thinking that it was an obvious event of significance, but if the child's fate was resolved, I've totally forgotten it.
1559053210833.png

In season 9, that baby's name is revealed:

"Aegon Rhaegar Craster Targaryen Jr."

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

Well when the night king fell, so did all of the other white walkers... so I imagine the baby was obliterated as well.