GOT - The Final Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The discussion between Dany and Sansa ended prematurely - they neither heightened nor ended their rivalry. The discussion between Dany and Jon ended prematurely - they neither heightened nor concluded their affair.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The discussion between Dany and Sansa ended prematurely - they neither heightened nor ended their rivalry. The discussion between Dany and Jon ended prematurely - they neither heightened nor concluded their affair.
Lol, true.

& the "strategy" meeting on dealing with the Night King? It was basically "well, we're screwed here, but let's stick Bran out by the tree & hope."

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Gonna be interesting to see how Dany handles Jon's right to the throne. They definitely left that one up in the air.

Based on her whole storyline thus far, I'm not really seeing a scenario where she just gives up Jon & the throne peacefully.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Gonna be interesting to see how Dany handles Jon's right to the throne. They definitely left that one up in the air.

Based on her whole storyline thus far, I'm not really seeing a scenario where she just gives up Jon & the throne peacefully.
Could be as simple as one of them not surviving the fight against the white walkers.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Yea this felt like a recap. Hopefully the next one starts to pick things up as we only have 6 episodes to do so. The run times for the remaining episodes are

Things need to start happening if they are gonna fit everything into the season. I still dont understand why they only did 6 episodes for something like this.
Just noticed.... Tonight's ep. was 82 minutes long, not 60.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Yea this felt like a recap. Hopefully the next one starts to pick things up as we only have 6 episodes to do so. The run times for the remaining episodes are

Things need to start happening if they are gonna fit everything into the season. I still dont understand why they only did 6 episodes for something like this.
Just noticed.... Tonight's ep. was 82 minutes long, not 60.
Maybe we have been bamboozled and are getting extra long episodes lol. Btw best episode of the series. Maybe best episode of any TV series ever.

Jul 22, 2011
That was awesome. I can't believe there's still 3 episodes left!

Here are my nits to pick: {SPOILERS!}

- The shaky cam and rapid-fire cuts during the battle scenes made it hard to know what the hell was going on.

- Character gets tackled and enveloped by wights while they death-scream and flail around [cut away]. 2 minutes later, they're perfectly fine and still fighting. I think they did this with Brienne and Sam about 15 times. This is why people stopped watching the Walking Dead!

- Aside from a few random kids in the crypt, it appears that the ONLY people to survive were main characters. That's some Level 99 Plot-armor.

- Deus ex Arya.

- Wtf does Bran DO exactly? He knows everything!? That's great but he needs Sam to back it up with notarized documentation.

Last edited:

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
That was awesome. I can't believe there's still 3 episodes left!

Here are my nits to pick: {SPOILERS!}

- The shaky cam and rapid-fire cuts during the battle scenes made it hard to know what the hell was going on.

- Character gets tackled and enveloped by wights while they death-scream and flail around [cut away]. 2 minutes later, they're perfectly fine and still fighting. I think they did this with Brienne and Sam about 15 times. This is why people stopped watching the Walking Dead!

- Aside from a few random kids in the crypt, it appears that the ONLY people to survive were main characters. That's some Level 99 Plot-armor.

- Deus ex Arya.

- Wtf does Bran DO exactly? He knows everything!? That's great but he needs Sam to back it up with notarized documentation.
Bran sets it up. Remember, he gave Arya the dagger that she would use to kill the Night King. what else has he done that we havent put together yet?

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
So did she die? I couldn't tell.

Jul 22, 2011
Bran sets it up. Remember, he gave Arya the dagger that she would use to kill the Night King. what else has he done that we havent put together yet?
True. I think we have yet to see Bran's big final role though.
We have seen that he can affect the past with his powers: calling out to Ned at the Tower of Joy and then to a larger extent, Hodor. Before this episode I was thinking he would be the one responsible for the Mad King going Mad. That somehow "Burn them All" would be accidentally implanted in King Aerys' brain the same as "Hold the Door" for young Willis. Still possible but less likely now.

So did she die? I couldn't tell.
I'm pretty sure I saw her at the end. I may be wrong.

Sep 22, 2011
What was that defense strategy all about? Leading with a cavalry charge?
Having your artillery in front of your infantry so they only take 2 shots?
Having your infantry fight in front of your fixed barricades instead of behind them?
Abandoning most of your infantry outside the walls?

Honestly I am cheering for Cersei at this point, she may be evil but at least she isn’t completely incompetent.

I really enjoyed the episode but those issues really killed my engagement. I can suspend my disbelief a long ways but those issues were a bit of a buzzkill, to those of you saying this was the best episode, I disagree, the battle of the bastards was way better. That episode to this day gives me anxiety and i have never been more drawn in to a tv show than that episode. This was good, but not that good.

I’m probably being too nit picky though and I can’t wait for next week