GOT - The Final Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Episode One: Sorta boring.

With only six episodes ALL SEASON, I would expect to see serious action and story telling on each ep. Disappointed with it tonight, just a little...
Yea this felt like a recap. Hopefully the next one starts to pick things up as we only have 6 episodes to do so. The run times for the remaining episodes are

Things need to start happening if they are gonna fit everything into the season. I still dont understand why they only did 6 episodes for something like this.

Sep 22, 2011
Hated the dragon riding scene, completely gratuitous, I was ok with everything else, my favorite part was bran sitting in the courtyard staring at people

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Hated the dragon riding scene, completely gratuitous, I was ok with everything else, my favorite part was bran sitting in the courtyard staring at people
he was waiting for an old friend (Jamie Lannister). I'm mean, isn't that how YOU wait for old friends?

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Not gratuitous at all, it is actually very important that John is able to ride the Dragon as only Taergarions are able to ride dragons and not even all of them can. It is huge that he can and proves he really is Raegars son.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Not gratuitous at all, it is actually very important that John is able to ride the Dragon as only Taergarions are able to ride dragons and not even all of them can. It is huge that he can and proves he really is Raegars son.
The part they got wrong was how they did it. It was more like Danny gave him the keys to a supercar and was like "wanna take it for a spin?" rather than the cool moment after Jon found out his bloodline.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Does it make you wonder about the Knight King?

If only Taergarions are able to ride the dragons, are they telling us something about him now?

Really looking forward to the rest of the episodes after an okay first episode that was basically a setup for the rest of the season.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Does it make you wonder about the Knight King?

If only Taergarions are able to ride the dragons, are they telling us something about him now?

Really looking forward to the rest of the episodes after an okay first episode that was basically a setup for the rest of the season.
If so they that is one of the things they are doing differently from what Martin wrote. With the information in the books and his companion books he pretty much says the Night King is a Stark and the timing would not even allow him to be a Taergarion as they were not really even a family/group at that time and were not in Westeros at all.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
If so they that is one of the things they are doing differently from what Martin wrote. With the information in the books and his companion books he pretty much says the Night King is a Stark and the timing would not even allow him to be a Taergarion as they were not really even a family/group at that time and were not in Westeros at all.
Ahh, well that kinda blows my theory up, lol.

I haven't read the books at all, but I do enjoy the heck out of the show.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Yeah, I've heard that time & again this week. I never heard anyone point out the details you did, though.
Yeah I find very few have actually read all the books and even fewer have read the companion books which though they are about other things mostly they actually shed a lot of light on the main storyline.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I thought I read somewhere that the show's storyline is beyond the books now. Is that correct?
Yes it is but the history of things has been written about a lot like the Night King. The ending and the stuff leading right up to it is all that he has not written but he has put enough hints to show some of the ending.

Jul 22, 2011
More set-dressing and fan-service in episode 2. I thought it was better than the first one. Looks like big battle #1 next week.

-I laugh every time Bran opens his mouth.

-Nekkid Arya: Weird. What was she, like 8 when the show started? I feel like Gendry was around 25 when he met her. Gross.... but not terrible.

Speculations [Spoilers, whatever that means at this point] :

-Brienne has now hit the peak of her storyline by becoming a knight. I think she is likely to die in the upcoming battle. I don't see her living happily ever after with Jaime.

Ep. 3 Death predictions: Reek, Tormund, Beric, Jorah & Leanna Mormont, Ser Brienne, Lord Varys, Podrick Payne, Dolorous Edd, Ghost.

Starks and Targaryens still have bidness.
Tyrion still has to outwit Cersei
Jaime still has to strangle Cersei
The Hound still has to fight the Mountain
Davos still has to kill the Red Woman
Bran still has to do something interesting
Samwell has to get his sword back and is also invincible

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
More set-dressing and fan-service in episode 2. I thought it was better than the first one. Looks like big battle #1 next week.

-I laugh every time Bran opens his mouth.

-Nekkid Arya: Weird. What was she, like 8 when the show started? I feel like Gendry was around 25 when he met her. Gross.... but not terrible.

Speculations [Spoilers, whatever that means at this point] :

-Brienne has now hit the peak of her storyline by becoming a knight. I think she is likely to die in the upcoming battle. I don't see her living happily ever after with Jaime.

Ep. 3 Death predictions: Reek, Tormund, Beric, Jorah & Leanna Mormont, Ser Brienne, Lord Varys, Podrick Payne, Dolorous Edd, Ghost.

Starks and Targaryens still have bidness.
Tyrion still has to outwit Cersei
Jaime still has to strangle Cersei
The Hound still has to fight the Mountain
Davos still has to kill the Red Woman
Bran still has to do something interesting
Samwell has to get his sword back and is also invincible
Good post.

The first 2 episodes, imo, have been a bit disappointing as a whole. Last night, in particular, felt like a rush to bring everybody together at Winterfell & give everyone a line or two. Yeah, I get it that it's basically another setup episode, but I just felt like for the length of the episode, it drug on without much consequence.

I'll definitely be there for the final episodes, & maybe it's just me, but it seems like making this season the last is the right call. True Blood & a few other series just went on a season or two too long & had totally jumped the shark by the time they ended. Better to walk away & leave the audience wanting more.

On another note, if you're not watching Barry, give it a try. Dark comedy with great stuff from Bill Hader & Henry Winkler.