GOP trying to make Townie happy (weed)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
White House to unveil federal cannabis reform 'very soon,' says GOP lawmaker

The White House is planning on tackling cannabis reform after the midterm elections, according to Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif.

Rohrabacher tells FOX Business that the Trump administration has made a “solid commitment” to fix marijuana regulation.

“I have been talking to people inside the White House who know and inside the president’s entourage... I have talked to them at length. I have been reassured that the president intends on keeping his campaign promise.”

Rohrabacher says the president has spoken in support of legalizing medical marijuana on the federal level – and leaving the question of recreational marijuana use up to the states.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politic...l-cannabis-reform-very-soon-says-gop-lawmaker

Nov 26, 2008
If the GOP give the people weed Democrats will be so isolated with their petty identity politics that they might never win an election of meaning again for a damn long time

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
yeah, Sessions is in favor of civil forfeiture also..... I don't think he's going to be around much longer.

After the Mueller witch hunt is over, there will likely be several changes
I got a kick out of it when he told the district federal prosecutors in the states that have legalized that he is going to turn them loose on the dispensaries and they all responded with "Uh yeah, we're good". :D

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
Rohrabacher says the president has spoken in support of legalizing medical marijuana on the federal level – and leaving the question of recreational marijuana use up to the states.

Sounds good to me! Townie isn't the only one this should make happy. The current Federal laws concerning marijuana are archaic and nonsensical.

Jul 20, 2018

Sounds good to me! Townie isn't the only one this should make happy. The current Federal laws concerning marijuana are archaic and nonsensical.
No drug should be federally regulated. It should be up to each state.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
What about Marinol? Synthetic?
What about all the CBD snake oil shops that are popping up literally everywhere making the EXACT same "medicinal" claims as "medical marijuana"??? If you believe them, we don't even need weed at all now. All the benefits with none of the psychotropic effect.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Meh... Disagree*. The FDA has it's place and does do a pretty decent job of regulating food and drug safety.
yeah... gotta love the calorie count on every freaking menu.... and the creation of so many new "diseases" so that we can have "sanctioned" pills for them...

at least companies have to tell us how much worse (side effects) the drugs they approved are for us than the actual illness itself..

sigh

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
yeah... gotta love the calorie count on every freaking menu.... and the creation of so many new "diseases" so that we can have "sanctioned" pills for them...

at least companies have to tell us how much worse (side effects) the drugs they approved are for us than the actual illness itself..

sigh
Well I was thinking more along the lines of kill floor swept materials and rats being ground into your breakfast sausage... or the thalidomide disaster of the 50's... or potassium cyanide laced Tylenol. :rolleyes: