GOP Debate Poll Results

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
The media would like you to think that there are only 3 candidates. But I thought Dr. Paul did excellent in the short time he had.

The thing that pissed me off the most is they kept saying "everyone will get a chance to answer" but repeatedly skipped Paul. Happened at least 3 times.

How do you not ask the freakin OB/GYN the abortion question?!? The guy has delivered some 4,000 babies. I'd say he's probably the most qualified to speak on the subject.

I thought ol' Wolf did a pretty horrendous job. He had no control over the debate.

jaxdahl

administrator emeritus
A/V Subscriber
Feb 4, 2005
Tel Aviv, Israel
Still not clear who is going to be winning the primaries, which are still over seven months away. I wonder where Fred Thompson will be at when he enters the race in about a month.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Still not clear who is going to be winning the primaries, which are still over seven months away. I wonder where Fred Thompson will be at when he enters the race in about a month.
3rd or 4th with room to grow. I haven't made up my mind about ol' Law and Order but he has buzz. Would make a great vice presidential candidate if Rudy gets the nod politically speaking.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
Wow. I really figured the votes would even themselves out more a little as far as Paul being in the lead but after 19,618 votes, the percentages are identical to what I posted last night.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
I find it interesting that Ron Paul won most of the polls, but it seems Fox is ignoring this on their 11 pm show with Hannity and ???

Of course they have advertisers to answer to. It looks like this will be the first election where the internet will trump big $$$ in the information sent to the public.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
I find it interesting that Ron Paul won most of the polls, but it seems Fox is ignoring this on their 11 pm show with Hannity and ???

Of course they have advertisers to answer to. It looks like this will be the first election where the internet will trump big $$$ in the information sent to the public.
You should watch this and see how they reacted when Ron Paul was winning the text vote after the 2nd debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8oO_OD3PtI

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, start at the 2:05 mark and watch til about 4:03. Such BS.

Feb 7, 2007
This election is really exposing the special interests and bias of the mainstream media in this country. Ron Paul has won virtually every post-debate poll, and handily at that. And somehow he is still ignored compared to all the pub they give to Larry, Curley, and Moe. They talk more about Fred Thompson (who hasn't even announced his candidacy) than they do the guy who is blowing everyone away in these polls. And it's absolutely happening on the Democrat side as well, however much more conveniently because it's typically the big names who win the post-debate polls. They're pre-determing who should be picked. It's disgusting.

Like I said, the media is basically telling us that there is only 3 possible Republican candidates to be president. They believe they are entitled to chose who runs our country.

I rarely watch tv anymore. I do watch sports, but even they are being corrupted. ESPN (Sportscenter in particular) is so incredibly hellbent on sensationalism anymore. It was not this way several years ago. Their lead stories are now about Vick's dogfights, A-Rod's strip club jaunts, and they regularly interview movie stars and other celebrities on their shows rather than athletes / coaches or someone directly tied to sports.

And their sensationalism and complete over-dramatization is directly affecting the sports themselves.

Their talking heads call for suspensions and terminations of coaches for arguing calls, player fights, etc, etc. And often times, the commissioners buckle under that pressure for fear of being labeled by these people. They have frightened all of the owners / commissioners in sports to be ULTRA politically correct. It ultimately hurts the product.

The mainstream media has grossly evolved into the classic "tail wagging the dog" syndrome. Whether it be something as trivial as sports or as detrimental as politics, it's absolutely happening.

Luckily the internet is still free of control (although they are trying to change that) and we still have the ability to sift through and verify truths as our judgement deems accurate.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I watched the debate and did find it very odd that Dr. Paul didn't get first if any shot at the abortion and little mention in health care.....I don't agree that you can say CNN is pushing a republican agenda as they are obviously left leaning......they are the anti Fox who is obviously right leaning. If the debate were on Fox moderated by a Fox guy I might bite given they want the Reps. to win if for nothing else ratings......but CNN would love nothing more than a Paul to shake it up if again for nothing else ratings....

But I think the reason Paul is winning in the online polls may not be as much a product of popularity or conspiracy as it is demographics....the inverse is true for gallop polls conducted by phone for McCain or Rudy. I perceive you desert and Kaje to be younger Americans the kind that do almost everything online or wirelessly, you guys are also the "fight the man" younger voice in forums such as this. (not that there is a thing wrong with that the man must be fought time and again) Whereas my granny is the kind that will answer the questions in the phone conducted gallop poll and she couldn't pick Ron Paul out of a line up before the debate and would have to squint now.......but she is for Rudy. Both polls are visible but being broadcast to granny at 3:00 in the afternoon so she is backing a winner....and to you online so the conspiracy continues. The major difference is my granny hasn't missed an election in 58 years, it is a lot harder to find people under 30 who even plan to vote. (present company excluded)

As to the giant media bias for 3 candidates. You could blame that on the gigantic most watched Fox who is obviously and sometimes egregiously right winged, but after that the media is predominately left wing so I doubt they are pushing any agenda to get a Rep. elected. It could just be that now a days news is catered to ratings not exactly the true story and most of a America doesn't view Paul as a viable candidate. The same things have been said for Sharpton in previous Dem. primaries.

To the internet being "free" that has it good points and bad points. The internet is free, free from things such as fact checkers and slander suits....free from annoying editors and stakeholders that hold them accountable to accurate reporting. The internet has been a valuable form of media and changed the way we as humans transfer information indefinitely.......but be careful that because you don't like the temperature of the pan that you jump in the fire