Go Houston Thread!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The Oregon State games wasn't as close as the final score indicated, Gundy pulled our 1st team in the middle of the 4th because the game was in hand. OU should have only won by 11 if they actually believed in sportsmanship
Oklahoma was up 42-17 at the beginning of the fourth quarter. So it wasn’t as close either.

Also if you wanna wave the sportsmanship penalty flag, explain scoring a TD against Savannah State to go up 84-0 with one minute left to go in the game. Don’t be that guy. Stevenson lost a fumble earlier in the game. Give the dude some confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Why must you dipshits fight a losing battle with a Sooner on the main board? They're good, they've been good, they may always be good. Sure anyone with a lick of sense knows the are traditionally one of the dirtiest programs around but they are the best in the conference until proven otherwise.

Stop looking petty and take this crap to the Bedlam and flame forum.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Oklahoma was up 42-17 at the beginning of the fourth quarter. So it wasn’t as close either.

Also if you wanna wave the sportsmanship penalty flag, explain scoring a TD against Savannah State to go up 84-0 with one minute left to go in the game. Don’t be that guy. Stevenson lost a fumble earlier in the game. Give the dude some confidence.

Talk about living in the past. A game from 7 years ago. :lol: Corey Bennett scored the last touchdown in that game. Know how many he had the rest of his career at OSU??? I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with ZERO!!

He had 12 carries in THAT game as a freshman and ZERO carries until his senior season when he had TWO more carries. Total of 14 carries in 4 years and 1 touchdown.

I guess you tell the #5 running back (a freshman no less) on your depth chart to take a knee instead of scoring a touchdown on a 10 yard run. I'd rather have someone run two touchdowns against me with the game out of reach than take a sympathy knee.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Yes. Overall, I’m very optimistic with how our defense performed. In the backfield frequently, players in position and not many blown plays or missed tackles.
I was very impressed with OU’s defense. When Houston did take long shots down the field their wasn’t any wide open guys like years past. Two Houston scoring drives were kept alive only because of penalties on OU. The only issue I see that OU has is possibly special teams. Losing a stud like Siebert would hurt anyone’s ST though.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Yes. Overall, I’m very optimistic with how our defense performed. In the backfield frequently, players in position and not many blown plays or missed tackles.
I was very impressed with OU’s defense. When Houston did take long shots down the field their wasn’t any wide open guys like years past. Two Houston scoring drives were kept alive only because of penalties on OU. The only issue I see that OU has is possibly special teams. Losing a stud like Siebert would hurt anyone’s ST though.
Kicker has me a bit nervous... I won’t lie.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
a couple of joke games this weekend, cant even trash talk each other because of the opponents, BUT next weekend, OU and our next Heisman QB take on UCLA, and the Pokes play Tulsa? Talk to the mullet about getting some comp in there pokes...I wouldn't want my first real game to be against the shorthorns.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
a couple of joke games this weekend, cant even trash talk each other because of the opponents, BUT next weekend, OU and our next Heisman QB take on UCLA, and the Pokes play Tulsa? Talk to the mullet about getting some comp in there pokes...I wouldn't want my first real game to be against the shorthorns.
by the way, am I the only one who got sick of seeing Ehlinger's mom after every play?, geeez, although it was funny when she cheered the dropped pass almost TD!

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
You do realize that UCLA is winless after back to back losses to the powerhouses of Cincinnati and San Diego State don't you?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You do realize that UCLA is winless after back to back losses to the powerhouses of Cincinnati and San Diego State don't you?
The Pokes marquee OOC matchup was Oregon State.

That is all.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Why can't everyone just admit that scheduling fcs teams will never fully go away. They get money for doing it and fbs teams get easy wins (usually). Everyone does it. Even the vaunted SEC.
And P5/FBS opponents are usually scheduled years out. So there are no guarantees as to how good they will be when the matchup finally happens.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The Pokes marquee OOC matchup was Oregon State.

That is all.

And the goons was Houston? That should really help the ole resume'.
It was supposed to be LSU this year. They backed out of the deal. Had to scramble to get a replacement.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
And the goons was Houston? That should really help the ole resume'.
Compared to oregon state, mcneese and tulsa, an 8 win houston returning almost every starter from a top 10 offense last year is like a super bowl champion. You do realize oregon state and tulsa combined for a 5-19 record last year? Mcneese, jesus they shouldnt even count, but they even sucked by the standards of a fcs team, going 6-5 with losses to lamar and incarnate word. But compared to a Houston, i mean come on.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Compared to oregon state, mcneese and tulsa, an 8 win houston returning almost every starter from a top 10 offense last year is like a super bowl champion. You do realize oregon state and tulsa combined for a 5-19 record last year? Mcneese, jesus they shouldnt even count, but they even sucked by the standards of a fcs team, going 6-5 with losses to lamar and incarnate word. But compared to a Houston, i mean come on.
Houston did get that tough home win over Prarie View A&M to start 1 and 3. So there is that.