Go Houston Thread!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
D’Erik King is one of the best QBs that defense is gonna face all year and one of the best offenses. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, if you believe this...... There are several qb's in the big 12 better than him, including Spencer Sanders. Probably even Dru Brown.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I mean... they did go 12-1 in the regular season, won the Heisman and went to the playoffs.. so they weren’t necessarily wrong. Except for the defense anyway.

D’Erik King is one of the best QBs that defense is gonna face all year and one of the best offenses. He singlehandedly saved a number of drives and was super smart with the ball.

The defense didn’t have blown assignments or give up long scores. Houston had to fight for every point they got. Hats off to them. You guys gave up 36 points to the #67 offense from last year. OU gave up 31 to the #7 offense in the country from last year. Just saying.

Seems like maybe you forgot the part of the story (actually the last chapter) where Houston got beat 70-14 by none other than Army and replaced their coach. Enjoy the win and your team, by all means, but enough about Houston.
Stats don’t lie. They added Holgy and returned 10 offensive starters.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
OU's linebacker looked a lot better to me in that game. What is his name, Murray?
Yes. Overall, I’m very optimistic with how our defense performed. In the backfield frequently, players in position and not many blown plays or missed tackles.

Dec 17, 2011
I am so impressed by OUs defense. That was very nice, they gave up a lot but again in big 12 you need a few stops and their defense can definitely do that. As far as hurts goes. Not impressed with his arm. Sanders looks 100 times better overall with speed and arm. First time since Weeden I'd say I would take osu's QB over ou's.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I am so impressed by OUs defense. That was very nice, they gave up a lot but again in big 12 you need a few stops and their defense can definitely do that. As far as hurts goes. Not impressed with his arm. Sanders looks 100 times better overall with speed and arm. First time since Weeden I'd say I would take osu's QB over ou's.
Hurts was 20/23. Didn’t really use his arm. Houston was running a lot of umbrella coverage so Hurts didn’t get too many shots downfield. He took what was given to him. Thing is I have all kinds of faith in Riley as a play designer to make the offense around Hurts work. He showed some looks last night that were diabolical to follow. Something Gundy doesn’t do.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I mean... they did go 12-1 in the regular season, won the Heisman and went to the playoffs.. so they weren’t necessarily wrong. Except for the defense anyway.

D’Erik King is one of the best QBs that defense is gonna face all year and one of the best offenses. He singlehandedly saved a number of drives and was super smart with the ball.

The defense didn’t have blown assignments or give up long scores. Houston had to fight for every point they got. Hats off to them. You guys gave up 36 points to the #67 offense from last year. OU gave up 31 to the #7 offense in the country from last year. Just saying.

Major appreciates your respect for his O, to bad Houston fired him.

Apr 7, 2006

You're right. The most recent game those returning starters played has some stats it seems you'd rather ignore. They generated stats against Rice, Arizona, Texas Tech (beat them and scored 63), Texas Southern , Tulsa, ECU, Navy, South Florida, Smu, Temple, Tulane, Memphis and Army. They lost 4 of their last 5 games and lost a 1st, 4th and 6th round pick. Stats dont lie. They aren't any good and we all know that, so dont try.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

You're right. The most recent game those returning starters played has some stats it seems you'd rather ignore. They generated stats against Rice, Arizona, Texas Tech (beat them and scored 63), Texas Southern , Tulsa, ECU, Navy, South Florida, Smu, Temple, Tulane, Memphis and Army. They lost 4 of their last 5 games and lost a 1st, 4th and 6th round pick. Stats dont lie. They aren't any good and we all know that, so dont try.
Even crappy teams can have top ten offenses.

Didn’t you guys have a rough season and a top ten offense last year?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Even crappy teams can have top ten offenses.

Didn’t you guys have a rough season and a top ten offense last year?

Your team had the same issue
OU won the conference and went to the playoffs. Not what I’d consider crappy or rough.

Apr 7, 2006
So it’s entirely possible to have a top ten offense and be a bad team. Got it.

You just can't put it together. OU beat a crappy team. OU will have every opportunity to prove itself - so just stop with the silliness.

You're trying so hard to make Houston a quality opponent by some metric and they just aren't. They came into the game having lost 4 of 5, scored 14 and gave up 70 to Army in their last game and replaced their coaching staff- including the OC and QB coach. They aren't a good team and whatever measure you're using to make them good when adjusted for their schedule is unimpressive.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
It is kind of like trying to say the Beaves were incredibly good because they had a 6th year returning QB, a good RB and WR. The Beaves aren't very good and Houston is about the same level of not very good.

Aug 26, 2017
Poteau Oklahoma
The Oregon State games wasn't as close as the final score indicated, Gundy pulled our 1st team in the middle of the 4th because the game was in hand. OU should have only won by 11 if they actually believed in sportsmanship