Go Houston Thread!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
42-17 OU. Jalen Hurts has more running yards tonight than he ever had at BAMA with 332 passing and 160 running. I guess OU doesn’t have a RB!

VENTRINO

You've got 5 seconds.. and 3 are up.
Sep 10, 2008
The Dojo
Hurts is gonna have some eye popping numbers at the end of this one. His arm isn’t gonna scare anybody, but they’ve got talent all around him..and he can run.

More shootouts coming

Apr 7, 2006
Headline options- "Hurts Preparing Heisman Speech", "Grinch Completes Iron Curtain" , "OU Offensive Line Best Ever", "OU Forces 94 yards in Referee Errors", "OU Defeats Greatest G5 Team of All-Time"

Nov 18, 2011
Keep in mind, the homer media around here crowned them last year after the FAU (63-14)game too. Their D was supposedly so fast and much better. FAU was even ranked.

Their game was very similar to
ours, score and all. Everyone knows the offense will be good with all the weapons. Their D, outside of one quarter, looks very suspect. They were gashed in the run/ QB run game. Houston made very few attempts deep, which is typical Holgy, to test their secondary. It’s going to be Tech and Texas before we know anything about them.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Keep in mind, the homer media around here crowned them last year after the FAU (63-14)game too. Their D was supposedly so fast and much better. FAU was even ranked.

Their game was very similar to
ours, score and all. Everyone knows the offense will be good with all the weapons. Their D, outside of one quarter, looks very suspect. They were gashed in the run/ QB run game. Houston made very few attempts deep, which is typical Holgy, to test their secondary. It’s going to be Tech and Texas before we know anything about them.
I mean... they did go 12-1 in the regular season, won the Heisman and went to the playoffs.. so they weren’t necessarily wrong. Except for the defense anyway.

D’Erik King is one of the best QBs that defense is gonna face all year and one of the best offenses. He singlehandedly saved a number of drives and was super smart with the ball.

The defense didn’t have blown assignments or give up long scores. Houston had to fight for every point they got. Hats off to them. You guys gave up 36 points to the #67 offense from last year. OU gave up 31 to the #7 offense in the country from last year. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2011
I mean... they did go 12-1 in the regular season, won the Heisman and went to the playoffs.. so they weren’t necessarily wrong. Except for the defense anyway.

D’Erik King is one of the best QBs that defense is gonna face all year and one of the best offenses. He singlehandedly saved a number of drives and was super smart with the ball.

The defense didn’t have blown assignments or give up long scores. Houston had to fight for every point they got. Hats off to them. You guys gave up 36 points to the #67 offense from last year. OU gave up 31 to the #7 offense in the country from last year. Just saying.

Well I wasn’t really referring to a B12 title, they’ve already crowned them NC. No argument that they and Texas are the B12 favorites. On a national stage they will get smashed just as they have been. Houston would be middle of the pack of B12 offenses. Again they have a new coach and a new offense so it’s not last year. But go right ahead and keep listening to the fanboy media around here and believe you are on the same level as Alabama or Clemson.

Oct 30, 2007
This was OU's first game with their new defensive coordinator. I'm sure Dana didn't really know what to expect out of the gate. Houston really struggled offensively in the first quarter, but they started to have a lot more success as they made adjustments. OU's defense probably isn't as good as they looked initially.

Apr 7, 2006

Seems like maybe you forgot the part of the story (actually the last chapter) where Houston got beat 70-14 by none other than Army and replaced their coach. Enjoy the win and your team, by all means, but enough about Houston.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
D’Erik King is one of the best QBs that defense is gonna face all year and one of the best offenses. .

Wow, if you believe this...... There are several qb's in the big 12 better than him, including Spencer Sanders. Probably even Dru Brown.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk