Glenn Spencer on Sports Animal....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 31, 2007
Tulsa, OK
www.sumnerphoto.net
i didn't catch the whole thing. he was asked if he would be calling a more aggressive D to take advantage of guys like gilbert and he said yes...it seemed to me he was saying he will make changes on D but trying to be respectful to BY and not diss last year's D. now, trabor and ---crack are squabbling like old women about song titles.

Aug 8, 2005
Oklahoma City
I listened to the whole interview, to say Spencer was hesitant to make any committment to significant changes would be an understatement, Spencer spent the first few minutes talking how outstanding BY was, he said the defense from two years was exactly what he wants, with all the turnovers, Trabor then very nicely made the point that you can't count on those type of numbers happening every year, Spencer didn't really have much a response to that, basically what Spencer indicated is that his philosophy would very much like BY, expect the spread offenses to get yards between the twentys, the key would be red zone defense and turnovers, I found the interview exceptionally unsatisfying, maybe he wasn't fired up talking to the enemy.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I listened to the whole interview, to say Spencer was hesitant to make any committment to significant changes would be an understatement, Spencer spent the first few minutes talking how outstanding BY was, he said the defense from two years was exactly what he wants, with all the turnovers, Trabor then very nicely made the point that you can't count on those type of numbers happening every year, Spencer didn't really have much a response to that, basically what Spencer indicated is that his philosophy would very much like BY, expect the spread offenses to get yards between the twentys, the key would be red zone defense and turnovers, I found the interview exceptionally unsatisfying, maybe he wasn't fired up talking to the enemy.
i think he was just trying to be respectful to BY cause i know that those coaches up there have a lot of respect for him. i think if you read between the lines he does make a slight move towards being more aggressive but the same "turnovers are key" stance we have had. i think our D will be better if we just get better third down D and work on our blitz packages no one will be complaining. yards dont matter in the big 12 its points

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
i think he was just trying to be respectful to BY cause i know that those coaches up there have a lot of respect for him. i think if you read between the lines he does make a slight move towards being more aggressive but the same "turnovers are key" stance we have had. i think our D will be better if we just get better third down D and work on our blitz packages no one will be complaining. yards dont matter in the big 12 its points
Do other conferences have scoring systems I don't know about?

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
www.prgsales.com
Saying that yards don't matter and depending on the other team to turn the ball over to your team is being very hopeful to say the least. It just doesn't work in the very biggest games against top quality programs.

The only true turnovers you can impact are yours.

Aug 8, 2005
Oklahoma City
Saying that yards don't matter and depending on the other team to turn the ball over to your team is being very hopeful to say the least. It just doesn't work in the very biggest games against top quality programs.

The only true turnovers you can impact are yours.
Perfect point, that is the one thing that Gundy doesn't seem to fully embrace, this can work for maybe 8-10 teams a season, but not consistently for the big boys, the defense played very aggressive against OU 2 years ago, we blew them apart, yes it can work even against spread offenses

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
Perfect point, that is the one thing that Gundy doesn't seem to fully embrace, this can work for maybe 8-10 teams a season, but not consistently for the big boys, the defense played very aggressive against OU 2 years ago, we blew them apart, yes it can work even against spread offenses
"that is the one thing that Gundy doesn't seem to fully embrace".

Really? Tell me all you know about what Gundy embraces. Why he embraces it. What you would do with the personnel we have (full well knowing you don't have any idea what their capabilities are) that is different.

(Sit back and take it all in friends, this oughta be real good!)