Get ready for Boynton's annual 2nd half coach-up

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
We've seen some amazing highs and lows (TCU, really?) already! We are looking good overall and getting better week by week. Boynton teams always drop a bunch of games as soon as Big 12 play begins, then go through a phase of excruciating close losses, and then start to peak and win a bunch.

This year I believe we won't drop that many games to start Big 12 play and, so far, have started to turn the corner on excruciating losses. KU had a 16-0 streak, the lead and all the momentum in the world and OSU responded by doing exactly what was needed to close out the game. That's not a fluke against KU. Don't look now, but we also have the benefit of a front-loaded conference schedule.

Boynton doesn't have an established system to coast us into conference play like longer-tenured programs (Huggins, Self). He does a truly great job of analyzing issues, making adjustments and coaching everyone up. I don't want to jinx this, as there's so much that could go wrong on or off the court for us, but Boynton has this team AND program right where it needs to be.

Apr 14, 2009
I love the win.
I love Coach Mike. We have really good players.I thought the team did much better in the first five minutes of the second half.
But let’s recognize last night there was about an eight minute stretch that Mike looked like a deer in the headlights of a Mack truck.And somebody please explain to me why Boone was playing at the Post position during crunch time?